THR Life in the fast (swim) lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BusterBeans Congrats on your visit with OS! Great news! Yes I am familiar with both hospitals. My surgeon works out of Melbourne at HRMC, Holmes Regional Medical Center. That is where Dr. Perry did both of my surgeries. Dr. Perry is with Atlantic Orthopaedics and only operates at HRMC. When you move to this area and have your next surgery I will come and visit you at the hospital!
 
If you don't mind me asking, what THR approach does your OS offer? Anterior or posterior or posterior mini? And does he do the THA with spinal or general? When we're in Florida, we go over to Melbourne sometimes to Old Town and to restaurants (and the Zoo) so we have some familiarity.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@BusterBeans My OS performs the anterior approach. Recovery is quicker with less limitations. No 90
degree limitation ,however I just felt more comfortable doing so. I needed that high toilet seat! Also who wants to bend at the waist when the thigh is swollen first few days postop! He also used General anesthesia which I
Liked because I needed to get up ASAP after surgery. He does not catherize during surgery. Anesthesia depends on patient need.
 
If I'm living in the Melbourne area when I need the right THR, I'll contact your OS. Sounds like your a repeat customer. I've been with my OS for about 5 years and we're both Green Bay Packers fans which is weird cause we live in PA. For Christmas I got him a Jordy Nelson (wide receiver) insulated mug. He will get a kick out of it.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@BusterBeans That is too funny that you are both Green Bay Packer fans! I am sure he appreciated the very thoughtful gift! I have only been to my OS since July at initial consult. He is all business perhaps because he is so busy! His PA is very personable and it makes a nice team. She is the one who called me right away when I reported sutures splitting. Then she had me come in to be evaluated right away. But, I know he is there when I need him. For any Rechecks and any other surgery down the road!
 
Can't wait to get to Florida! It was 18 degrees today with 40 mph winds and of course it was trash day so I was playing dodge 'em with all the trash cans blowing across the roads while driving. Saw it was 74 in Cocoa Beach today. ☹️


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom