Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Hello and a Happy Monday to you! :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
Great to hear your friend is doing well, putting your mind at ease and also good to read that Mr Happy elicited the response you were hoping for.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
@SCaprae
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 
Hello,
I hope you had a nice Christmas and your friends THR recovery is going well.
Hopefully you're well, Ruby is well, gray kitty is well and
everyone else is well :heehee:
Wishing you all things good in 2020.
Happy New Year! :new-year-toast-smiley-emoticon:
@SCaprae
 
Thank you, the same wished for all. Had a good visit w/ my friend and shared all that has been shared w/ me. She is working thru swelling, manipulation pain( ice, elevate, rest) and a pronounced knot (similar to “Hank”). Also did wonder aloud “was this the correct course of action “, has decided that it was. No longer has the initial pain that led to surgery, but has been worn down by the replacement pain. Reassured her, we discussed looking backwards to guage improvement. Hanging in there. Best to all.
 
Hopefully you keep reminding your friend that these are indeed early days. Less than 3 weeks, right?
There are so many Is This Normal? questions that float around our brains and certainly lead to the Should I Have Done This question.
Sorry she has to deal with a Hank issue...hopefully she will find that these things are mostly resolved with time and I'm sure she is glad to have your reassurance.

20-20 sounds like a year of Clear Sight, right?
Hope it's a year of improvements for us all :thumb:
 
I'm guessing you've suggested to your friend that she may find comfort here and could also benefit from perusing the forum, even if she's not interested in becoming a member. It may help her realize the discomfort and sensations she's experiencing are all normal. Once she became familiar here she may decide she'd like to become a member and join in discussions or gain the ability to receive advice / opinions from those who've been there, done that.

Looking back will help her gauge improvement. Even now, doing so on a weekly basis. If you expect to see daily improvement you're setting yourself up for disappointment, as you know through experience. But I think in the early weeks especially you do notice weekly improvement.
I wish her well on the journey!

Have a great weekend!
@SCaprae
 
Oh no! I'm so very sorry to hear this. The poor dear, I'll bet it was frightening and caused great pain at only two weeks post op. Is it a minor fracture, requiring bedrest, or serious enough to warrant surgery? The stem moving a couple inches sounds serious, what is the plan at this point...I can't help but wonder?
I'll remember her in prayer also.
@SCaprae
 
She is currently in ICU at United in the Metro area. Surgery as soon as new parts arrive. Shattered pelvis where the cup was installed, a lot of trauma to surrounding tissues. Will know more later today.
 
Ugh...this is so sad! I can't even imagine. My heart goes out to your friend and her husband who has to stand by watching her suffer.
Hopefully they're keeping her comfortable as she awaits surgery. I would assume this will make for a long recovery and if I recall, she needs her other hip replaced. I'm sure this feels like a nightmare to her. Hopefully she gains strength from you given your history and how you triumphed over it all.
I will remember her in prayer. Please keep us posted.
@SCaprae
 
Surgery scheduled for later today: Pelvis repair and prosthetic replacement. Medical Team is optimistic, we’re hopeful.
 
Wishing her only the best. :prayer:
 
Initial report is that the surgery went well. Recovery has begun (though the end is distant). Here we go... Thank you all for your support.
 
Good to hear surgery is behind her. I wish her comfort and an uneventful recovery. Thanks for updating us. I hope you have a nice week!
@SCaprae
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom