Hip Infection* Life After SCaprae

My friend is having s difficult time & could use some supportive thoughts.
Was back at the hospital Monday to have drainage from incision checked & was released. Back for surgery this morning/ dislocated hip, not too sure about details (dislocated while lifting it into bed).
 
Oh my, I am so sorry. Sounds like the staff is learning they need to be so careful with her.
 
This is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for your friend, Cookie. I'll keep her in thought and prayer. What a nightmare this has become. It's truly unfortunate. Please keep us posted on her progress.
I hope you have a nice weekend.
@SCaprae
 
Good news of sorts: they were able to return the hip to position w/o surgery. Now has a torso brace w/a rod to keep the right leg in position (6-8 weeks) to prevent recurrence. Back at care facility and facing the challenges.
 
Now has a torso brace w/a rod to keep the right leg in position (6-8 weeks) to prevent recurrence.
:unsure: oh my stars, that sounds super uncomfortable.
So glad they didn't have to go back in, but man...what a journey.
Continued prayers for her comfort and healing....:praying:
 
From what I have read, believe it is a hip abduction brace. Does not look comfortable.
 
Hello :wave:
That poor woman. What a nightmare she's enduring. Hopefully any pain she's experiencing is well managed and time flies for her.

I wish she would join us here for support. Next time you see her put on your salesman hat and and go to town. :wink: Even coaxing her to take a peek at the site may draw her in, if she hasn't already checked it out. I'm sure she could use an abundance of support and encouragement about now, but I understand if you don't want to suggest it again, or if she's just not interested.

Thanks for updating on, Cookie. I hope you're doing well also.
Have a great Thursday and weekend! :)
@SCaprae
 
Things are progressing for both of my friends who had recent replacements.
Cookie is adjusting to the brace & once the hip stabilized, is beginning to notice the pain diminish some. Possibly home in 2 weeks, depending on progress. Just being at home will be a good change.
Dan stopped (Chauffeured) by for a “Virgin Mary” and enjoyed the recliner & conversation while the pregame show was on in the garage. First outing since surgery on th 21st of last month. He’s getting around good!
Today is 2 years post op for the removal of my problem (infection) set of parts the selfie I’ll attach was the day after surgery and the beginning of “no infect”. I had quit shaving for a while before surgery.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Life After SCaprae
    2840F084-E67A-4638-AE5A-19AE0BF8B0FC.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 257
:wave:
2 Years...Infection Eradicated...:yes!:
What a blessing!

Glad to hear Cookie is improving and I do hope she will be able to come home soon.

You've had quite the journey.

Patience, persistence, and a positive attitude are the attributes you possess that I believe have contributed to this great recovery.
Have a great week @SCaprae

:SUNsmile:
 
Wow, a milestone for you to celebrate. It is a blessing! You've come a long way from that hospital bed, unshaven and I'm sure uncertain as to what your future would hold. Makes it even more refreshing to see you with Ruby on your lap in your man cave enjoying life!

It's great your friend made it over for some male bonding and a change of scenery. Those first outings after surgery do a lot for our spirits. It's good to hear he's doing well, I'm sure he's feeling very encouraged and hopeful for a bright future.

Then there's Cookie...my heart goes out to her in her journey. She's not where we all expect to be at 6-7 weeks post op. It sounds as though things are looking up, but she has a ways to go. I hope she's feeling encouraged by her recent progress.

Thanks for updating. I hope you enjoyed the game.
Have a great Monday and week! :wave:
@SCaprae
 
Things are going well, spring like weather and all. My friend Dan is getting around very well with his new hip, has no regrets. Cookie is at home, progressing day by day. Looking forward to getting rid of the brace. The good news is no major setbacks.
 
Great news! Nice to hear from you, I’ve been meaning to post, say Hi and ask about your friends, especially poor Cookie. It’s wonderful to hear she is back home and on the mend.

Spring is in the air....finally! Still some snow to go, grass to green and temps to warm but at least we’re heading in the right direction.
Have a great rest of the week!
You’re two months away from a Two Year Anniversary.:happydance:
@SCaprae
 
Heard from Cookie (practicing social distancing ). She was able to take the brace off, things looked good. Dislocated the hip again, trip to the ER, put back into place and corrective surgery scheduled for the 27th. Was told to “self quarantine” till then so as not to delay the procedure. What an ordeal.
 
Oh my goodness.
Poor Cookie and What an ordeal, for sure.
Hope things level off soon so that there are no delays.:fingersx:
 
Oh gosh! Glad you have surgery scheduled. I hope all goes well! Best wishes!

Dislocated the hip again, trip to the ER, put back into place and corrective surgery scheduled for the 27th. Was told to “self quarantine” till then so as not to delay the procedure. What an ordeal.
 
Prayers, prayers, prayers. :prayer: This is so sad!
My heart goes out to that poor woman. This has to be depressing for her.
I can’t even imagine dealing with her situation amid the uncertainty of all else we’re dealing with. I feel like I’m living in Crazy Town the last few days.

Thanks for sharing an update on Cookie. I’m gathering you‘re offering support / encouragement to another member via a post of yours I read on the forum. Thanks for being there for him, I’m sure your support means a lot.
Stay safe and well.
@SCaprae
 
Yes, have been answering all questions asked directly and to the best of my ability. Shall continue to do so. Returning the support that I have received.
 
What a guy! Thanks again.
 
Hi @SCaprae
I hope all is still going well with your recovery also!:wave:
Interesting times, for sure...but this too shall pass.
Hope your week is sunny and bright.:SUNsmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom