THR Layla's Recovery

I accidentally called MAG s poor beloved gone to heaven pup dry and y'all people just can't let it go.
Y'all so dry, I just want to cry.:boohoo:
Oh my stars what we do to amuse ourselves.
 
@Mojo333
Yes, as @zauberflöte wondered.....any progress?
Hopefully your sis is doing well and will be released soon...
Don't recall who said it, maybe you Mojo but there's been way too much hospital talk lately.
We need everyone to be well.....said as she stomps her foot!
 
In good spirits, thank you. I hope I cheered her up.
They are doing really intense wound care -I'll forego the details, suffice it to say I don't think I could do it. IV antibiotics.
Hope it can heal.
Me and the real MoJo...my shih tzu are gonna float on a float in the pond in about ten minutes.
Medicine for the soul .
 
@Layla I think you are spot on about kids and devices. I tell the grandkids that devices make you stupid. I can't even remember my wife phone number with these smart phones. I was in line at a fast food place not to long ago when there computers went down. They couldn't even make change it was sad but also hysterical to watch. I've also bad about iceing. Did it religiously first few weeks. Now hardly at all.
 
Hi Cheryl @cpollock
No, the swelling is still there, wants to stay a while longer I guess. Otherwise I feel pretty good.
I've been on a mission regaining control of my messy house. Fell by the wayside in my recovery.
Made great headway today so I'm very happy about that! Just taking a break on BS before I shower and call it a day. Hope all is well with you and that you're still enjoying Noah's company.
A great night to you!
 
I hope your cleaning included a few minutes to ice here and there.

A month ago give or take I had to call my PA I have her cell, my OS cell and nurses cell. Anyhow it was a Sunday I hated to bug her but my foot was a bit swollen. She told me for months expect odd things to shift and bruising etc ...much like you were told on knee. She also said ICE it. Funny thing was next day my dog dropped his bone on my foot
Then it hit me... Oh not surgery related dog is abusing me again.

In your case ice.

I did mean to mega clean today but ummm got shopping instead . Maybe tomorrow. I must clean clean clean and prep house for when I come back from surgery. I did get some groceries for then and scope time. Doc of gut will also help me better on post OP poop issues so good day here hope yours was too
 
Your granddaughter sounds precious and it definitely doesn't sound like she would be difficult to have around. When you said you were going to babysit, I worried maybe it was a 2 or 3 yr old and that might be tough keeping up with one that age. Your thoughts on the kids and devices mirror mine. My grandkids rarely ever take out a device when they are here. They love to play games so lots of games when they are around. Those spinners would drive me nuts I think if I had to watch very long!

It sounds like your recovery has moved along great! Don't get too obsessed with the house cleaning. It's nice like any of that dust or dirt will vanish unfortunately and all the cleaning will wait for you until you feel up to doing it. You definitely don't want to joint the ODIC right now @Layla .
 
Hi @GrannyC
My granddaughter is precious, thank you. If she wasn't as easy as she is I wouldn't have taken this on. My grandkids are 15, 9 and 4 yrs of age. A nice mix. Sweet daughter made me a grandma at 45 yrs of age (insert groan) Just Kidding....In all seriousness I've enjoyed every minute. As they say you can love on them, then send them home. Now the 4 yr old would have kept me on my toes. Definitely more energy there, haha!

The fidget spinners are annoying, they serve no purpose....and they collect them. As if one isn't enough!
I can tell she's bored with it already so that's a good thing. It's totally mindless. We do play some games too.
She likes Jenga and Jack Straws. We play a game together on my iPad ocassionly called Word Cookies, she likes that a lot. It gives you a bunch of jumbled letters and you have to form words, then win points. It's kind of addictive.

I'm definitely going easy on the cleaning. I'm taking my time and may have my granddaughter help me finish up tomorrow. She likes only certain aspects of cleaning so I'll give her a job I know she'll like. I only have her for two more weeks then she's off to school. I took her to Target last week, my first time at Target since surgery, and we bought her school supplies. Brought back memories of doing the same with my kids......remember those days?

I hope all is going well with you and your recovery. It sounds as though it is and that you stay pretty busy with your sewing, gardening and other activities. I don't plant vegetable gardens but always enjoyed container gardening / flowers. What type of gardening do you like? We have window boxes on our house and I didn't even bother planting in them this summer. They look sad, pathetic, lonely. I realized I wouldn't be able to care for them properly and can't count on hubby for that. I'd like to plant some Fall flowers in there but they just don't last long enough. I may just wait until close to Thanksgiving and fill them with spruce tops etc. They'll last awhile at least due to living in the frozen tundra! I've left them in the boxes until Spring in the past until they started blowing out and down the street like tumble weeds, haha!

Always so nice to hear from you.

Wishing you a great day and week!
 
@Layla... I admire you! I am a pretty lame housekeeper... would much rather cook than clean. Way to get back to the normal bits of life...:smile2:
 
Well @313Lola, truth be told, I admire women who have an appreciation for cooking because I don't. I grew weary after all the years of necessary food prep in raising kids. Never loved it though anyway, just something I had to do.

On the other hand I enjoy a clean organized home. I feel out of sorts when it's not and while in recovery it was not maintained. I think my mom thinks I'm a little OCD when it comes to my house. She doesn't like that my coffee mugs are all lined up with handles going in the same direction. I tell her "Talk to the father of your children about that, I got a heavy dose of him in me."

While in recovery my sister who lives very close to me came by for coffee in the mornings and would put my TED socks on for me. She was drying some dishes here one morning and later in the day when I went into my silverware drawer she had purposely messed it all up, mixing knives with spoons, silverware going in all different directions. It really made me laugh, I had to leave it for a bit because it gave me a good laugh each time I looked.
I guess the twisted sense of humor runs through my family.
 
@Layla Glad to hear your recovery is going so well and Bonesmart is pretty fantastic to have especially when as I was so unfamilar with any kind of surgery and thought I was always going to go through life with such a bad limp. Now almost a year on after my RTHR, I can walk as I used to, my gait is great and I can walk for 3 miles plus with no pain. If I do too much, I feel it a little but so the next time I wont over do it. Build up! My daughter has been wonderful in my recovery especially those early days at home. I remember just wishing to turn over to sleep. Now I can sleep on any side and I must say, I do ofter roll back on my back, just because I know I dont 'have' too!

My daugther - she says that ' I have got my mum back' as we can do all those things we used to do with out me limping or sitting down in pain, after walking for 10 minutes. Eventually I will need my Left hip done, but only slight pain in that hip so that could be in a couple of years. I am not afraid now if that does need to be done. Wishing you a continual good recovery.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good for your sis. I live to do things that put a puzzled look on people's face. My wife will organize things to the point that things only fit one way. Of course whatever I need is in the back or bottom so I must empty the drawer. And it all never goes back in so I don't try. Just to much ****. I hate Tupperware with all the shapes,sizes and colors. My kids laugh at the Tupperware with tin foil for lids in the fridge.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom