Ask the Expert Webinar
Lounge Doctor

TKR Left TKR on 17 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovemck

Country
Australia Australia
@Yorkimom if you want to follow or 'watch' a particular thread, you can click the watch thread button near the top of the page. You'll get an alert anytime anyone posts on the thread. For me, the button is near the top of the page just before the first post.

OP
OP
marmora

marmora

post-grad
Country
Ireland Ireland
Hello all,

Kept it simple today , one 15 minute walk to a new Weight Watchers class that had started around the corner from my home. Last in class on 17 June, but would have to drive to that class, so delighted there is a new class in the area. Then 15 minute walk home.

Then friend collected me for soup & sandwich lunch before dropping me to my Group Post-op TKR PT class. A really fun class, circuit style for one hour for 5 weeks.

Then home to rest and ice and elevate.
And only added a few exercises incorporated into my at home activities.

On the couch, watching telly and catching up on The BoneSmart site.

Relaxing day.
Best wishes to all on the site for a great evening & night.

Cathie

tiredwife

alpha
Country
United States United States
@marmora One again I didn't get any alerts on your thread! Glad you didn't need a MUA, It will get better!
aanimationsa2z.com_attachments_Image_turtle_turtle15.gif
Like they say slow and steady wins the race!

OP
OP
marmora

marmora

post-grad
Country
Ireland Ireland
Hi Jackie
@tiredwife

Good morning to you and Steve,

Hope the two of you are well and that Steve is progressing with his second TKR recovery.
Weather here has taken an Autumnal turn, but the first week in September to be warm again, so a few good days to look forward to.

Was to go to Spain with the "girls" from the Golf Society on 25 September for a week, so will be missing that. Will miss the laughs, golf and Spanish wine ! Because the group is so large, the package for flights, hotel, golf and meals is very reasonable for the week .

Tonight the group are meeting for dinner 35/40 women to celebrate the end of the summer and talk about the upcoming trip, so will be there for that.

Off to hairdresser for trim, my avatar picture was on the day of my last haircut,so time for another visit to the hairdresser, it's in The Village so going there& back will count as two of my walks today.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:

tiredwife

alpha
Country
@marmora Good morning Cathie! We are doing okay! Steve is napping in his recliner right now. Sleep is in little spurts for him. His outpatient PT starts the 2nd. It turned hot and muggy here, and tons of bugs. We have had lots of rain.
Sorry you won't be able to go to Spain with your group! Next time you can go, and imagine how much fun you will have with a new knee that won't hurt by then.
I would love to cut my hair, but each year I grow it long so I can donate it to Locks of Love (they make wigs for cancer victims) what they can't use they sell to other wig makers to pay for the making of the wigs. They want 10 inches, so I have to let it grow quite long.
You have a great day.

OP
OP
marmora

marmora

post-grad
Country
Ireland Ireland
Hi Jackie
@tiredwife
How lovely your very 'personal donation' to Locks of Love.

Will miss the fun of being with the girls & golfing in Spain next month-but what will be will be.

I am in the mean time researching & organising a walking holiday for about 12 of the 'girls' in May or October 2015 to Walk the Camino de Santiago. It is a pilgrimage walk about 10-25 kilometres each day and stopping Pilgrim hostels the way for about 7-10 days.

The entire routes goes through Spain, Portugal, France so people do a small section of it at a time and can take several years to complete if you were only doing it 10 days per trip.

Martin Sheen was in a movie about the Camino Walk called 'The Way'.

It is very popular activity for many Irish people, some people even do it on their own, as you will meet up with other walkers/pilgrims along the way.

That is the aim of my recovery and have made a promise to do the Camino in 2015!

Take care,
Cathie

OP
OP
marmora

marmora

post-grad
Country
Ireland Ireland
My current photo was taken the day before my lTKR and the attached is actually on my 6week post-op anniversary. Didn't go to my usual place, as it is in town, instead went yo local hairdresser in Sandymount a Village.

Out tonight fir 7:30 pm with 40 women for dinner, laughs and as the Irish term "the Craic" at a local restaurant in The Village. "Craic" is An Irish term that means fun!

Did gentle exercises today and my 3 thirty minute walks, icing & elevating.

Won't stay too late, plan on husband collecting me at 9:15 - as sometimes theses nights can go on till after midnight !

Take care,
Cathie

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
marmora

marmora

post-grad
Country
Ireland Ireland
@tiredwife
Hi Jackie,

Stayed until 10:30 and a friend's husband drove her & me home. On my couch with ice on knee and elevated by 10;45pm.

Think the rest of the women will still be in the restaurant after midnight !
Could have done that before the TKR, but not tonight !Relaxing with a decaf coffee. Before heading yo to bed.

Cathie

OP
OP
marmora

marmora

post-grad
Country
Ireland Ireland
@tiredwife
There were 42 women, started with a glass of a Processco , but sparkling water for me at 7:30,
Lots of catching up, as many if us had not seen each other over the summer with families away on holiday home & abroad. Sat down to dinner at 8:15 and as luck would have it was sitting next to my PT, so in very good company. Two others of the group are also post TKRs, so compared recovery.

Lovely meal and good conversation, and then my friend (who had carpel tunnel surgery 10 days ago) and I were collected by her husband and driven home.

Dublin is really a collection of old villages and we live in Sandymount Village, so most of the people there have had our children in the same local schools and local sports clubs (rugby, tennis, soccer, cricket).

Of the group tonight 34 are going on the Spanish golf trip on 25 September.

Great night with great friends.

Cathie

OP
OP
marmora

marmora

post-grad
Country
Ireland Ireland
Hi Jackie & Hi Laurie,
@tiredwife
@madinana

Good Afternoon to you both,

Had a restless night and couldn't get comfortable, think - no, know it was from sitting in the restaurant so long last night. So lots of :ice: & :chillpill: this morning and only a few gentle stretching exercises.

Hope that Steve is getting on your his second TKR and that you are also getting some time for yourself?

Laurie, hope that Ms. Elephant Leg stays away for the weekend.

Take care and have a good start to your Labor Day Weekend ! :happydance:

Cathie

happymum

Country
Australia Australia
Hi Cathie,
I'm glad that you had a good outcome to your OS appointment. I'm a few weeks ahead of you but we share the same 95 rom. I'm hoping we both improve slowly but surely.
Hope your day is a good one
Cheers from Deb :)

madinana

post-grad
Country
Hi Cathie @marmora :wave:First want to wish you a great Labor Day weekend I feel really blessed I have had two days of no ms elephant , no calf, no thigh problems Sounds like you had a wonderful get together. Dublin sounds like a beautiful town. Sorry you had a restless night, hope you get a good night rest :yay: tonight

tiredwife

alpha
Country
@marmora Sounds like you had fun, a shame you have to pay for it with a restless night.
Percocet was making hubby have anxiety attacks (especially when trying to use his CPAP machine for his sleep apnea), so OS switched him to Norco today. Hope it helps!
For some reason (probably my asthma acting up) I only got about 5 hours sleep, so I will try to nap today!
You have a great weekend.

vallee

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi @marmora just read your thread and it is identical to mine apart from I only have a 85 degree bend so a little behind you, saw my os on Wednesday and I also have a month to improve before a possible MUA. I feel quite positive that I can improve but I am also quite receptive to the MUA if it improves my overall mobility. I had issues with my wound where I wasn't able to bend for 12 days so that didn't help also my quad only started showing signs of life after 5 weeks so it is still really weak straight leg lifts are so tiring and take so much energy to complete
wishing you a good recovery

OP
OP
marmora

marmora

post-grad
Country
Ireland Ireland
Hi Deb
@happymum
We do seem to share the 95 degree of Flexion, it seems so slow to get an increase on that. But, I am hopeful that we both will.
Slowly-but surely definitely is the path we both have to follow.

It's probably Early Saturday morning where you are, have a good weekend.

OP
OP
marmora

marmora

post-grad
Country
Ireland Ireland
Hi Laurie,
@madinana

Hi Laurie,

In Ireland our Long Holiday weekend was the first Monday in August, so this Monday is just a normal working. & school day here.

Glad that Ms.Elephant and no calf & thigh problems for you !:dancy:

Have had two catch-up naps today.

Have a good weekend,

OP
OP
marmora

marmora

post-grad
Country
Ireland Ireland
Hi Jackie,
@tiredwife

Hello, hope that the change of meds works well for Steve.
Hope that you were able to get a catch- up nap today.
I had 2 catch-up naps and certainly fell the better for having had them.

Have a good weekend,

OP
OP
marmora

marmora

post-grad
Country
Ireland Ireland
@vallee

Yes, we seem to be traveling similar roads with our Flexion.
We both have a month to increase our Flexion and like you, if it means a MUA that it improves Flexion, like you I'm also receptive.

Take care,

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member