Guest viewing is limited

THR Left Total Hip Replacement -anterior approach

I just was told to arrive at the hospital at 11 am, in the portal it says the surgery is at 1:30. The saddest thing happened yesterday, we had to put my adored little dog to sleep, he was suffering so. It's a huge hole in my heart, and I miss him so much. All of us who have dogs, or cats, know we love them deeply. He won't be by my side throughout my recovery like last time. He will be missed. [Bonesmart.org] Left Total Hip Replacement -anterior approach
 
Aww, I am so very sorry. I am familiar with that pain after losing several dogs in my life. It hurts. :boohoo:
He loved you and knew you loved him. I'm sure you gave him the best life possible. He's such a little cutie in the photo, I can see how he melted your heart.
Sending a warm hug your way, Reader.
@Reader525
 
I’m wishing you all the best for the imminent op and sending huge commiserations re your dog. So sad, and what a lovely life he had. Think on the good times.
Take care.
 
@Legseleven and @Layla thank you so much for understanding this kind of loss. I am supposed to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 11 am. Things have eased up a bit on drinking fluids in that I can have clear liquids sparingly up to 2 hours before my arrival time, so that's nice. Do you know what I dread most of all? Those flippin'compression socks. If they put those on captives they'd start talking, torture! I'll let everyone know how it goes tomorrow.
 
Morning. So sorry to hear about the loss of your devoted dog. It leaves a hole in your heart for sure. We’ve lost several fur babies over the years and each one takes a piece of your heart with them.
Good luck today.
Looking forward to your post op posts!
 
You can find Reader's Left TKR Spacer Exchange updates - HERE
 
Happy Seven Month Anniversary, Reader!
Hopefully the seven month old new hip is doing well and you're pleased with the knee spacer exchange recovery.
Lots of healing within a short period of time. Wishing you a great weekend and month of August. Stay in touch!
@Reader525
 
@Layla I can’t believe it’s been 7 months already. I was thinking about writing an update last night because I had lost a little momentum this week. We got a little puppy, an 8 week old mini-schnauzer. I am so sleep deprived and worn out! I know it’s a stage that will pass, but as Ricky Ricardo said so eloquently, Ai-Yi-Yi! With the fatigue my strength and endurance seems to have gone way down. I went to physical therapy yesterday and I dragged in the door and my therapist noticed immediately how my walk was off. That depressed me, and then she did the progress report for the orthopedist and the insurance company. I was so relieved to hear how my measurements had improved. I gained 2.5 cm for my quad on the surgical leg and both thighs are now the same. My surgical bend is 140° and non-surgical is 150°.
Every measurement has improved significantly.
All that being said, I have not had one day without soreness in my hip flexors, not one. I ignore it for my leg raises because I spent a lot of time resting them and it never helped, so I’m doing what I’m supposed to for my knee recovery. I don’t know why they continue to be sore, but possibly because I didn’t get any physical therapy after my replacement.
I am grateful for what is going well, I’m working and am doing well in that regard, so glad to be among the living.
Here’s a picture of the sleep thief, Dottie.
[Bonesmart.org] Left Total Hip Replacement -anterior approach
 
What a cutie! I hope her presence is a joy (despite the sleep issues!)

So glad to read of your progress. Your ROM is amazing.

Have you discussed the hip flexor issue with your physical therapist? If your body mechanics are off or you have a muscle imbalance, like weak glutes or a tight low back, the hip flexors are forced to work overtime. When I had an issue with my hip flexors, my PT diagnosed it as weak glutes and had me switch to doing only exercises for that problem. It took some weeks, but things did improve.
 
Dottie is adorable. Those eyes!
You've made some great progress in your recovery. I do hope your PT and more time helps ease the discomfort in your hip flexors. Between work, time at home, the sleep thief, and daily life in general, please keep us posted on your progress. It's always nice to hear from you, Reader. I hope you have a pleasant weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Reader525
 
Oh I know. Last week here the humidity was so oppressive & I had dog I babysit Thursday-Saturday. Had to limit to just 20 minutes at a time but we did end up going 4 miles by days end. He loves to walk & so do I. Best therapy after any type of surgery for sure once you are up to it.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom