Have made my 5 month mark and feeling grateful and happy with my outcome.
Positives are no pain

and flexibility. Walking long distances is easy.
I'm progressively improving with stairs. There's still a little niggle when stepping up but it's better. If I've had a big day I feel a bit of groin ache..not pain as such. I have a coffee and rest a bit and I'm ok.
I'm doing a big house clean and at night when I'm sitting up in bed the front of my hip is a bit tender ..not pain... so I'm entering the overdid it club I think.
Eventhough all is well I'm mentally aware of the new hip so always trying to be a bit careful. Mainly getting in and out of the car, how much I lift and as course ...stairs. I pause when I get out of bed eventhough there's no pain, just a little stiffness and this is gone by the time I've walked to the kitchen.
I can sleep both sides and stretch out on my front with no problems.
These all bothered me pre-op and I'm still hanging onto these thoughts. They don't consume my day but I adjust what I do to accommodate my concerns meaning for example I don't twist to get in and out of the car, carrying lighter loads in shopping bags and managing stairs slowly. Sometimes I forget and my hip reminds me.
Overall I'm extremely happy with my progress and I'm sure I'll get even better. I don't do any PT and have done very little thanks to Bonesmart guidelines. I never pushed myself to the point of pain or trying to achieve certain numbers of exercises. Just did what I could ,iced ,walked and rest. It's all worked out but definitely a process.
Still a few minor issues physically and mentally but getting there.
Wish everyone well in recovery
Could I change to 5 month mark.. thank you.