scaredinCA
graduate
- Joined
- Jan 19, 2013
- Messages
- 724
- Age
- 86
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
I would sure like to know why your OS does it that way for bilaterals. Scary isn't it.
United States
United States
United StatesAt 3 1/2 months out I've never thought that thought yet either...and certainly can't imagine I ever will!! Every day it's ONE AND DONE!! One surgery...one recovery...it's the way to go!!I thought at some point I would say to myself "what were you thinking"! That thought has never occurred thus far.
United StatesI really can't remember days 2 and 3 being especially painful days. I think it's because I would write down when I got my pain meds and when they were due next...then would start buzzing for those meds about 15 minutes before they were due. It was almost a bit stressful because I didn't want to go too long without those meds (and they have those rules that I needed to ask for my pain meds)...and it was nice at home because I was in charge of my meds and could take them as soon as they were due. I kept a chart for weeks to keep on top of when I was due for my meds. My most painful day was day 4 when I was discharged. It was just a lot to get into the car...30 minute drive home with a 10 minute stop for my hubby to pick up my meds at the pharmacy. Then a long walk into the house using my walker including going up a few steps. By the time I got into bed and my hubby and son got my ice machines going for my knees...I was a bit teary. Back then I was on one Percocet...then 4 hours later one Tramadol...then 4 hours later one Percocet. So I took two Percocets when I got home and in about 10 minutes I was feeling much better!If you had to say which days were most painful, would you say day 2 & 3 perhaps 4 as well?