Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Left, right, left again

@Toothfairy
When we talk about focusing on functional progress rather than numbers, this is exactly what we mean - what a wonderful milestone!!!!
 
Your sensible recovery is serving you well! for being only 1/3 of the way through this yearlong surgery, you are doing quite well! the first time I rode my outside bike, I was thrilled, as I'm sure you were!
 
Five month anniversary of my revision today. :wow: How time flies. I’m delighted with my progress. I’m pretty much back to normal. My knee reminds me if I overdo it but I know the signs and it soon bounces back. It’s still a little tight but still early days so I’m not at all concerned. So grateful for my upgraded knee.
 
What a great update, Toothfairy. You are doing well for not even halfway through this yearlong healing! Listening to your knee has served you well!
 
@Toothfairy Thanks for the update! Great news all around. I am approaching a revision with trepidation and appreciate your posts!
Thank you @2chains I was absolutely dreading mine. I was convinced it would be awful. The first 48 hours were a bit rough but after that it’s been not much different from TKR 1and 2. Good luck.
 
I'm happy for you that you're doing so well, Toothfairy! Thanks for supporting the community through becoming an Insider and also for sharing your journey through TKR / Recovery and your revision. As you can see from the posts above, it's been an encouragement to others. I hope you'll stop by again soon. Wishing you all the best!
@Toothfairy
 
@Toothfairy! Your documentation of a good recovery from a knee revision will be so important for others to read. Thank you so much for taking time to do that and also for supporting BoneSmart through your Insiders Club membership. I am so pleased to read your latest reports and find that you are well on your way toward getting your life back again.
 
Thank you @Jamie and @Layla I have gained so much from bonesmart and I am happy to be able to help support others and to support Bonesmart. I was very anxious about having a revision and have found it tough but much easier than I anticipated and I am so pleased to be able to put it behind me and get on with my life! I really do feel very fortunate indeed. Thank you again to all that have supported me throughout the journey.
 
7 month post revision update.
Life is good. Pretty much back to normal now. My knee is occasionally a little stiff but I can get on with my normal life. Very grateful for the surgical expertise that I’ve had all three times.
My bend isn’t quite as good as the other knee but I’m very confident that this will come in time over the next year or so. . Feeling very fortunate.
 
What a great report. I’m betting you will continue to see ROM increases for quite a while as you get back to your normal activities. If you can incorporate it into your daily routine, some stretches for your leg and knee will be helpful. This can help with any stiffness as well.
 
7 month post revision update.
Life is good. Pretty much back to normal now. My knee is occasionally a little stiff but I can get on with my normal life. Very grateful for the surgical expertise that I’ve had all three times.
My bend isn’t quite as good as the other knee but I’m very confident that this will come in time over the next year or so. . Feeling very fortunate.

@Toothfairy Glad your doing ok you are getting on with your normal life. It's what we all dream of. Take care jcx
 
7 month post revision update.
Life is good. Pretty much back to normal now. My knee is occasionally a little stiff but I can get on with my normal life. Very grateful for the surgical expertise that I’ve had all three times.
My bend isn’t quite as good as the other knee but I’m very confident that this will come in time over the next year or so. . Feeling very fortunate.
Awesome news! So great to hear you are pretty much back to normal. What do you attribute to your success over the 7 months?
 
I think it’s a combination of an excellent surgeon, doing everything I was told to do before and after surgery, following bonesmart guidelines and a large measure of luck. I was reasonably fit and following a very healthy diet too. @2chains
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom