Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

Good news! Potentially being discharged to a care facility tomorrow. Looking at 2-4 weeks there before going home depending on progress.
 
That is good news! I'm sure she has a long road ahead of her, but at least she's headed in the right direction. I wish her only the best.
Have a great weekend! We're in for a chilly one it seems.
@SCaprae
 
Things have been quiet, being respectful of personal space. No news is usually good news.
 
I can only imagine she is hopefully staying medicated while this crucial healing is happening.
Hope all is going well with you hip wise.
 
Almost one year mark from your resection surgery. :yes!:
 
I'd assume all is progressing as it should with, Cookie, if I were you also.
Long road ahead though, I'm guessing. The poor dear.
Possibly texting your friend that you're "thinking of you two and holding good thoughts" may elicit an update on her progress? You wouldn't be asking for a response, just sending good wishes. :)

Stay warm and hunker down, you know what's coming since we're in the same general area. :snow plough: No slipping onthe ice.:no-fin:
Ugh...the mere thought scares me:yikes:
@SCaprae
 
Visited w/ her husband while we hauled his UTV w/ snowplow back from being repaired in preparation for “the big storm “ coming tomorrow, Saturday.
Has been a tough week for her: Medicab ride from St Paul to Alexandria ( close to their son, daughter-in-law and 2 young grandchildren). Bone pain and pelvis/hip reconstruction (femur shattered, 4 clamps/cables stabilizing the new prosthetic). Found a very good facility there and are moving forward.
I’m doing well , my complaints are minor and I am thankful. Getting ready for 2 - 8 hour days in Mankato for Electrical Code classes. Planning on staying tomorrow night, not fight the weather. Mandatory educational credits for license renewal, just add coffee.
 
I hope everyone stays safe in the storm. Winds are roaring here today, but no snow.

Has been a tough week for her: Medicab ride from St Paul to Alexandria ( close to their son, daughter-in-law and 2 young grandchildren). Bone pain and pelvis/hip reconstruction (femur shattered, 4 clamps/cables stabilizing the new prosthetic). Found a very good facility there and are moving forward.
I hope all the reconstruction heals well. It’s wonderful she will be in a good facility near family. I am sure her husband appreciates your help.
 
Bone pain and pelvis/hip reconstruction (femur shattered, 4 clamps/cables stabilizing the new prosthetic).

The poor woman. And a 2+ hour ride to another city. Ugh! I'll bet she was happy to finally land somewhere comfortable. I wish her the best.

Good to hear your complaints are minor. Enjoy your classes tomorrow, lol.
Probably wise to avoid driving in the storm. Sounds like we're going to get some measurable snow quickly. Safe travels!
 
Ruby was glad to see me. Roads were bad.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Life After SCaprae
    8DC7DC5B-EF15-4C99-962E-F96CA66BB92C.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 242
Wow.....Ruby is a big one! It's nice to see your face....assuming that's you?
You and Ruby in your NASCAR watching, Bloody Mary drinking, escape from the little woman and house to tinker with stuff Man Cave. Your happy place I'm betting :yes:

Hope you have a great week! :)
@SCaprae
 
Approaching the 2 year mark mid February, “Oh the Memories “. Yes this is where I belong/retreat to. Ruby’s dozing while the game is on.
Cleared a couple neighbors driveways, shoveled the deck, filled the bird feeders, put out suet. No visit from Yogi today and another friend is having his TRH Tuesday. Must be something in the water here.
 
You have been through quite a bit! Smart idea to have a peaceful place, literally. Enjoy it.
 
Yes, the memories. I can only imagine some of the low points along the way. It's been a rough road and the journey long, but you're doing great and your future looks bright.

You've been busy on this freezing cold day. Looks like we'll be rebounding a bit by weeks end hitting the freezing mark. Can't wait....it will feel tropical. :heehee:

I hope your friend has an uneventful surgery and recovery. Keep us posted on Cookie's healing, it will be nice to follow her early journey toward her happy ending.

@SCaprae
 
Visited by phone w/ Cookie & she is enduring pain of the sort the we all know about, plus some we don’t. She is up and walking some (already have her bearing weight on the right side) and continues to look forward.
 
Poor Cookie.:sad:
Glad she is moving about and I can guess it does take tremendous effort.

Hope you are staying warm!
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom