Revision TKR Left, right, left again

Happy Seven Month Anniversary, Toothfairy!
Thanks for stopping by with the good news. I'm happy to hear your doing so well after the revision.
I hope you have a lovely Spring 2025. :flwrysmile:
@Toothfairy
 
A quick update.
Overall I am delighted with my progress. I saw the consultant again a few weeks ago and he was very pleased. Said I had ‘made remarkable progress after a complicated revision’ He had no concerns. I don’t have quite as much bend with this knee compared to my right but I am quite sure this is due to the remaining swelling.
My revised knee still swells a bit and definitely lets me know if I’ve overdone things. It gets quite stiff if I sit too long and can get a bit stiff and tender when I’m sleeping.
It’s just coming up to 10 months now. I can do everything I need to get on with my life. I am so happy with the result and am confident it will continue to improve for many months to come
 
Thank you for your update @Toothfairy !

Yes the stiffness with prolonged sitting can slowly fade after the first year.

I'm so glad you've already reached the getting-on-with-life phase. Onward and upward you go!
 
This is great to hear, @Toothfairy. I’m also glad to read that you understand that a complete recovery can take a year or more. This is especially true for a complex revision. You’ve done a good job so far and I’m betting that things will be even better in the coming year.
 
Thank you @Jamie I can’t thank Bonesmart enough for all the information and support and for all the sage advice. Even on my third time round this circuit it’s great to have that extra support and reassurance whenever doubt creeps in. I know that I will keep improving for quite some time. . I feel so very lucky to have had such great results in all three surgeries.
 
Last edited:
I’m so glad we’ve been a good resource for you. Sometimes it does help to have the reassurance that you’re okay, even if you’ve been through a procedure before and know the ropes. We all have doubts and concerns now and then. Posts like yours just make our day!
 
Hello Toothfairy,
Thanks for stopping by! We certainly appreciate your kind and thoughtful feedback in regard to the forum.
What a positive and uplifting report. I'm happy for you that you're doing so well and to read that your surgeon is pleased with your progress. Only five weeks until your one year anniversary. Wishing you a Happy One Year Anniversary now, in case we don't hear from you again for awhile. Until next time, all the best! :)
@Toothfairy
 
Another update. I have been back on my exercise bike daily for the past three weeks. I struggled to get a full rotation forward at first and had to rock back and forward. It was quite tender. I started off with short sessions and have built up. The tenderness has almost gone. I can now often go forwards right away and best of all the swelling I had has gone. My knee now looks like a knee again. I’ve built up to a 30 minute session a day and feel so much better for it. Not sure if it will help others but it’s certainly helped me a lot. . Going away for a few days next week so I won’t be on my bike. I’ll be interested to see what happens. I will walk and keep mobile as much as I can.
 
Going away for a few days next week so I won’t be on my bike. I’ll be interested to see what happens. I will walk and keep mobile as much as I can.
I bet you'll do just fine. Walking the one of the best exercises you can do. After all, that is what our knees were created to do!
 
I’ve built up to a 30 minute session a day and feel so much better for it. Not sure if it will help others but it’s certainly helped me a lot.
A big congrats on this accomplishment! Your dedication and practice has payed off. Even if your getaway next week disrupts the great rhythm you have going, I'm betting you recover quickly once you're back home on the exercise bike. Safe travels and enjoy your time away from home. :)
 
It’s good to hear that you are realizing these benefits from the bike rides even at a year out from your revision. Bravo and keep it up!
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom