THR Layla's Recovery

Ya missed it at BB&W @Layla one day they had the 3 dollar plug in things and I had a coupon for a free one nothing needed to be purchased ....the next in my email but I got notice of 12.50 candles and tada a 10 off 30 coupon .... yeahhhhh. I got Almond, Pumpkin Cupcake and some other food scent with Waffles in the name. My biggest coo was near Christmas I stood in pain for 2 freaking be hours but the candles were 850 and I got like lol 8 plus 10 off and 20per cent off that. I um LOVE that place lol I have bags of stuff upstairs downstairs...in closets lol.

Your weekend so far sounded really nice ...tons of family how nice. Minus the dishes they ought to have done them AND painted your Toesies :dancy:

@zauberflöte la loon I would not blow away lol. Here the water is 68-72 max add a wind and I'd be a ice berg:giggle:
 
You're right about the paper plates, one day I'll learn. We have a dishwasher but I never use it! It's just my husband and I now and I'd either run it daily with barely anything in it or wait days until it's full. I end up washing dishes by hand all the time, it's become habit. Just last week I gave my daughter a big container of those dishwasher soap pellets because I hadn't touched them in months! My kids offered to do the dishes and I told them No, let's just visit instead. I don't always get them all here at once.

Awesome you're able to keep up with your wife step for step. Your recovery is going great!

I do still have the swelling behind the knee on the surgical leg. It's minimal, undetectable to anyone I ask about it. I don't ice and elevate enough. I think this week I'm going to aim for an icing and elevating program, along with upping my water intake and going for longer walks. If it doesn't start dissipating I may check in with my doc again. I have twice, in person both times and there was no concern either time. It would be nice for it to leave but at 6 1/2 weeks I don't know that it's that unusual?

Wishing you a great day and a tolerable upcoming work week. @dougie0216
 
It's my fault I missed it @ Bath and Body Works. I give my email address and then I end up unsubscribing because like everyone else, I get tired of my inbox full of that stuff. Same with them asking for my phone number at the register. I don't give it out anymore. They don't need it, what next......our blood type, haha!
Yep, best candles around in my opinion, they burn all the way down, no tunneling and they seem to throw scent well also. But I won't pay $22 per candle. So I stock up, like you, when they're on sale.

You and I can bring all our excess candles on the boat @MyAussieGirl then the boat won't smell for sure!!

I'm thinking it may be a little rainy here today. The days have been a bit cooler but I know we'll still get some heat......great for you so you can continue to swim.

Wishing you a great day!
 
Quick tip to avoid all the junk mail @Layla . I use a one account just for shopping. I mostly ignore it, until I'm going to shop. Then I scan for sales/discounts, etc. I have another acct for important personal emails, another for work and one that I created just for bonesmart. It sounds more complicated to keep track of than it is... at least that's true so far.
 
@MyAussieGirl 70 degree water is practically bath water!!! (if you're used to Cape Cod...) and the wind she always blow by the water, that's what towels and hot cocoa and hot showers are for!

@dougie0216 wow a shoppin' husband! I am the one who doesn't do brick-n-mortar, even at Christmas any more. I never really found it fun, as I'd get disappointed too soon. Love me some internet, though!

@Layla I know your knee swelling must be irritating, and I'm sorry it's still dogging you. Do I recall your PT telling you that you could massage it towards the heart? I wonder if the PT can use some "KT tape", kinesiology tape, for that? I don't even know if it's appropriate to the situation, but I remember seeing mine using some on a TKR person who had an enormous swollen knee.

F Y'all's I if there are candles on our cruise, I get the cabin farthest forward, and we may have t designate a non-odorous room LOLOL. That kind of stuff gives me massive headaches!

@313Lola I do exactly the same thing with emails!!!! GMTA!
 
Thanks, @zauberflöte
It's just a minor annoyance right now. Naturally I prefer it would go away, but guess I need to be more patient.
It was a nurse from the surgery center who checked in once a week for the first month post op that suggested I try massaging it toward my heart. I have....but possibly not as often as I should?

I quit PT after 3-4 times and could go another 8x if I wish. I'm babysitting my granddaughter after having the month of July off after surgery and will watch her through this upcoming week, until school starts a week from tomorrow. I figured I could go back to PT at that time, if I feel like working on something.

I am not familiar with KT tape. Something I pondered though was acupuncture? I've only experienced it a couple times in my life and that was probably 35 yrs ago. Wondering if that would clear it out......
 
Hmmmm @Layla I didn't think of acupuncture. I don't know alot about it except that my son swears by it...go for it and report back!
How is the babysitting coming? Are you counting hours until school starts, or wishing she'd never go to school?
 
I might look into acupuncture, haven't quite decided yet.

I have mixed emotions of my granddaughter going back to school. It will be nice to get back into my normal routine. But I do miss her, especially the first few days. I've been known to shed a silent tear when I imagine her at her little desk doing her schoolwork. It's fleeting though as I quickly settle back into my own schedule.
She's going to be playing soccer soon so my hubby (grandpa) likes to buy her what she needs for soccer each year and I'm sure a lunch date for the two of them will be involved. That will free up one day for me this week also.

Were you able to play your flute this weekend at church? Hope so since it's obviously a great love of yours. The sound is enjoyable if I do say so myself. The only time I really hear it is at a Renaissance Festival, soon upcoming near me. I know people either love or hate Ren Fairs and I mean no insult to you in saying it's the only place I hear the flute. We have one of the larger ones in the country, so I've read, and with Fall being my favorite time of year I love spending an afternoon there annually if I can. Good eats and lots of laughs at some of those bawdy characters.

I hope your recovery is coming along without incident @zauberflöte and wish you a great day!
 
@Layla thanks for asking! I didn't-- it was yet another slow and logey morning. That's ok, there are many more opportunities in the future!

I've never been to a Ren Faire! I'm glad you get to hear a flute or two there-- it has been a popular instrument through the ages. We have a wonderful folk music festival, which I also haven't been to, but keep saying I'll volunteer at. Our favorite fall event is the State Fair-- I'm about to not only buy tix, but to pay for VIP parking so I don't wear myself out walking a mile across grassy bumpy fields to even get to the fun! We also get good eats, naturally Two state universities have "competing" food stands. One is grilled chicken and baked potatoes, the other is fried catfish and hushpuppies. It is a very difficult choice if you are only going to eat one big meal AND have the little cider donuts and all the other fair food (no deep fried pickles or any such thing for me, thanks...)
 
Awww you're gonna miss your granddaughter ... I loved school hopefully she will too.. I like Grandpa granddaughter days... sweet
 
Hey @zauberflöte @Mojo333 @MyAussieGirl @313Lola @cpollock @dougie0216 @GrannyC
@Gone again @gwenc @gaulsuerou and anyone else reading this.......

Irish Joe was looking for some peeps to hop on over to Knee Replacement Pre-Op to send some love and well wishes to -froggymom-
who is having surgery in the morning and has had a rough time. It's still early enough in California to show her some support for any who see this and are interested.

Not sure about multiple tags but offering support is one of the main reasons for this site, right?
 
I'm a friend of da frogs I been there I didn't get to the net today till about half an hour ago she's the first place I looked but thanks for the heads up anyhow
 
@Layla I happened to stop by your thread and saw the request to post where you tagged a bunch of us. Luckily I did see it in time to add my post but I just wanted to let you know the tag didn't go through. I'm wondering if maybe you need a comma between the names or maybe a comma and a space?? I'm really not sure but just putting them one after the other didn't seem to work, at least for me. I was glad to see that post though as I seldom go to the knee forum - at least not yet, although I should as they need support, too. I think I will visit more when/if I need my knees done.
 
Thanks for letting me know @GrannyC
I may recall reading somewhere we're to avoid multiple tagging?
I never visit the knee forum either but I guess we can still offer support?
In reading froggymom's thread she's been through a lot.
Her list of procedures is lengthy. Still unbelievable how she was turned away today.
Hard to imagine preparing yourself mentally and physically for surgery only to be
sent home.....and the poor guy who they needed to tend to......sure hope he's ok!
A great day to you tomorrow!
 
I hadn't read her thread today so will check it in the morning to catch up on that devastating news and offer support. It's too late now and I'm ready to call it a day. Thanks for mentioning that. A great day to you as well.
 
Found the thread after some navigating. The updates seem to have upset the system as it is a bit difficult to get around without trying a couple different ways.
 
@GrannyC I am hoping they will come through again and fix things to work better. I've found that so long as I stay in, say, Hip Recovery, I can navigate from thread to thread by clicking on "hip replacement recovery area" up there at the end of the arrow shaped things.

We will just have to break it in and warm it up, won't we? And look at some of our new smilies! :rolleyes: I LOVE that one!
 
Back
Top Bottom