Guest viewing is limited

THR Layla's Recovery

@Layla You should call now to change your appt so they are less apt to say they don't have any openings sooner. Maybe make it for the very end of Sept. it will be good for you to put this concern about the swelling behind you. Enjoy your day!
 
Great idea @GrannyC
I'm going to try that right now. Have a feeling I won't have any luck though because they've already moved my appt up a couple days once before due to my OS not being available for the date they originally scheduled me for.
I did talk to a PA again yesterday......just thought I'd check because I realize I never got their opinion either time on how long swelling can last. Yesterday she said up to 3 months. That is a bit contrary to some of what I've heard on here. She suggested compression in the form of an Ace bandage as I ice for an hour a couple times a day. Also getting out on longer walks in addition to my daily activity around and out of the home.

Hope you're well and enjoying the final days of Summer!
 
I will be curious what they say. If you haven't called already, you could say OS said to have recheck in 3 mos and this appt is longer than that. Then since you have the swelling issue, you would really like to move it up a couple weeks to the 3 mos time frame so you can find out what is going on.

@Layla All in all though, I think you have had a great recovery without too many issues. Isn't it great to be able to walk around at home or in the store without all that pain? I am constantly amazed by it!
 
I was able to change my appt to the 24th of September.
Who knows, maybe it will be gone by then. If I'd just discipline myself to ice on a regular basis and walk on my treadmill or outside, it would probably be history already. @GrannyC and @MyAussieGirl.
It's not even visible.....really, it just annoys me and my knee is still bruised a tiny bit. I think my poor knee took a real beating when he dislocated my hip.
Wishing you both a good night!
 
Fantastic on the appt change. I'm sure he will probably tell you not to be concerned but it will be good to just hear him say that for your own peace of mind. Since your knee is a bit bruised, too, you are probably right - that area took a beating. It's a good thing we are asleep when they do all that to us :tantrum:
 
I was bruised for eons @Layla . I was actually bruised all up and down my leg like a line. I didn't sweat it but it looked icky at the beach for a while. Glad they moved your date up
 
The State of Texas would like to thank the great state of Minnesota for the Stars and Mike Modano. I was a Red Wings fan then I happened to see a Stars telecast in 94 or 95. They won me over. Tell your husband thank you. I go to one game a year, and the last two years both games were against the Minnesota Wild. The Wild won both times...
Ice, Ice and Ice some more. I am about to ice right now.
 
Bye, bye Minnesota North Stars
Hello, Dallas Stars
Rock on, Minnesota Wild!
Ice, ice baby....right?
I'm not even a hockey fan.....who am I trying to kid lol!
Enjoy the rest of your week! @dougie0216
 
I will. We told our lawn service that we no longer needed their services. I will be firing up the riding mower this weekend. Mowing is so Zen. I have missed my mower. I am one of those sick people who enjoys yard work.
 
I've never been on a riding lawn mower but that was something my husband enjoyed in the past also.
He left the craziness of real estate behind him after many years for the solitude of operating farm equipment, quite the career switch! He finds farmimg Zen after years of the daily face to face in the business word.

I'm sure the sense of accomplishment you get after mowing coupled with the relaxation, outdoor air and scent of fresh cut gas all contribute to the fulfillment you feel. Hard to beat the great outdoors!

A great day to you @dougie0216
 
I actually sing green acres while riding around on my John Deere. The lawn service we had...they just didn't make it look right.
 
I'm picturing that.....you on the John Deere singing Green Acres theme song, having fun, loving life!
TV was great back then, wasn't it? Long before reality tv monopolized the airwaves...
Green Acres, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Batman, Gillian's Island, The Addams Family,
Beverly Hillbillies, Leave it To Beaver....the list goes on!
Wishing you a great weekend @dougie0216
 
@Layla my wife and I can do a duet to green acres. I also do a mean Mr Haney immitation. You have a good weekend!
 
Hi Layla. Hope you have been doing well. Some of the old shows were super great, then some supper creepy ones.
Do you remember Mary Hartman Mary Hartman
Also, I ran up on one of our old kid shows on a retro TV station--HR Pufinstuff. Super creepy...I also am old enough to remember Romper Room...but that woman never saw Jodi in her magic mirror and she always saw my brother and sister...
Pretty sure that scarred me for life
 
I notice no designations under or names now except thread starter in own threads.
Guess still working on getting the bus out since reboot.
 
Haha!
I do remember those shows @Mojo333
I didn't like Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.....totally weird. It was on at a really unusual time also,
like 10:00 pm which is news time here.

HR Pufinstuff, whose your friend when things get rough? No thanks......I'm good! Lol!

I forgot about the Magic Mirror on Romper Room! She'd look and say "I see Tammy, I see Susie" etc
Naturally you waited to hear your name. I remember that and I did hear mine.
Your feelings remind me of my daughters who could never find her name at gift shops.
You know....on a pencil, or a pin or anything else they engrave names into to make a buck.
Oh it's fun to walk down memory lane!

Wishing you a great day!
 
Back
Top Bottom