THR Life in the fast (swim) lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gertie Good for you! Getting ready to cook. I did not commit to doing Thanksgiving due to not knowing how I would do this time around. Still thinking. Have different aches this time. Have been looking at tons of recipes however. In our gatherings everyone contributes with side dishes, pies, etc. I understand needing walker. Took me 3 weeks last time so my goal is 2 weeks if possible. A day at a time.
 
Let's just say I'm fantasizing about cooking...I'll let you know at the end of the weekend if it actually happens or if I end up eating some soup I have in the freezer.

I also go to a t-giving gathering where all contribute. Hopefully I'll be driving by then--but I'm not sure what kind of energy I'll have for a long, leisurely sit around the table day with a 45 minute drive on either end. Of course I could just appear for dessert...
 
@gertie Ha! Ha! You will feel very different in a couple weeks. I would go to another's home and just have other
People wait on you! Can u spend the night there? That would be wonderful! They can wait on you in the morning too!
 
@SwimGirl oh my .. you brave even to think about hosting Thanksgiving! Hoping my daughter has it for her in-laws again this year cause they invite me too lol.
 
@tamra Just like you I am hoping someone else, my sister will have Thanksgiving at her house. She has not announced it but she does things on the spur of the moment. Always! Still waiting to see how I feel in another week. Have another appointment with OS Monday for X-ray and evaluation. Have a few minor things to report.
Hope your life is getting easier!
 
All, I have done all the holidays every year, NOT this year. If at worst best, and I decide I must do something, Harps grocery store and I think Kroger is offering complete meals, who would know? Lol
Husband is ready to escape all family for a cruise, umm not quite there! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Went to OS today for follow up appointment. Took cane instead of walker since I have been getting around the house some with only a cane. Surprised I made it. X rays look good and everything in its place. Need new jeans cause zipper was out of alignment on X-ray. Ha!Ha! Got all my questions answered and .....wait for it...........
Now I can drive since I am only on Tylenol. Left hip feeling better each day but I still need to ice as there is some swelling causing my sutures not to lay flat. Takes a few weeks for sutures to relax I was told. Hmm....
Otherwise all is good today. Next appointment I can drive myself! :mooncat:
 
@Postalgal I like your thinking as lots of people have complete dinners purchased. The important thing is having family and friends spend time together thankful to be enjoying life together! And once in a while escape with hubby to take a cruise!
 
@SwimGirl What a good report. You're sailing along. And great news about driving--I'm thinking 3 weeks out for me, we'll see what they say on Friday (even though I'm not taking anything stronger than acetaminophen I'm not sure my reaction time is up to driving quite yet).
 
Great reports! I don't see OS until Wednesday, and was told to come in with walker, ugh, but ok whatever they say, no pain meds today, but wonder how each day will be. Since mine is left hip as well, hopefully he says I can drive also, if nothing but to go see hubby at work, or happy hour at Sonic! haha!
Love these reports!
 
Good luck on follow up appointments to all! We will all be ready for the holidays!!!
 
@Postalgal What is happy hour at Sonic? Milkshakes 2 for the price of 1? Does it end at 7 p.m.?

No, lol! Not here anyway. From 2pm to 4 pm, it's actually happy hours, all drinks are half off, I think just soft drinks, I like to get a route 44 coke zero, just like the ice I think, then 7am to 11am is large drinks are $1.
 
@gertie I worked extra consulting this summer to earn the $ to convert a tub/shower to a new walk in shower. Love it! Am still lazy though and am using the shower chair which my husband hates. I keep telling him there's another bathroom down the hall with a tub/shower he can use...

@swim girl I have an appointment with my OS the day before Thanksgiving to check the hip and talk about hip #2. I'm thinking/hoping it will be 1 to 1-1/2 years away and I'll have it done in Florida. Saw Cape Canaveral hospital has that robotic arm thing for hip replacements.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@BusterBeans Haven't done any research on Cape Canaveral hospital so I don't know. I will have to look into that and also ask by OS who he may recommend up that way. I will be keeping you posted on what I find out. Glad you are spacing the surgery out some. I am still amazed at both knees done at same time!
 
@Postalgal Thanks for the info. But, I so love milkshakes! Lost some weight before surgery and quickly gaining it back. Need to cut down so I can splurge during holidays! Who does that?
 
@SwimGirl would greatly appreciate hearing your OS' recommendations on surgeons and hospitals in Cape Canaveral and Melbourne area.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Today was first day without using walker or cane around house. I am hobbling like preop but since my husband didn't even notice perhaps I am getting around better than I think. Tomorrow is another PT evaluation so I will
See how I am really doing. Loving the leg mobility that I did not have preop. What I love is being able to pick things up off the floor now without having to ask for help! Yeah!!! Better things to come I know!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom