THR Layla's Recovery

@Sunnyhippy - I hope you're safe! Sounds as though you may not experience the direct hit that was originally predicted. Nonetheless still dangerous.
@gwenc - sounds as though you're as prepared as you can be. Don't know if you're evacuating but
Sunny Hippy did as well as @GrannyC son did. @MyAussieGirl has family in Florida also.
This is so crazy to watch as it builds steam, dials back, changes course etc. so unpredictable!
Been watching coverage off and on all day. Stay safe! The country is watching and praying for you.
 
Hey @Layla I love the colors that's it on fall. Reds are my favorite. We have a bit of color already. If God kicked the water temp up to 80 and air temp to match with sun. I'd be all :spin::dancy::happydance:. Sadly um He didn't.
I think we all have butt pains. I think @GrannyC doesn't but me you mojo CPollock ...most not all but most of the posse. Take extra good care of YOU whilst I am gone :flwrysmile:
 
We all love your kind spirit, Layla.
I am glad you are doing well.
I have been a pain in the rear, I have a pain in my rear, and others have been a pain in my rear...
Covered on all counts:dubious:
 
Thank you @Mojo333 I am doing well and your kind words are touching.
I've never considered you to be a pain in the rear.....not yet, anyway Lol!
FAR from it.

I hope your power is restored soon and that you've been able to get some well
deserved rest in all of this. You need a months vacay after all you've been through.
Between the food bank and Irma somethings gotta give.
To better days......you know they're coming!
 
Thought about you a few times today @Mojo333
You mentioned the food bank would be busy. Is it mainly people looking for food after Irma
Or...donations coming in because of Irma, or both? I'm thinking the shelves must have been emptied
leading up to the hurricane hitting your area.......Not sure how it all works but thank God it's available
for those in need. Bet your day flew by.....hopefully your hips withstood it.
Wishing you a restful evening!
 
Not going to ruin the fact that I told Lola I am elated and grateful for my amazing recovery.
Only not today. All students been given all week off due to evacuation and monstrous return travel. So no help.
PR board members in full force, end result...many chiefs and no Indians. Then add politics of any organization, and, well suffice it to say, I'm forgetting today completely. I'm pretty sure I won jeapordy tonight. I'm smarter than I sound :loll:Please let me shout out to @birder as I am too zonked to navigate on this phone. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and glad to hear you are plugging along. Will get better and better.
Past my bedtime. :yawn:
Tomorrow will be a good day!
 
go sleepy-bye and I will play you a lullaby for it....sorry it was such a forgettable day, but maybe some of the chiefs learned a little lesson in cooperation?
And conga-rats on winning Jeopardy! I always forget to ask a question :snork:
Tomorrow definitely a better day!
 
@zauberflöte Oh my stars...I did forget to phrase it in question form.
So on top of everything else, I lost Jeapordy. Thanks for pointing that out.:skep:
And no one learned anything except how to power trip and get on facebook.
So many selfies snapping doing good works it makes me :sick:.
Sorry...foul mood. Trying to over it. I'm only faking it.....
Sorry @Layla. I derailed your thread.
Tomorrow will be a good day!
 
Dear @Mojo333 you are amazing doing what you do at that food bank. I never mentioned that I'm a volunteer director at a local hospital and I can't imagine all the carrying and lifting and physical work running a food back involves. What you do matters to so many people. But do take care of yourself. You have to be just exhausted. Wishing you a very restful night and a peaceful spirit.
 
Yes @birder I agree....Mojo's contribution with the food bank is amazing.
Sounds like lots of work, gratifying but also testing one's nerves at times.....I would imagine.
So how are you doing.....is you're recovery coming along as you'd hoped?
God bless your volunteer work at the hospital. How generous to give so freely of your time.
A great weekend to you!
 
@Layla Hello. Thanks for the kind words. All in all I think I'm doing well but as we know it's not a linear progression and we can have little temporary set backs mostly I think from overdoing things. I've noticed that since going back to work the end of August, I don't seem to cope with emotional and mental stress as well. I'm sure it has to do with the body still healing and I'm very tired at the end of the day. My 94 year old mother lives with me and although she does very well, I try to cook a nutritious meal for myself, my youngest son (age 29) and his fiancé that live with us. They do help out and do the grocery shopping and the clean-up and some nights if I'm too tired it's pizza! I'm still using my can and it seems to help with preventing soreness in the hip flexor and butt too! How are you doing?
 
Hi @birder
I'm happy to hear your doing well! Im doing well also, thanks for asking.
I'm sure we all have our little setbacks, or question why this or that area
feels "off" today. At least I do. I'm convinced it's all part of the healing process. I think of it as an "awareness" more than a pain. I agree also that it's probably from overdoing something, stretching a little too far, bending sloppily without first thinking about it etc.

Taking on work again so early into recovery, understandably necessary for many, has to be difficult. We're still in a state of healing / recovery, our bodies withstood a lot of trauma! I'm sure any emotional or mental stress your dealing with, or feelings of lack of control in those areas, is directly related to PTLB or Post Traumatic Leg Butchering...haha, just made that up obviously...but it fits! In all seriousness, I think you're 100% normal or I wouldn't joke about it. Give yourself a crazy name when you feeling out of sorts and just try to roll with it and remember - This Too Shall Pass.

It's admirable you've taken in your 94 yr old mother. All are not as generous or capable for a variety of reasons.
While it's very loving of you it has to be difficult at times also. You have a lot on your plate and I can see why you feel exhausted at the end of the day. Prayers for strength for you as you continue to heal.

Sending a hug and wishing you a great week!
 
So very sweet and kind of you, Denise.
Thanks for stopping by my thread.
I hope that your leg pain continues to decrease and that you have a great week!
@Brunhilda
 
Hi Layla!!! I have been missing in action but I will never ever forget all of your love and kind words during my recovery!! You are one awesome girl!!!hope you are doing well!! @Mojo333 i see Forum Advisor!!!!!---is that newsince I have been missing?? I cant remember and if so ...you sure we'll deserve it you were one of the most informative and caring friend to me ..!! Love & Hugs to all of you !!!
 
Well hello @Donnarita You've been away for awhile!
I am doing well and I thank you for your very kind words. I can say the same about you as you encouraged me from very early on in my recovery. It was not forgotten and very much appreciated.

Yes, @Mojo333 as a Forum Advisor is a great choice......love her!
She adds a lot to the forum in her own, unique style.

How are you doing Donnarita? I hope all is well with your recovery and in your world.
Please let us know and don't be such a stranger. I've missed you.....

Sending a hug and wishes for a great day.
 
Back
Top Bottom