THR Left 2013 - Now the right

Doug, you're doing so great....I am in awe! You are a true success story. It's so fun to read your posts because your joy just explodes from the screen! Keep posting photos....I love seeing all you're doing!!
 
I'm so jealous. I wish I could go.
Food bank is what you would expect. Giving out over 100 turkeys with fixings to needy families and all the generous folks in town have held their own canned food drives which means trucks of heavy boxes driving up every day. Hard not to overdo this week. All young college students home for the holidays so lots of work with no folks.
Pray for me. I'll cheer for you!:realing:
 
Wild man! You'll be right in your element.
Antelope, deer and elk...oh my!
Sounds like fun.....if I were a guy.
Hope you have a great time and a Happy Thanksgiving!
@dougie0216
 
Good afternoon everyone! Yesterday was 6-months. It was 6-months for @Cisne too. It did not even enter my mind until just before bed so I made a note to self to check-in today.
Our Thanksgiving gathering at the ranch was great. We had 17-people for thanksgiving dinner. In-laws, kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews and our great granddaughter in her mommy's belly.
I saw a ton of whitetail deer but didn't purchase an out-of-state tag. I like deer but one isn't worth $300! I sat in a blind a couple of times and went out on a stalk looking for exotics. Did not see any but I was able to walk through the woods and ravines with zero pain.
[Bonesmart.org] Left 2013 - Now the right

We also went fishing! I caught several bass and sunfish on my fly rod. More importantly, I helped granddaughter catch her first fish!
[Bonesmart.org] Left 2013 - Now the right

And when I had babysitting duty, I showed granddaughter and nephew 's son an alternate use of pool cue chalk:
[Bonesmart.org] Left 2013 - Now the right

We had a great time. It was so wonderful not having to limit activities due to arthritis!!!!

DW gets scoped this Tuesday. She is having her pectoral muscle reattached. It came loose sometime after her shoulder replacement surgery in April. Bummer.
We will be staying home Christmas, she will be immobilized for 3-weeks. Personally, after the pain-filled Xmas trip last year, I'm cool with it.

Life is good!
Doug
 
@Gone again I took the kids fishing 3-times. I forgot to take a selfie on a 4-wheeler, just as well. I played hard, cleared some brush and cooked dinner when it was my turn.... I was beat when we finally got home. But, my hip did not hurt:vespa:
I did come home with a cold, that was the only bummer.
 
Happy pictures, Dougie. All seems well, except for poor wife of course.
Grands are beautiful.
Aren't we blessed?
:goodpost:
 
What a crazy week! DW had her shoulder surgery on Tuesday. She had a complete, reverse right shoulder replacement back in April. At some point during her recovery, her right pectoral muscle came loose. So surgery was set for this past Tuesday to repair it.

We got the call Monday afternoon that surgery was at two so we slept in Tuesday morning. We didn't have to be there until noon...anyway I get in the shower after her and I hear the phone ring. I get out and the surgeons first surgery cancelled so surgery is now at one meaning we have to be 75 miles away in two hours and I'm dripping wet:gaah:

Anyway we shifted into overdrive and get her to the hospital at 1045. I spent the next 6-hours looking unsuccessfully for a comfortable chair while she was processed, prepped and then the surgeon went back into the same incision, put sutures in her pec, stretched it over and tacked it down. Her tendon was completely gone, there was nothing to work with.
Anyway, by the time she woke up, we got the Rx filled, got in the car, and got her some tacos because oxy gives her the munchies... We ended up stuck in a massive traffic jam. Waze said there were two accidents 15-miles in front of us on the freeway. I spent the next 45-min in bumper-to-bumper traffic with a very high wifey who was in pain and who was trusting her life to me, ack! No stress whatsoever. I'm not changing lanes cause that hurts.
We finally cleared the traffic , she fell asleep and I made the final 60-miles in under.... It's a tollway, all good.

I got her home, refilled the ice pack and got her into bed. I slept terrible. I got up the next morning and my hip had swollen:swoon:Glad I had taken two days off. My hip was swollen, up until this morning. It is to back down to normal and I'm not hurting.
So the chairs/stress/travel did not agree with my 6-month old hip.

DW is doing well. I've had the Iceman on her, been making sure she takes her meds trying to keep her elevated and stationary. She is also in the ODIT club. Sigh.

So it was a most interesting week. And I made cookies. Great therapy, making cookies. Laundry and dishes are also done. I have to work Mon -Thur and take Friday off to take her back to get her staples out. She has had 55-staples worth of incisions this year. :eeeuw:
 
Oh, dear me. Poor wife and poor you. Sounds stressful.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow that is quite the episode. Hope wife heals well and you don’t overwork your hip.
 
:scare:Oh my stars...how awful. I certainly hope wife is doing okay.
Gee Dougie, gotta say...you are one heck of a domestic godsend.
She is lucky you can get it done, but make sure you give yourself some down time too.
I hate traffic....and knowing your patience level , I'm guessing your blood pressure was through the roof.
Hope that is your last "adventure" of the year.
Good mojo coming your way!
 
Wow...it hurt to read that. Your poor wife!
When it rains it pours, so it seems.
Prayers for your wife's healing and a peaceful week for the two of you.
@dougie0216
 
Hope you are all on the mend now. A quiet holiday sounds great - that's what we're having too - a few orphans for Christmas dinner but everyone will chip in on prep.
Love to you and your dear wife!
 
Hope you are doing well...wishing you a late Merry Christmas...and an early Happy New Year:cheers:
 
We need a Dougie update!!
Hope your Christmas was nice. Feeling you've probably had your hands full taking
care of your wife. I hope she's recovering well. Ill bet she's waaaay more chill in her
recovery than you were, Wild One!
Warm wishes to you and Mrs Dougie for a happy healthy 2018!
@dougie0216
 
Hey @Layla I was going to post today and there you were. And Hello And Happy New Year to @Mojo333 and @labanan too.

Whew, December has been crazy. My wife's surgery went well, but her arm is immobilized and she is in pain. So all the decoration-taking-down, cooking, cleaning, laundry and even hair curling is being handled by moi. I can spray that stuff on her ends, clamp it in a curling iron and release with the best of us non-hairdressing spouses. I am so glad my shoulders are healthy. If much rather have a hip replaced.

My recovery is great. If say I'm at 95%. No pain or swelling. Last nite I put together our cat's Xmas present, a cat tree with two houses and three perches. When I was kneeling on the floor tightening a screw, my hip let out an awesome squeak. DW heard it across the room.

I'm riding my bike tomorrow during a break between spells of frozen precipitation and cold weather. I got a Pilates ball for Xmas so I have added more core exercises to my routine.

Back to work on Jan 02.
 
I built a thing. After putting away Xmas decorations, I built my kitteh's cat tree. This would have been out of the question last year!
Here is 'Jelly' modelling his new thing.
[Bonesmart.org] Left 2013 - Now the right

The little beasts have already destroyed the hanging mice that came with it...
 
That's a great cat condo. Cyclist, Carpenter, Hairdresser..
Jack of all trades.
Hope you have a happy new year, Dougie:)
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom