THR Left 2013 - Now the right

How awesome @dougie0216
You two look great......happy and content!
 
@Mojo333 She will be 5 tomorrow. I'll be 59 a week from tomorrow. Easy to remember her birthday.
And dinner tonight with DW, DS, DIL, granddaughter, grandson #1 and grandson's girlfriend who is soon to be the mother of our first great-grandchild only cost this hippy a smidge over $200 with the tip. Grandson #2 was at baseball practice, he wants to play college ball; so dinner with grandparents? Meh.
 
She is a doll. And it's really hard to believe you will be 59. Boy will it be fun to pick on you next year...:old:
 
Grandkids are the best. We're taking our 2 to the coast next week end. They are 11 & 9. It's a 8 hour drive so we'll see how I do at 66 days.
 
@Gone again Good luck with the trip. Get out and walk, often. I had to ice and elevate for 3-4hours yesterday because I was swollen and swelling=pain. I am glad I had pain pills left, I took one last night and Friday night.
We are off to the birthday party now, and have the 366mile trip back tomorrow am. Tuesday will be fun, I have to go to work.
 
OMS....hope you will take it easy...maybe wife can drive and you can unlax?
 
What a beautiful picture, @dougie0216 - you and your granddaughter. Enjoy the time with her. I hope it will get better for you with long-distance driving and no more soreness. But then again I've heard it could take up to 1 year until your restored entirely. The muscle has to grow strong again.
Lot's of happy day.
Constanze
 
Ahh what a lovely picture!! You are driving now, take care, and maybe rest for a week when you get back! Well, after work anyway...
 
Happy Day 82! We made it back from our trip yesterday afternoon. While my better-half napped I managed to drive 197 miles or over halfway. I felt great, just a little swelling. No hip issues today. It is great to be able to go visit family again. We are making plans for our fall hunting trip and Christmas and going to see a Dallas Stars hockey game.
And even better, I get to ride my bicycle next weekend:) :-) (:
 
Yay for you two, made it home safely, none the worse for wear!

Those Dallas Stars originated from the great state of Mn which I hail from.
Hubby was a big fan and hated to see them leave. It's been a while though.....early 90's?

Isn't it great to think about making plans again because your not in pain and gimping around like you're 90?
The best feeling.....I'm so thankful!

Hope your week is good... @dougie0216
 
Happy Day 83! Got up and went to work. Came home and cooked dinner. Then the fun started. I did all of my stretching and core exercises, yoga and upper body weights.
Tomorrow is 12-weeks post surgery. I still have some small amount of swelling but no pain to speak of. T-9 days until I can ride my bicycle. I'm my way of thinking, I could ride right now, but I will be good.
 
Happy Day 84! 12-weeks in the books. I woke up at 4:37am, and my brain told me to get up and walk. So I walked 2-miles before work.
Little did I know that work was going to be beyond crazy. In hindsight the extra hour and a half of sleep would have been the better choice.
Oh well, T-8 days until bicycle.
 
Hello hippies. The full reality of being back at work full-time has set in. My birthday is Sunday so we went to dinner tonight. That is a good thing because I had zero energy to do any PT after work. A 2-hr meeting at 2pm on Friday afternoon pretty much killed-off any energy I had. That is why there is the weekend.
I am saying I will walk 4miles tomorrow am, but reserve the right to quit after 3. If I feel good I will go 4. Gotta be in shape to ride the bike next weekend. If there are storms in the am I will do weights, resistance bands and yoga then walk Sunday am.
I will admit to being tired after work. I'm not there stamina-wise yet, but it isn't for lack of trying. It hasn't even been 3-mos yet. I need to moderate my expectations somewhat.
 
I'm with you with the energy drain and I'm at 4 months. Work is all I can manage during the week.
If I miss you tomorrow, HAPPY BIRTHDAY
 
@dougie0216 you are doing AWESOME!!! You are inspiring me so I better be careful - don't want to rejoin the ODIC!!!! Happy biking!
 
Yes....moderate your expectations! You've been a phenom! Cut yourself some slack.

Happy Birthday early in case I forget tomorrow, but if I don't.....I'll wish you Happy Birthday again!
After all it only comes around once a year and it's an important one @dougie0216 because it's the last time
it'll have a "5" as its first number! The big 6-0 is breathing down you're neck......BUT just like hip
replacement, It's not as bad as it sounds...haha.....I would know!
You're fun to kid, thankful for your sense of humor.
Have a good one...
 
@dougie0216, @Mojo333, @gwenc, Hello All. You are all so inspirational! Happy Birthday @dougie!
I take note of your comments on working and regaining stamina. Helps me to have realistic expectations as I return to work Monday. I graduated from PT yesterday and do think it helped me regain strength and flexibility. I requested a tube type resistance band to use at home. I will miss the Schwin Airdyn Bike they have in the gym there. Have a great weekend! I'm off to do errands.
 
@dougie0216 Happy Monday,
I tell you what: Even a person who hasn't had surgery is tired after work.
Preserve your strength for the bike riding and enjoy it.
Yesterday, I had my second marathon after surgery. Finished it in 4 hours 3 minutes. That's 30 minutes better than last year at the same time. Things can improve - even after years. Yippiiiii!
Best wishes from Constanze
 
Sorry, big typing error.
That say 5 hours, 3 minutes :). So I did the same marathon last year in 5 hours, 33 minutes - I can't really do just over 4 hours, that would be overoptimistic, but still, I'm very pleased with the result.
Have a great time
Constanze
 
Hey.....you're overdue with an update.
Us mere mortals are waiting to hear what extraordinary things you've been up to.
Have you checked out @gaulsuerou ? She's out horseback and motorcycle riding and four wheeling!
Come on @dougie whatcha got.....I'm sure I'm not the only one missing your posts.
Hoping all is well!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom