Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Left, right, left again

. I did some walking without crutches on the smooth flat paths as recommended by the physio but I am still using crutches on any uneven surfaces.
I used a cane for a very long time on uneven surfaces, it took a really long time for my balance to return after my surgery.
 
Four weeks today since my surgery. It was a long day as I was in hospital by 07:20am but didn’t go down to surgery till 3:45 pm. I got quite anxious towards the end of the waiting time that I would have my surgery cancelled. Apparently it almost was as the first case of the day had been more complicated and had taken much longer than expected. I am very grateful to be four weeks out and doing well. I feel that each day I’m a little more mobile and have a bit more energy. I’m still having lazy starts and early nights and frequent spells resting with ice and elevation but I’m definitely starting to feel more normal.
 
Hello and Happy Wednesday!
There is enough anxiety involved in surgery let alone waiting 8+ hours for the actual procedure to begin. Wondering how many times you contemplated getting up and running away...well, likely not running, but walking out of the surgery site! :wink: I can only imagine the thoughts that went through your mind over all those hours. So sorry you had to endure that.

Hitting one week post op was the first milestone I set my sights on, the next was one month post op. There is something rewarding about having an entire month of progress and healing under your belt. I'm happy you're doing well, Toothfairy. Lazy starts and early nights are normal and okay at this point. All part of the healing process. Icing and elevation always help. Glad you're feeling more normal. Your future looks bright! :SUNsmile:

Extending anniversary wishes a couple days early. It's easier for me to go by day of the month, than to count weeks. HAPPY ONE MONTH ANNIVERSARY!
@Toothfairy
 
Six weeks now since my revision surgery. Week five was tough mentally as I struggled with feeling defeated by the whole thing despite doing well physically. Thankfully that has passed and I’m feeling much more back to normal. I’ve got much more energy and a renewed love of life. Today I drove for the first time. I took my husband with me as a back up but I was absolutely fine.
I’ve got a review with physio tomorrow and see the consultant next week. I’m very pleased with my progress. I can go up and down stairs relatively normally and can do forward and backward rotations on my exercise bike.
I got a letter from the consultant saying he was confident I didn’t have an infection so all in all good news. :)
 
Yay! So happy to read this update, @Toothfairy. This recovery is always a roller coaster ride, so it's great to read that you are feeling so much better after a rough week.

Driving is a big milestone. Great news about no infection, too!

Please give us another update after you see the consultant next week.
 
Such great news, Toothfairy! No Infection...woohoo!
Glad you're doing better physically and mentally. Regaining your independence behind the wheel again is a good feeling. Best Wishes for your review with the Physic tomorrow and your appointment with the consultant next week. Let us know how it goes. :wave:
@Toothfairy
 
This is wonderful news, and I bet getting out to drive was a wonderful feeling too. There's just something about being 100% self-sufficient that gives the mood a huge boost. I'm glad there are no signs of infection, and it sounds like your range of motion is coming back quickly. That's awesome.
 
Eight weeks today since my revision surgery. Things are going really well. I am so very pleased that I had it done. I saw a specialist physiotherapist for a review last week and she was very positive about my progress. I’m walking well and she estimated my ROM at bend 125 and extension 0. I am very happy with that at this stage. I’m getting on well with the new exercise programme I was given at my second physio visit.
I saw the consultant for a review yesterday. He does not think there is any infection. My scar is healing well. He is pleased with the result too. I saw my post op x rays and they look great. My revision knee feels so strong and I am delighted with it. Such a relief.
He is arranging a CT scan to check out my right knee as it has some swelling and a lot of tenderness to see if it’s heading for a revision. It didn’t look to bad on x Ray but it will be interesting to see what the CT scan shows as my left knee looked ok in x Ray but very much worse on the scan.
Life is slowly getting more normal as I can do more. I’m getting good at knowing when to stop and rest too. Very few visits to the ODIC!
 
Thank you @mendogal I approached my revision surgery with some trepidation so I am just so happy it has worked out so well. I will be much less worried if I have to have a right knee revision although I am well aware that there are no guarantees it will be the same.
 
Great post- glad to hear it. Keep us posted on your other knee.
 
I saw the consultant for a review yesterday. He does not think there is any infection. My scar is healing well. He is pleased with the result too. I saw my post op x rays and they look great. My revision knee feels so strong and I am delighted with it. Such a relief.
This is wonderful news. I am happy for you that you're doing so well! It's good to know that you're respecting your limitations, especially since they're only temporary. Thanks for stopping by to share the uplifting reviews from the physiotherapist and consultant.
 
What fantastic news! You are coming along so well for such a short time out from your revision. What an inspiration to others coming up behind you!
 
Thank you. I had a lovely day out on Sunday with my grandaughters. I’m a bit more stiff after the extra travelling but apart from that everything is great. I’ve got a CT scan for my right knee tomorrow. I will get a follow up call from the consultant once he has the results.
 
Best Wishes for your CT scan tomorrow. Good to read that you're our enjoying life and spending time with your granddaughters. Thanks for the update!
@Toothfairy
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom