Revision TKR Limited ROM left knee and journey of the right knee

Do you have one of those implants that is longer than most? I ask because you mentioned the stem and the pain in your bone from the braking experience. If it’s what I’m thinking of, then that’s a lot of foreign object in your bone. I would imagine it will take a longer time to heal from that than the smaller type TKR implants. I can fully understand the pain you described from stepping on the imaginary brake.

I am now wondering whether the length of the implant has anything to do with problematic knees. My left knee (the problem one that won't bend) has one of these long stems. Indeed a lot of foreign objects in the bone. If there were to be a revision (not that I am looking forward to one anytime soon), can this be reverted? Or is it too late now to have a 'normal' one put in. Just curious ....
 
I wouldn't worry about the 'wonky walk' since you said you can correct it if you concentrate. It is entirely possible that it happens when you feel stiff. I would do whatever exercises you find helpful. I continued to do some light stretching for many weeks (but then I seem to be prone even today to stiff muscles--probably the fibromyalgia) and gradually added more walking etc. Continue to listen to your body as far as activity.
 
@jandoh - it's still very early in your recovery. those long stems do take longer to heal, but I don't think there will be any need for you to have a revision. Just give it time. Remember that complete recovery does take a full year.
 
@jandoh - it's still very early in your recovery. those long stems do take longer to heal, but I don't think there will be any need for you to have a revision. Just give it time. Remember that complete recovery does take a full year.

Thanks, Celle. But this knee was revised in October 2015, with an MUA in December of last year. Does it still require another year of recovery? I can't help but think that I am done with the bend - still at 85 after almost three years. It is just rock hard, as if something is blocking it from bending, and my constant attempt to bend further is causing pain and swelling.
 
@kneeper - thanks for your advise and support. I will strive to 'listen' to my body - it's just so hard. It's great to be in such company, where you can be reminded from time to time what you should be doing. As humans, we tend to go astray sometimes. Thanks once again.
 
@jandoh,
You'll notice that I have moved several of your posts in Shelli22's thread to your recovery thread. These posts were relevant to your recovery, and we want to avoid hijacking Shelli22's thread.
  • This way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice, and for you to have a diary of your recovery.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Thanks, Celle. But this knee was revised in October 2015, with an MUA in December of last year. Does it still require another year of recovery?
@jandoh - I was just going by what is in your signature, which says you had your right knee revised in December 2017. Did that not happen? Did you have an MUA instead? OR did you left knee have an MUA when your right knee had the revision?
 
@jandoh I just read your thread. Wow you’re journey is as convoluted as mine. The stiffness from adhesions is awful. I had it removed from my left knee 8 weeks prior to having a total revision, however it did nothing to alleviate the symptoms ie the swelling and pain. I can’t even give you any hints as to whether having another revision will fix the problem because I am only nine weeks post op and I’m expecting a longer recovery due to the amount of trauma my knee has been subjected to. I’m hoping it will resolve all the issues but only time will tell.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
Back
Top Bottom