Guest viewing is limited

PKR Left Knee in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear you're home, with my first knee I really had little pain and was always waiting for it to maybe kick in but it didn't! My second one was a little different more pain, which took longer to control, but I'm happy to report, I'm just taking a couple of Tylonal twice a day and doing so go so far.... Everyone one is different, enjoy your weekend, don't over do it, rest & ice, it will be worth it in the end
 
@Angel1978 Thanks, I now have an aqua seal dressing on it so cannot check it for two weeks! Bruising is coming out a treat though. I love to ice, keeping rested is the biggest issue for me.

How are you doing since you TKREV and PKR?
P.S Prunes worked a treat :happydance:

Best Wishes
 
@Littlelady58 Thank you, still managing on paracetamol, diclofenac and lots of icing. Woke at 3am and generally dozed, main issue at night is sleeping position.

Have a great weekend too, its beautiful and sunny here, maybe sit outside for a bit as Vitamin D is great for healing I've heard :cool:
 
@Angel1978 Thanks, I now have an aqua seal dressing on it so cannot check it for two weeks! Bruising is coming out a treat though. I love to ice, keeping rested is the biggest issue for me.

How are you doing since you TKREV and PKR?
P.S Prunes worked a treat :happydance:

Best Wishes




Ick prunes yuck lol. I smelt one and tastes it I could not bring my self to eat it. Taste weird lol.

I never had a Aqua seal. I had island. U must have staples. I got lucky to get glue. Bad thing about glue. Is them internal stitches are annoying.

I'ce rest elevate I still do. It's feels good the I'ce. Lol after while it bugs me I have take it off.

Thanks for asking. I'm doing better since the rev. Each day is Lessss lessss pain. Whisk is good. . I can do steps and bends. But I admit it's still painful. The partial wow was scary. Easy recovery for almost 3 weeks them boom.


But on positive note. For almost 5 years I could not ride a bike with my kids. But know I know I can. Because I can ride stationary bike for 15 min. It fills real good.

Xxxxxxx happy healing to you. Soon your going be doing the things your knee would not allow you to do. **happy dance.**

Remember this. If it hurts don't do it. If they try push u to hard don't let them. Go at your own pace. Xxxxx




FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
By the way. U could probley take a pillow turn it side ways lay over the surgical leg. Or lay one under it and roll it over surgical leg. I did. But sleeping well. That is hard for a lot. I don't sleep good either. I may go to sleep. But start aching. So up ice pill and toss turn.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Angel1978 I will try the pillow trick tonight.

I didn't have staples just internal stitches, which are incredibly itchy :umm:
Great news that you can bike with the kiddies now, looking forward to getting on a stationary bike.
 
So good to hear that your recovery is going so well so far. Hope it continues this way. Did you have just the patellofemoral replacement? I know that sometimes the OS has to do a TKR once they open up the knee and see that it is in a worst state than they thought it would be.

How're you coping with stairs? Or are you living on one floor at the moment?

Saw my OS again today - had a lot of questions for him! Now up to me to decide when to have the surgery. Will be at the Spire Hospital in Bushey near Watford.

I will keep reading your thread with interest. Keep up the good work :flwrysmile:
 
I tell you at first it hurt. But then after a few peddles. It felt good. O internal. Wow itchy. Mine took and came to surface and ouch ouch. Like drove me crazy.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Raffs Thanks, yes seems to be going very well (she touches wood) yes just had Patellofemoral Replacement with something else that I can't remember. OS said rest of knee was in excellent condition.
Going up stairs is pretty good (with partner behind me) but coming down is a completely different story, definitely need Edward in front as knee gives way a little, but they are steep.
I am set up in the spare room at night, as I wake several times during the night and don't want to wake partner and he is worried about kicking my my knee
So living arrangements are exactly as before surgery apart from different bedrooms, but that does allow for me to sit up in the early hours and watch TV or read if I can't sleep.
If your knee is really bad I would book in asap, I over estimated every element of the surgery and post op and actually (so far) its all OK.
Good luck and keep me posted.
@Angel1978 at what point did you attempt cycling? My 'Joint Pathways' book states 3 months post op.:wow:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had partial in December. I couldn't. So in April when I went back for second pt. They man pt wanted me to try it. And I was scared. Did 3 min and work way up to 15 and it fills so good on me. Great movement. Some popping but it's normal they say.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@jacs65, are you able to get up and about on your own? I still need lots of help.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @JennyLynne Yes I can, and I am amazed that I am so mobile....it could come back and bite me!

Yesterday when I needed to put my 'bad' leg up or down on the cushions or bed, I put my good foot under 'bad' leg and manoeuvred it that way.

I have practiced quad push downs and heel slides etc and today I am able to move 'bad' leg slowly slowly down (up is much more difficult).
I walk around with two sticks every hour, then exercise, then ice, ice, ice. BUT I cannot do stairs without someone around me, and I am not able to do uneven ground.

It will come, carry on with all that has been advised on here and don't compare.

Wishing you lots of good wishes and positive vibes and hoping you can enjoy the rest of the weekend. Have you had lots of visitors? my folks, son and daughter coming tomorrow bringing lunch and dinner as my other half is at a VWCamper show.
 
Great news that you can bike with the kiddies now, looking forward to getting on a stationary bike.
When you are ready for the stationonary bike, set the saddle up higher than normal. It is OK to rock your hips around (cheating) and rock the pedal forward and backwards, too.
Many people's first revolution is backwards---they find it easier to go backwards as opposed to forwards in the early days of using the stationary bike.

Also---please set the bike's setting to "0"---no resistance at all.
 
@jacs65 that is awesome! Glad you feel so good!

Have only had 1 visitor. We don't live near our families or long time friends, but they have sent flowers and fruit bouquets and other goodies. The hard part is not having help- my husband has me and our 3 yr old to handle... He looks like he needs some pills too!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne Gifts are a wonderful lift in themselves. Your husband sounds like he's doing great, love the pills comment. My partner did not stop yesterday, not only looking after me but trying to get all the jobs done that he set himself, but he does have a day off today. How is your three year old, does he/she have enough understanding why Mum is not doing as much?

My activity came back and well and truly bit me last night, didn't sleep well at all due to the pain. Lesson learnt...slow down and be patient.

How are your nights at the moment?
 
How's it going? Hope all still going well?
 
@Raffs Hello, thanks for asking. Had the worst night to date last night. But I have myself to blame really, not enough rest and not enough drugs. So today taking them religiously by the clock, gentle exercises if pain allows and ice, ice, ice.

Have you had any more thoughts on your proposed surgery?
 
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get the pain under control today and have a better night. Are you feeling better than you were?

I think I'm going to go ahead. Need to sort out work and stuff so probably looking at end June or July. Am terrified but it needs to be done. Have started pre-op PT to get everything working as well as possible before surgery which should, hopefully, help with recovery a bit.
 
Hi @Raffs its a scary thought any surgary but in the end it's well worth it, I had my first night done Oct/14 &#2 April 21/15 I'm just starting to get around a bit more although it will be a few more weeks before I feel human again lol...by the time I was at 12weeks with my first one I feel pretty good. Although with my my fitness level is bad. I've been in so much pain for the past 2years I really have gotten out of shape, and that's what I'm looking forward to the most, can't wait to feel that zest for life again instead of getting through the day! At the moment at 4weeks I set myself little goals like I sit and sort some drawers out, I love to have a good purg of things, and I'm hoping to move soon so it will help with packing. I wish you all the best with your op when it happens..:flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom