Guest viewing is limited

PKR Left Knee in

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PT said it was normal. It would make a noise while he massaged. He said having that sound from the replacement is ok, but not ok from natural knee.
 
Hey @jacs65 I just checked out your knee - it looks great!! I always wonder how they decide straight incision or a curved one!! I wonder what makes that decision...... Yours looks nicely healed!!! Congratulations!! :wow:
 
@jacs65 Your scar is great at only 5 weeks and mine is is a curved one just like yours! It took mine much longer to look as good as yours but now I think of it as a badge of honour!
 
Hey @jacs65 I just checked out your knee - it looks great!! I always wonder how they decide straight incision or a curved one!! I wonder what makes that decision...... Yours looks nicely healed!!! Congratulations!! :wow:
If you look through my thread you'll see my curvy scar. He used the scar from surgery I had when I was 16.

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
Yes, really pleased with it, maybe its the constant use of coconut oil I'm forever massaging into it. My physio encouraged me to massage across the scar as well as along it, seems to have helped.

A badge of honour indeed, think I would be disappointed if it disappeared completely haha. I saw somewhere someone had a zip tattoo over the scar, inventive!
[Bonesmart.org] Left Knee in


Yes why the curve scar? Is it a UK thing, although I have seen some curved from NZ and Australia but not so much from US?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Haha that made me laugh @JennyLynne. I visited my Aunt in Ontario when I was in my late 20's we had a little too much to drink one night and she talked me into a tattoo...I dislike it alot.
@iivesfam5 The knee one is quite tame, check out Google Images on other Zip Tattoos eeewwww!
 
I have no tattoos - the old conservative type I guess. There really is nothing I like enough to have it tattooed on me forever..... I guess that is the way I have always thought. Do you love a certain flower, saying, picture, enough to have it there forever? Nope!! And then when my kids were hitting teenage years - all I could think about was that skin of theirs that I creamed and powdered and took such care of. They never had sunburns, etc. because I was so careful (especially since I have had melanoma twice!!). How could they even consider doing that - well I guess it worked - none of them have a tattoo - or let me say this if they have one it isn't anywhere I can see - which is just fine by me!! LOLOL!!!
 
Your scar looks amazing! My knee looks worst than that now - before the surgery!!
 
I just took a peek at your scar pic.... WOW! My scar is still quite red. I had scabs until last week, so I only just recently have been able to put anything on it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi that is so interesting we had our knees done at same hospital yet mine is straight incision was yours full knee or partial. About appointments my first was 6 weeks and second at 12 weeks then next one is due anytime, I think you said your surgeon has moved from there so will you have follow up where he is now maybe it has caused confusion over appointments going out?


20/01/2015
 
Love the zip!
I've got two straight scars and one is British the other American.
Is it curved if it's patellofemoral? A friend of mine has a curved scar because the surgeon followed her very old arthroscopy scar - which was huge. Yours looks good.
 
No rhyme nor reason yet then. Might be how much vino was consumed the night before?
 
I didn't like my curvy scar at first but it healed well and is hardly visible at all after 8 months so by a year should be just a very fine line.
 
Beforehand, I thought a little about the scar, but I decided if the knee worked right and lasted a long time, I didn't care if it looked like he ravaged my leg with a chain saw to access the knee compartment (but I'm thankful it doesn't look that way).


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Curvy or straight - it is whatever makes the surgery easier for your surgeon. The curved incision goes around the kneecap, instead of directly over it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom