Bilateral TKR Limpynomore has reached the recovery side!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeap am being released at 2:30

They say the healing will be better at home.
I will have someone to give me a shot here and try a nurses to come to come
To my house. I am hoping makes sense. I have been typing this form over
An hour now
 
Husband is at the Dunkin Donuts to give it to the paramedics. They Will be putting me up on the chairs l to hoist me my my steps.
Can't wait to get home!
 
That is too funny Chibigirl, however I knew you were serious because you live in the Keys! Congrats! Are you doing the blood thinner shots? I am doing lovenox....it is really pretty simple and you can control the release into your stomach. I should be released within a few hours. My OS is in surgery right now. Talk to you soon!
 
I am home! The paramedics loved the donuts.
They told me anytime I need to go up and down to give them a call.
Tomorrow a nurse is coming to my house for the shots. I have 7 more days left. I have tried to retread what I wrote. Bad spelling! It's the drugs! Home is awesome! Whoopee!!
 
I cant help smiling when I see u writing about getting hoisted into your house!! Lol you sound in terrific spirits!! :yahoo:
 
I made it home as well! Getting into the car was not too bad. Getting into the house was fine as I didn't have to do any stairs. I am living in my recliner in my family room. Sleep was somewhat elusive. My husband stayed in the family room with me so he could help me to the bathroom. It seems I had to go all night for some unknown reason......I didn't drink a lot of water or anything. Had a breakdown in the middle of the night which I suspect is somewhat normal given the circumstances. I have PT at 10 this morning to be evaluated. NOT looking forward to that! Then a nurse comes between 11 & 1 to evaluate me.
 
The back of my heels are hurting. Probably since I can't change positions too well if at all. Appetite is nonexistent. I am thinking of juicing for the nutrients.
 
PT went well. I have 90 + degree bend on both knees. Don't know extension though. Did some exercises and walked around the house. The walking felt good. The only real problem is getting up and down. Problem inn that it is painful.
 
The back of your heels is likely from your foot being stabilized during surgery (not sure what they actually use, but I imagine a vise of some sort). You'll get the hang soon enough of what makes it less painful to get up and down. I just had a single TKR at a time, so don't really have any helpful hints for you on that. For me, the lack of sleep was the worst part of the whole deal. It made it easier for me when I gave into a night time "routine" of sleeping 2 hours in the bed, then 2 in the recliner, then 2 back in the bed with leg in cpm, etc. I then quit watching the clock so much. Around week 4 for both I had a break-thru of good sleep. Hope you can find something that works for you too.
 
Thank Florida1! I am sleeping pretty well, even though it is all times of day. In fact I just awoke from a nice 1 hour nap. I view this as a luxury. I know that sleep is pretty darn important and give in to it whenever I can. Go Hawks!
 
Glad that you have made it home and that recovery is going well - your ROM sounds great!:yay:
 
Well done Ladies you are both doing well. I had the sore heel thing too I was wondering what caused it, I am also pleased I had both knees done together, you get it over and done with in one hit, its not easy but worth it.
I'm seven weeks post op and still have a bit of trouble sleeping, I find if I go to bed late then I sleep better, I hate going to bed and clock watching.
Tomorrow is my first day going to an exercise class for joint replacements, hope it wont be to painful.

Take care ladies it gets easier. :dancy:
 
I guess the big question is on what day post op does it get easier? I do find that I am not yelling quite as loud when I get up.
 
Limpynomore, for me I found the first three weeks was the hardest then all of a sudden you turn the corner, hopefully for you it will come sooner as we are all different. Patients is the key.
 
Thanks for that Suzyblue! That is a long time from today! I will keep at doing what I do best.....rest, ice, elevate, medicate, sleep. What improvements do you see at 6 weeks?
 
I started feelling much better once I could get to standing and sitting with minimal pain which was prob day 9. Stretchinv an exercise are still WORK, but feels good when accomplished.
 
At six weeks I'm walking without the crutches and getting out a bit can walk around the supermarket, my knees are still stiff and a little sore but can move around a lot better, I'm doing a bit of house work as well, but I still ice elevate and rest when I can although I'm off to an excersises classes today to help with it all. It does get better but it's not a quick fix but it has to be worth it considering what we have all been through before the operation.
 
At six weeks I'm walking without the crutches and getting out a bit
Psychologically---that is a big lift---a huge "pic-me-up." Getting out like that, even slowly and for short periods of times---brings a sense of "normalcy" that we all crave so very, very much!

my knees are still stiff and a little sore
Mine were that way for quite some time---about four-five months before I lost the stifness and the limp.
 
Hi Tim, yes it does make you feel better in yourself when you can get some normality back, I need to get back to work on the 1st August so that would be around three months so I'm hoping I am walking a bit better and I have more stamina my back is aching a bit at the moment I think its with walking differently.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom