THR Lily's recovery

Today is 8 weeks for me. I had my last appointment with my pt this morning.
...............

Long post but that's my day.
Thanks for giving me a glimpse, I hope, of the future!! I shortened it to save some space. All the best!
 
The protein shake is a great idea. I like one called Isowhey which is an Aussie brand and I'll give it a go. :thankyou:

Kritterkido...every week it gets better. I did very little other than rest and practice walking and took great care nursing my hip and myself in the beginning. I talked to my pt weekly via zoom, he watched me walk and said all good. He kept asking about pain but the hip has never caused pain, only the surrounding tissue and groin. So icing and more rest.

Having said that I can put shoes and socks on myself and today I cut my toenails myself ... there's so much more I can do each week...no dramas.

You're early on and hope you're recovery runs smoothly...my advice...no hurry or pushing yourself. Know your limits but stay mobile.

Best of all you're here with everyone and you'll get all the guidance and support you need.:catbutterfly:
 
Last edited:
Last night I slept badly not because of my hip but because of other things going on in my life that had me tossing and turning.:alarm:

During the night I rolled onto my operated hip and fell asleep. I woke about 30 minutes later not in pain but there was a feeling of pressure in the general area. Not uncomfortable but not right either.

So I'm happy I didn't do or feel anything alarming but I'll be waiting a bit longer before I choose to sleep on that side.

Back to the pillow wall.:) :-) (:
 
During the night I rolled onto my operated hip and fell asleep. I woke about 30 minutes later not in pain but there was a feeling of pressure in the general area. Not uncomfortable but not right either.
I remember that anxiety about rolling over on my surgical side in my sleep. You are more than six weeks out of surgery, so it's probably fine. But if it worries you, put a big pillow on that side to prevent you from going in that direction.

By the way, it also felt very strange to me when I finally started to sleep in my surgical side again. Many others say thee same. So you are in good company!:wink:
 
I'm in the over did it club today.:bawl:

Just wanted to say...what a week.. I knew I had it coming. :shocked:
My worst day since before surgery. Everything hurts....need meds,ice,rest:sleep:
 
:)Oh bless you Goma , hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
 
Well, welcome to ODIC, you are now an official member.
Majority of us have been there, you know the drill, rest, ice.
 
It's 5.30am Wednesday morning...the meds, ice and rest have kicked in and feeling better.

Having a coffee and planning a quiet day.

Easy to overestimate your capabilities and I agreed to babysit my two very active, very little granddaughters (age 2 and 9 months) for 3 days straight. phew....

Circumstances meant no one else was available and even with my husbands very vigilant help it was too much. :flwrysmile:

Thank you for your kind thoughts.
 
These type situations can definitely give us a cause for pause...and make us realize :
It never seems to hurt until later.

Glad you are babying yourself.
You'll be back on track Very soon.
 
2 month update today and where's that gone..:shrug:
I've been in constant recovery mode.

Anyway, my gait is something I've been vigilantly concentrating on and it's an even balanced walk now. No aids anymore. Just walking but not as quickly as I feel I should be especially when I'm tired. I expect that to improve with time.:walking::walking:

The longer leg length sensation is gone and I think that as the swelling decreased that fixed itself. Sitting on a brick is almost gone. I barely notice it.


Still on a mild dose of medication. The end of the day is when I feel achy. My incision is still stingy but getting less so. That's what bothers me the most.Best of all minor swelling ,no bruising and no pain in my leg,back or groin. I'm still icing.

If I twist in a bad way I feel pain but it goes very quickly. If I do too much I feel fatigued and achy but not sharp pain as such. My husband would politely say I'm in a bad mood:gaah:

I can sleep on my operated side, sleeping is good, walk downstairs but still working on going up. Driving is easy just not twisting to get in the car. Everyday activities at my pace is fine. Bending to pick up off the floor is possible but still not liking it. Can put on socks and shoes myself....:kitty: don't cross my leg over the midline and will be seeing my surgeon in a few weeks so hope I get the ok for that.

Overall I'm feeling myself just doing my days as usual and if it's too much I rest and ice in the evenings. Still more to do but I'm happy.

Going to the beach today for lunch.:flwrysmile:
 
That all sounds ds very positive. We are all different. I still have difficulty sleeping on my side and scar still stings but still making progress.
 
Your update sounds like your doing really well. Glad to read you enjoyed your beach lunch.
Happy Two month Anniversary, Goma!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
@Goma
 
Yes, I'm feeling really happy and satisfied with my progress. :thankyou: Enjoy your weekend too.
 
So great to read about your fun trips, glad you’re feeling well.
 
More overdoing it for me and I have groin pain that is worrying me. It's in the front beside my new hip so I'm guessing soft tissue or flexors.:shrug:

The thing is I knew I was doing too much. :bignono:

I've done the drill. Packed on the ice, resting and took stronger meds.

I'm in bed for the night so I'm hoping I'm better in the morning. Tomorrow I'm going to be a couch potato :flwrysmile:
 
After close to two years there are days I have groin ache if I overdo, just ice and rest, you know the drill.
Between decorating for the holidays, walking dog I dog sit here and there, plus getting apartment downstairs ready for my Texas family's arrival 12/21 I've had to lay down for an hour and just rest.
Then I decided to clean out my holiday closet...lifting storage boxes (not that heavy but still bending and lifting), I really overdid it! Can't leave well enough alone but I have decorations I no longer use and wanted to donate and consolidate.
I'll never learn!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom