THR Layla's Recovery

@Layla... you have a great sense of humor. You've handled recovery in stride and been such a positive voice on the boards. If you're a little OCD... it's OK. Since I stink at housekeeping, I have a HIGH threshold for messiness at home. My work stuff must be organized, but inside the house- not so much! Not sure how long the messed up flatware would have stayed disorganized in our place :chinstroke:

I got better as a cook when I realized my mom enjoyed cleaning and gardening (did I mention I have BLACK thumbs???). I offered to cook in exchange for not having to do the other yucky chores. Mom was happy to stay out of the kitchen and I didn't have to weed or clean as much!
 
So nice to hear from you @SEA
I want to reach out to more people on this forum, as most of us probably do, but life gets in the way.
It's so nice to have acquaintances all over the map.....makes me feel so worldly!! And you hail from the home of the Beatles. I'm sure there is not one of us who can't name at least one Beatles song we love!

Congrats on your upcoming one year anniversary! It sounds as though your recovery has been great. So much of what you mentioned is an encouragement to all of us following behind you. I hope you continue to feel stronger day by day enjoying all life has to offer.
A great week to you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @313Lola
Thank you for the kind words. I've enjoyed your input in this forum as well as you have been a cheerful encourager. I feel a connection due to our shared surgery date. There were a few others who shared our date but I've lost track. I need to look back and maybe check in with them.

Sounds like you and your mom found the perfect compromise in each undertaking and honing your separate interests. My daughter and I are now like you and your mom were as you were growing up. My daughter loves cooking and avoids housework at all costs. Problem is....we don't live in the same home!

I hope you're thoroughly enjoying your mountain vacation. It sounds lovely.
Wishing you a week of peace, tranquility and continued healing!
 
Hey @MyAussieGirl
Thanks for asking, my healing is coming along well. I still have some swelling in the knee area but my understanding is it can last a bit as I'm only 6 1/2 weeks out. I've been driving, able to tolerate grocery shopping, normal stuff like that.

Today I'm just doing some daily maintenance around the house, nothing too
extensive, just keeping it up. The weather here is gorgeous today, at least to my liking. It's cooler, 75ish no humidity. No AC! Man, I'm tired of AC!

I'm waiting for hubby to get home and we're going to grill and chill on the deck. So....low key!

How about you? How is your tummy? I hope okay. Hope your bad hip isn't to bothersome either. Doubtful though at this point, sadly. Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend?

I wish you a great one sweet, Aussie Girl!
 
@Layla I'll catch up later Princess. I am just ate and hubby did the dishes the dog and I shall bond over a pig's ear...he chews them not me ...then I'll fill ya in :dancy: Most of my day has been this dude ...my not operated on hip is Killin me. I could take Percocet but won't be I want it to really work post OP number 2 hip...if Mojo was here I'd give her half a pill but NOT allow her to drink... :wowspring::flwrysmile::happydance:
 
Ok back..... @Layla . I read somewhere else about your plans sounds awesome grilling no AC I shut mine off lots and let hubby and the dog sweat. Cat and I run cold and after the lake well I am brrrrr most of the night. Today no beach....whine, it was too windy so hubby nixed it. I was in the post office, grocery stores, Bath and Body Works got some killer candles on sale and 10 dollars off...in and out of car and shopping ...made my not operated leg hurt hurt....hurt. Chicks at BBW always hug me and prayers are said on surgery...one gave me a birthday gift this last year. They love me. They really do!!

My operated hip If never know I had surgery. But the other one...kill me.

I never really make plans. Saturday I always go to church then we'll maybe beach after maybe stores... I hate to just be home. Sunday I know I'll be back at the library I have a book due in then it's a coin toss.

Tummy seems ok I am on a baby's dose of Imodium but can tell I have to back off a little more on that I'm plugging up... which is good per gastro . I just want normal. I have um been through bowel hell :rotfl:
 
Hooray for your pedi! I cant imagine doing that for myself. I still have to lay back on the bed to get my socks on!
Other than that, though, things are going well. Much less pain and stiffness than a couple weeks ago. And starting to think I might climb up on my horse in a few weeks as planned. Just very carefully at first, just walking, in a small paddock to see how it goes.
 
So sweet, @Mojo333
I would love nothing more than to have you all over, meet you all in person, I'd even let you all mess up! I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the people I most often communicate with here, you being one, Mojo!
Hope your weekend is everything you want it to be!
 
Well the grilling ended up being both my adult children, spouses and grandkids, well two of my grandkids 4 & 9 The oldest one in Atlanta, Ga with freinds.
It was nice but I have my work cut out for me today. Left the rinsed off dishes in the sink last night and the two youngest that are like energizer bunnies were playing down in our lower level last night, didn't even bother to go look what those two little tornadoes left behind, haha! There was a lot of breathless running and giggling going on that could be heard as well as pool table balls bouncing off one another.

I love B&BW @MyAussieGirl. I get excited to walk in!! I was just there with my granddaughter two days ago and bought some Wallflowers. They were on sale but the candles weren't : ( I need to look them up now and see if they are. I usually buy a couple when they're on sale, won't pay full price for those candles even though I love them! And I'm not surprised the B&BW girls love you......WE ALL LOVE YOU :loveshwr::roseshwr:
 
Hi @gwenc I think it's time for "the pedi" again and I'm kind of dreading it.....it was work but so love when I'm done!!

Im happy to hear recovery is going well for you with less pain. I hope you meet your goals for getting on your horse....just be careful!

Wishing you a great weekend!
 
@Layla I'm glad you updated us on your progress. Grilling and chilling on the deck sounds wonderful. I agree- it's too bad we're all spread out on the globe. A little face-to-face party would be fab.

Have a wonderful weekend.
 
What a wonderful visit you had with your family @Layla definitely food for the soul and memories. And yes messes can wait and who says you have to clean it all yourself anyways, recruit some help. I agree a face to face party with our bone buds would be awesome. Still working on the lottery here, hehe. I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
We are very lucky to have so much support for people we have gotten to know only in the "virtual world''.
I'm ever so grateful for the support, humor, advice, scoldings, forgiveness, etc.
Long live bonesmart!
 
Grillin and chillin! That's my language. Next time, might I suggest sturdy paper plates and red solo cups? Don't wash, throw away them dishes.

BTW, as I'm typing this, I am iced and elevated. I shopped step-for-step with my wife today. I am finally back to walking faster than her again. Not that it was a contest, but when you were in so much pain your significant other had too pause and wait on you... that could mean it was time to have your hip replaced.
How is the swelling in the knees?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom