THR Layla's Recovery

No doubt baby doll. Wet are gonna get you through this next surgery then you will no valid excuse to be such a weirdo. Love you MySoontoBe double hippy Aussie nut. ...cashew.
Geseundheit.
 
Maybe...you feel more nervous because of all the intestinal issues you suffered last time?
If that's the reason, possibly the new gastro that you seem to like can help ward that off.
You have good docs, you have hubby, you have the new sofa, you have US! There's nothing to
be afraid of MAG. We'll be here to cheer you up and on the entire way.

Some heat is coming today. Going to be 83 here. You usually get our weather the next day so I see some
:swim::swim: in your future.
Wishing you a great day!
@MyAussieGirl
 
Hee hee, I said we are finally getting some cooler weather ...it was only 86 for high today. That's funny.
@MyAussieGirl is gonna be fine as frog hair and slick as snail snot.
Hey, I'm sympathizing. Two at a time was rough, ain't gonna lie but have to make you anxious doing it again. By Christmas we will all be feeling SO grateful.
Hope you had a good day Layla
 
Last edited:
I agree Princess @Mojo333 I think we will be happy or happier in December. Right now waiting AGAIN to have major surgery not even 6 months out has me not feeling so slick as snail snot lol but on the 14th I may just be all yrahhhh. @Layla sorry to high Jack your thread...how you doing now that granddaughter isn't around much?
 
Doing great @MyAussieGirl, thanks for asking. Leaving soon to meet my dad for breakfast and
then on to visit some old elderly friends. Should be a good day......hope yours is too!

My granddaughter lives about 7 minutes away so I still see her often, just not all day, 5 days a week,
which can be a challenge some days. It's hard on the days when I feel 60 as opposed to 28, the age I was when my granddaughters mommy, was 9...haha! BIG difference!
 
Sweet pea aka @Layla I missed a post above let me address it sorry. No it's not the gastro gig. I know... I know you'll be all "that girl is whack" but my husband would tell you.... I get these like intuition like feeling most of the time I'm dead on. I just don't feel good about this one. I don't know yet specifically why but a vague unease about this. My first one....you would not have known me, I was ONLY afraid/anxiety IN the hospital just minutes before. If you're ever bored and have time not my tude even when I joined the site 4 days after surgery bored.....not tense or boo hooing on pain ...bored. Then lol constipated lol

Oh way cool you're so close to your granddaughter I worried on her going to school and you missing her
 
@Layla I will have a great weekend. You have a good weekend yourself.
Cycling is an excuse to have cave-time as much as it for physical fitness. Some weeks it seems there is no quiet time. If I commit to a distance event on a certain date, 'then I have to train.' It is also a convenient excuse to see my friends.
So cycling is not only for physical fitness, it is a mini-mental health break. In groups, we rarely ride so fast that we can't talk. I enjoy riding with my older friends, they have great stories.
Although in 2016 we rode a 25-mile race on my birthday. There was this hill that was 3-miles long. Our heart rates were up over 165 and we maybe didn't talk for 10-minutes or so. I said to my friend, you aren't talking much, and he said nope. So, occasionally on race day we don't talk, but the rest of the time it is like happy hour. We cuss going up hills.
Both groups I usually ride with, rode either a 40 or 50-miler this past week. I have some serious catching up to do.
I'm glad I live in the country, I don't have to travel somewhere to ride safely.
 
Hey @GrannyC
How are you doing lately? Thinking about you this morning and your common sense wisdom, not heard a lot from you lately. I'll bet you've been busy sewing and gardening and taking care of home. Just living the pain free life, the common goal we all shared! Well.. maybe not completely pain free as we all probably have other little kinks.
At least I do lol!

Did you have a nice holiday weekend? We did a little grillin and lots of chillin around here. Nothing too exciting. The weather is very Fall like here today and the Maples are beginning to turn. Love it at peak! BUT don't like what comes afterward. I'm thinking you, MAG and I share similar weather. I don't like extreme heat, nor AC but I use it and don't think I'll need it this week....Yay! Windows open, fresh breeze blowing....love it!
Wishing you a nice rest of the week!
 
Sadly, I think Summer is fading fast @MyAussieGirl
I think you'll get the pretty Fall colors soon. Not sure about the swimming though.
Looks like we're going to have a couple of days over the weekend barely pushing 80.
Not sure what you'll get though. I'll bet you'll love looking at the pretty trees though as you recover.
You and Saint can go for car rides maybe and look at all the beautiful Fall colors! I love to do that.
Reds / Maples are my favorite!
 
I'm doing very well @Layla . Thank you for asking. I honestly feel totally recovered and have for well over a month it seems although I'm sure there must be some internal healing going on for a bit yet. This whole procedure has never ceased to amaze me and I thank the Lord for leading me to a fantastic OS who took away all that OA pain. I think every time I go to the store I stop and think how wonderful it is not to feel some pain with every step. Amazing really!! I do still have a small area around incision that is a little numb but it seems like nothing. It will probably eventually go away but if not, that is fine. Important thing is that I don't have pain and my leg feels so normal. Have no feeling of that metal piece placed in there. Keep in mind though that I am 4+ months out so I probably should feel quite "normal" (whatever normal is?).

Growing up my dad always hunted and then my husband hunts although not so much the last few years. So I have always eaten the rabbits, squirrels, deer. Some are not so good but that is the way it goes, especially when we were growing up and didn't always have much money. Deer vary a lot opinion taste, depending on where they are. My husband used to hunt in the Adirondacks and there they are quite games and not as good. We used meat in things like stews or meatloaf to help hide taste. Where we live now it is farm country so deer live on corn and taste almost exactly like beef. Steaks are so tender and hamb is like store bought burger. Quite a difference.

Your favorite time of year seems to be here to stay. I live a few states east of you so we get similar weather. @MyAussieGirl lives in between so I understand why she isn't thinking swimming.

Thanks for thinking of me and I hope you continue to do well. Is the swelling going down at all yet? It's good you have an upcoming dr appt so if it is still there, you can talk to the dr about it. Have a fantastic week!
 
@Layla just peeking in to say hi, horrified that your leaves are turning already! But that's what you know, so it's normal, and I lived in Vermont for 3 years so learned that particular rhythm of seasons too.

Besides the knee swelling, how's your hip?

and @GrannyC if you feel this good at 4 months, make a long journal entry about it-- and then read it at 8 months and 12 months! It just keeps on getting better! My first one was better at two years than at one, and I made improvements during the fourth year too!
 
@Layla ...hope you're having a good week. All is Hurricane Irma here. Food bank staging supplies..people buying up all gas and water. We are about 60 miles from coast so not too worried. Bad wins kill our power as we have huge trees everywhere here in town.
Hope you are feeling better every day.
Good idea @GrannyC from Zauberflote. You are truly a great hip replacement recovery model which will be ever so helpful for nervous gotta-bes.
Sleep well Layla.:sleep:
 
Hi @GrannyC
It's great to hear you're doing so well. I agree with you and am so thankful to the Lord myself to be rid of the dreaded pain. I especially appreciate the change getting in and out of the car. That was the worst groin pain I'd experience. You're a couple months ahead of me but I too still have a little numbness on one side of my scar. Would never notice except when I rub cream over my incision area.

That little bit of swelling I have is stubborn and seems to want to stick around. I'm bad though too, I haven't been icing at all. I'll talk to the OS in a few weeks when I see him at my second post op appt.

My dad was a hunter also. Not so much anymore. He mainly hunted ducks which I liked and would eat when I was younger. My mom would cook them on the grill. I don't care for it anymore. My taste has changed. I've never tried squirrel or rabbit but Venison many times. Early on in our marriage I ate it on ocassion and didn't mind it but grew to dislike it. Now I pretty much don't eat any of what my husband hunts. Hubby has a hunting place on some land we own and it's fully equipped, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom. He cleans and stores all his wild game there. Ocassionally he and some freinds will get together there and cook up different wild game recipes while watching football and having a few beers. This is fine with me because I've found one too many dead furry frozen things in our home freezer over the years, that would scare the daylights out of me and make me scream!!! I finally put my foot down, haha!! So now it's all cleaned and stored in the freezer at the Man Cave.

I do think Fall has arrived. The leaves are definitely changing and temps cooling down. Although it will near 80 this weekend, not shocking or uncommon. The weather is kind of unpredictable through October. Feels like Summer one day, Fall the next. Before you know it the snow will be flying......OH NO!!! That is my least favorite time of year.

It was sure nice visiting with you and I wish you continued healing. Although it sounds as though you're doing so well! Wishing you a great rest of the week!
 
@GrannyC if you feel this good at 4 months, make a long journal entry about it-- and then read it at 8 months and 12 months! It just keeps on getting better! My first one was better at two years than at one, and I made improvements during the fourth year too!

@zauberflöte That is EXACTLY what my OS told me at my last check. In fact he mentioned several times that it just keeps,getting better. I'm very happy with the way it is now but will gladly accept more improvement. One of the huge things I've noticed besides the lack of pain is more energy. I hadn't realized how tired I was getting before surgery and now I just overall feel better.
 
I chalk you up as well @GrannyC as you don't post anything on issues in your thread I don't worry on you anymore ...you be well Missy
:flwrysmile:
 
Thank you @Mojo333 I am having a good week. Temps cooling down to just where I like them, leaves on the trees beginning to change.

I would imagine you are swamped at the food bank! I would assume there is a lot of panic and hysteria that accompanys a weather event such as a hurricane. Since we don't have them in the Upper-Midwest, it's hard to imagine something that causes such serious devastation. I did experience some of the prep that happens before a hurricane many years ago while my husband and I were vacationing on Cape Cod. Windows being taped and boarded up, people fleeing the Cape, bumper to bumper. We stayed. We experienced high winds and lots of rain and did witness some of the aftermath. Lots of clean up!!

I suppose at 60 miles from the coast you can still experience some serious effects. Stay safe, Mojo!

Love the work you're involved in. While I'm sure you're wiped out at the end of many days it has to be gratifying
knowing you've helped provide the less fortunate with one of life's main necessities.

Hoping you're getting the rest you need in all of this and that you have a relaxing weekend!
 
Oh....I've done some whining @MyAussieGirl
I just feel pretty darned good so I don't like to complain.
When I read some of the things people are going through in this forum
I'm thankful for how I feel. While that nasty OA pain is gone I'm still
in recovery myself at 10 weeks out. But I'm assuming I will continue to
improve weekly as those who are further along remind us.

We'll check in on @froggymom next week as well as the other two you
mentioned somewhere.....I need to look back. Maybe you can send
us a row of little peeps twirling, dancing, standing on their heads etc
and we'll know you're doing okay!

Sleep well.....sweet dreams!
 
Back
Top Bottom