TKR Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slept like a baby last night like a calm relaxed baby. Our bank lady has managed to get things sorted out we had first time ever taking money out as we are starting to collect on our company pensions which took so long to collect 38 years of saving this and feeling over the past three weeks that with the way things were going it would disappear fast. My husband told her this would be the last visit to sort it out and today all needs to be taken care of. She has been so good up till now and listens to what we ask. thinking she has never worked with pensions. This threw her for a loop and our concerns made her aware of how much damage could be made if not looked at carefully.

Now going to buy a bath bench thinking the bars would be enough did not want to spend the money that bench would cost and thinking it would help to keep things from costing too much. My husband said that was not his plan he says no way he will take a chance of me falling and his intention was to buy me one anyway now with the pension sorted out heart is no longer pounding and feeling great.

We even bought our selves something nice yesterday as we have been very careful with spending now all is back to normal will be better off then expected so he went in yesterday and bought a few groceries and back to the car with a surprise a lovely cake which is usually a no no for us but thought we should celebrate and although it has sugar what a way to go pretty good for someone who never ate sweets but now buying a cake for us to enjoy. Going today to buy a bathseat as our pharmacy by the park is offering extra air miles today and some of their bath aids are marked down told they will be going out of selling these things. We have not been going out for meals to keep costs down and now seeing that everything is fine still like eating at home better saving on gas travelling all is ready now cryo wrap for surgery washed rounding up the ice packs that go in it and walkers and commode ready now just 38 more days to go how wonderful to get back to feeling relaxed again. Just a little splurge with the cake sugar readings have dropped so much in the afternoons and most readings are in the 4.0 range so cake did not make that much difference just a little treat and tasted great. Holly
 
Today it is looking like it might snow just soft fluffy little bits coming down but sky is very full of dark clouds, My husband treated us to lunch at A&W we had a great coupon for Mozza burgers and fries and then picked up a floss color for me while I waited i the car with a 50 percent off coupon he was laughing when he came out and great deal for 25 cents this will be used when I stitch a mermaid I have t make she is called Deepest love and comes with a little story about how she loves a human and how they cannot have each other but love so beautiful as she lives in the Sea and he on land love these patterns they are so lovely gentle.

The next stop to buy some vitamins he said he would just be a minute so I waited in the car and when he appeared he was holding a box he said did you really expect we were going to pass on this no way never agreed with forgetting it my intention is you will be safe. he bought me the transfer seat. we had looked at a while ago. . I have been trying to save money and thought maybe something else would be just as good but he said this is very important to him that I have what I need to make things easier so very surprised and so happy to have everything needed nothing else needed and now just wait a little longer.

Today things feel so much calmer so much easier feeling like things were going to get worse last week worried and as things usually work out all is ok. I was really down could not get myself to believe it would work out and although there was no reason for the mixup with the bank as we were told things happen just always like to make sure we have paid for what we need to and so happy the bank made sure it was taken care of for us.

I changed my picture to one of my Dad he is a true inspiration He is there when I turn on my screen as my screen saver his bravery through he was so far from what he loved and his way of making you feel good knowing he was so lonely and always looked out for how we were feeling. He is looking at me his hand waving his face smiling he along with my husband is my strength . My husband is usually on my screen but for now found this picture of my Dad taken on day when we missed our visit to see him as I was very sick. I called the home that day and asked to speak to him told him how much he was loved we did not talk about love but he showed his for his family every day told him how much I wished we could have come that day. My brother asked to take his picture and told him he would send me his picture so that I could see him he wanted me to feel like he was alright but knowing he was not he not well now and made the trip the next day he died two weeks later and this was the only time we had missed our daily trips. My husband is the same way he is wonderful and how lucky I am to have in my life only gift I need. He is so patient and so loved.

He is my reminder that we are stronger then we think sometimes and know he is watching. I believe in Angels, that love we have know never goes away people who we love and friends and people who have loved us stay in our hearts. I talk to him when things are good telling him how much he is missed , talk to him when things are difficult and thinking he is telling me things are alright don't worry in Hol little bumps are just little bumps and this is how I do it. Just my little way of thinking about life and knowing I am surrounded by angels and believing there are real. Holly
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Holly @lavender

i feel that your Dad is looking out for you and that his love will always be there for you. along with your wonderful husband you will be in good hands with loving care.

Cathie
 
Sounds like Mr. lavender is looking out for you. I know I liked having a bath bench.
 
Hi @marmora @kneeper

Yes it is so true my husband Mr Lavender is keeping an eye on things and making sure that everything is ready. I have everything I need just going to take my little pouch with me with toothpaste and toothbrush comb and deodorant and also my soap. I think aside from the clothes I will be wearing that is about it maybe a magazine to but not much else needed for hospital.

I am in very good hands know he is excited about my surgery he was hoping to see my knee taken care of as he understands how much it has changed over the past while and holds my arm as we walk this is the way many of our walks are possible. Keeps me from falling so this will help him to when my knee becomes more stable. My surgery was two weeks after the loss of my Dad and thinking he was with me all during this stuff just my way of handling what happens but believe he is keeping an eye on all of us and he would be happy the surgery is going to happen.
 
@lavender It sounds like you are very ready for your surgery. Glad the lady at the bank got everything sorted out with your financials. What a relief for you.
That was so sweet of your husband to get the bath seat you needed and wanted. Of course he wants you to be safe but also to make it easier for you. I'm sure your dad is looking out for you as well. Enjoy the next few weeks preparing for Christmas. It is my favorite holiday.
 
Hi @Minnie's knees hope your weekend is great .I love Christmas to so does my husband Just saw Santa Claus on the tv so that is a good sign that time is coming along quick. Looked out last night and no snow went back to bed and woke up this morning it has snowed the man who takes care of the apartment parking lot out front of us was loading his truck hopper with salt so thinking it might be a bit slippery hope not. Eating breakfast and then off to pick up a newspaper and then check out our a few things that our grocery store has in their flyer they have trays of chicken parts on sale so have a look at them and then a few groceries This is the weekend for our Santa Claus parade in our city and a few cities in the area are having theirs on Sunday as well.

Finding the new bin system for our garbage is working out so nicely everyone seems to be trying no more hiding garbage they do not know what to do with under the maple tree on the pathway out they must be trying to help make it work. No more tripping over the three garbage cans which were needed in our kitchen we can take our garbage to the bins as we get a few things filled up really nice change.

Not many appointments next week just one for my husband and then the appointments begin so many from then till my surgery time is going gast and now just 37 more days and then surgery date is here. All set and ready to go Holly
 
Hi Holly @lavender

Hoping that the snow fall is light and you and your dear husband will have no driving problems with the roads to/from your grocery shopping.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Hi @marmora Hope you are having a nice day and feeling fine. The snow has disappeared again just a dusting on the grass but quite a bit this morning more expected for the beginning of the week decided today it was a little too cold for our walk but maybe tomorrow. Went to the grocery store today it is just a short bit from our house and found a few really good deals. They had trays of chicken breasts on sale so we picked up a few extra to put in our freezer for the time we will be in with the weather . They had roasts on sale to and one customer had a full cart of them . They must have had 30 never noticed till the lady on the meat counter filling them up reminded them the limit was 6 so they put some back she said they were in the day before and bought more then too so guess she thought they were going a little over the top.

Just relaxing tonight had a nice chicken supper and some black berries and now waiting to watch Poirot tonight noticed he was on last Saturday so looking forward to seeing it again. Love Agatha Christie movies.

We love this time of the night now as when we were working we would just be waking up quick supper and then out to go to our job 9 hours later coming home. Now the night is relaxing as we can get cozy in bedtime clothes and relax till time to sleep. Twelve years doing nights so now nights mean a different thing we can stay home and not have to go out in the snow to get to work. Love the feeling. Now going to have a look at my cross stitch really enjoying my stitching 3/4 done this lovely one and then onto something else just love doing it. Running out of wall space but my husband always says lots of room in spare bedroom stair way keep stitching so I do. Hope you had a great day and wishing you a wonderful day tomorrow Holly
 
Thinking we will build my new bath bench tomorrow made by Aqua Sense so it goes together with screws and little knobs that do not require any tools. My husband said he thinks it would be smart to make sure it is all right and better to see before it is too close so even though it is all wrapped up we will put it together and try it out. So excited to have it feel safer already used the same type of seat last surgery and it worked great. Well off to see Poirot and hope all have a great nights sleep and all the best Holly
 
Holly @lavender

Your relaxing Saturday evening sounds very warm and cozy, it so welcomed to you both after your many years working through the night.

You both deserve nights like that.

Cathie
 
Before I start sorry for the long post which is following but venting warning this post is long just read it over but needed to say it. My I really write long post just get flowing and keeps going.

Such a nice day yesterday nice to feel relaxed after the past few weeks and so excited about all that is coming could not sleep solid last night. Planning on what needs done, had a look at my cross stitch projects that have been put together lots of tiny beads and metallic sparkly threads and the patterns are beautiful so much detail. deciding what to keep out handy to work on when I come home so excited just how it was so excited about it all

Just 37 days till surgery day now time is flying wanting to get things set up so when coming home from hospital no rush. Getting our medications all set pick up what will be needed so saving my husband from having to go to the pharmacy when not driving and whatever medication the surgeon prescribes the pharmacy said they will deliver to us so less running around for my husband. He says he does not mind happy to do whatever needed but want him to have time to take it slower. Knowing although we have planned not to spend muchthis year for Christmas he will be out finding little surprises to have for us on Christmas day just the way he is very excited about all of it and he loves Christmas my favorite wish is to have him and that will be enough.

I was not worried last surgery not sure why just with all of the things that happened before surgery not time to worry. Only concerned about time not driving as not driving our own car made getting around expensive. This time not worried have faith surgeon will do it right will not have to hurry back to getting back to normal as this time around we will not be trying to get all set to go back to help with my Mom although we did not mind helping at all. Tried last time to get driving as she needed to have help and we wanted to make sure she had what she needed. The contact changed last spring she decided she did not like me at that time and thought that I was purposely taking too long to get driving she did not understand why it took 8 weeks and said I was being selfish my family doctors nurse said she thinks she probably understands now how much the time spent on her was our way of showing we loved her and at the time she said she could not understand me or the idea that this surgery had slowed things down for her needs.

Hurt feelings after my Dad died and she blamed me for his dying so far from home told her that the decision was made by her and my brother to put him there and that we both knew that blaming me was wrong not how things happened. She could not face how things actually were. Family doctor told me this was no longer healthy for me health started to change so no more stressful visits. This at the time was her choice and hurt so much. going through this surgery with my husband and that is enough for me. She knew that my knee was going to need surgery she had both knees done and did not understand mine she thought I was over reacting. Knowing she will not be part of it and missing her but not the way she treated both of us and the negative treatment when being my Mom she should have cared.


Thought she did but she told me she did not have time for me my knee was in the way and disrupted our ability to do what we had before it but just for 8 weeks. Then we were back to driving her to appointments and shopping and things she needed she did not appreciate it thought she would have enjoyed it and told me how she felt about my delay in coming back quicker. so we are apart. Knowing that people who really care do not change this fast but wondering if she ever thinks of me and wishes that things she said and how she hung up on me had not happened. Words she spoke should had been thought out and how hard it was for her to see how much she was loved she did not understand being love and how time spent had meant so much to me but not to her. People who knew how much time we spent together are very surprised this happened do not talk about it to them but many ask where she is why not together have to explain and they are shocked that she could have felt this way about me ask if she is having alziheimer issues and they do not understand her.mean words.

We drive past the street she lives on the place that I grew up in and lived for all but two years of my life till we got married. most days look up and no one there no cars we were there every day and then she told me my brother wanted to take all of her care over he resented the amount of time she was wish us. She was no longer allowed to go out without his say we thought rather then pick up what she wanted it would be nice if she could come with us and go for a little ride and buy what she wanted pick out her own groceries and be out with people. When she came home did not want him to see what she had. He needed her to have lunch ready for him so limited how much time we could go with her he told my brother he wanted total charge. So by what happened he has total say no more working around me and now maybe with me gone he has no longer need for having time with her my husband says he no longer has any competition so she is alone We think maybe we had served our purpose and then when all done no longer needed.

Missing the person she was she was a wonderful Mom growing up loved her so much not sure if I like her now never thought she was capable of some of the mean things she did never thought she could do those things. Looking back knowing that she was my Mom and I was always lucky I had her but know she does not feel the same way about me now and wondering why .Not feeling good about her anymore now either she has never accepted any blame always had a way of turning things to make her self seem like the victim never looking at t how much had in her life and how much my Dad tried to make her life so nice. She was very nasty to my husband during the last while and started to yell at him he was so good to her and nothing was too much trouble for him to do.and she took advantage of this.

This was when I knew that things could not continue this way he was not going to be put in this position anymore. Many times try to understand but although I would like to be the one that tries to change things know she is no longer the person who would make it easy and wondering if I really want to things are much more calm and life is back to how we should all expect it to be.

My brother Greg told me she keeps saying she is alone so much now he explained to her how much what she did to hurt me the day she called he said that she had a good thing going before she turned on me and my husband and told her that we loved her and how she messed up asked her how many times she thought I would keep coming back after these things and said that I was someone who no matter what would keep coming back in my nature to be forgiving but told her that the day would come when coming back would not happen anymore and said that maybe it is time she took the initiative to call and say she loves me and she is sorry wish I could say I caused all of it by if I had caused it I would have been back by now and would have been back and made things right.

I am blamed by her because I wrote letters to the paper which were very well received, speaking on behalf of my Dad and Mom at that time to change the way seniors were treated lack of homes and the ones available so far from home. I was told that during the time of writing to the paper it was the year that they were re thinking the need to build another home, that my Dad was offered 3 places in our city this information was not shared with my family and could have brought him home to his familiar place close to go to for visits he was offered day out trips could have had Christmas with my family, and the night he died we could have been with him he would not have died alone an hour away. My Mom and brother turned them down she blamed me for trying to bring him home and thinking they were trying to but after he died we found out that all of the stress we all felt wanting to see him and far away could have been made so much easier but they chose not to.I was writing to the city at this time never realizing that they had offered a solution and turned down my letters worked but the offers were left.


She asked me for my support during the early time could she count on me to go along with things I said it depended on what those things were I was not prepared to do anything that I knew would hurt my Dad he deserved so much more .How hard to understand how she could not feel this way she said she thought we cared more about him and she was feeling like he mattered more at this time he had to he was dying. How could she have not felt the same way.when did she change from the person I had always looked up to loved and still do feeling more like I used to happy like I was as during this time felt very unworthy when with her and very unhappy with how she made me feel about my knee and my slow recovery as she said.

I told her on the phone call when she hung up that I wished that things could be the way they were, go back for another day see my Dad happy healthy , back up time before her leg was broken and see her doing things she loved happy and healthy and wish life could have been easier for them during this time she blames me for everything and before she hung up on me I told her we both knew that that was very wrong how could she say this last words she said to me and having to accept sometimes things in life do not go the way you hope. I grew up I was shy and quiet in my way of dealing with people. believe in goodness trusted never would have during my life talked to my family in any way to hurt them would never have stepped over the line to speak my mind and show her anger respected her for being my Mom and my Dad as well this way never raised my voice to her this was my first time to stand up to her needed to stand up for myself but still with respect. how hard it was.

My Dad told me one time when very young not everyone is nice some are not I was trusting that people were nice gave them the benefit of my trust and he taught me at that time to be aware that most people are not all and not thinking the not so nice would be someone who was so much part of my world but knowing that maybe even if they love you it does not mean they like you. The day it started I had just hugged her in the pharmacy and said nothing would keep me away from her she was not emotional type of person she let me hug her never knowing what she had planned knowing that I have the best husband I could have asked for loved and wonderful memories of growing up safe feeling love, how things have changed since my Dad and wondering if he was the glue and if she ever felt she really loved me or was it my Dad that kept things going calm and smooth and without him she was the way she had been longer then I thought. Trying to let go of the past which I had never expected could separate a family this way . My family doctor told me one day when talking that it is ok to do what you need to but when the time comes when doing what you need to for others is more then you can do it is alright to say no more he was aware of what was happening and knew what it was doing to me.

I have lived a wonderful life close family ties our home was a safe place and our home together my husband and me is to Feeling good about how I have made it through it now no longer beating my self up over why and what if as knowing it could not be changed now trying to always find a way of making things right this time I can't she needs to understand what happened and looking forward to a good recovery less stress and no pressure from things that I can'[t change and loving the man who carried me through it all with his patience , love and understanding that I am a very lucky woman.

Just the need to put it all down sorry for the long post just talking to myself in my own way to get it out. Feeling so confused back then with all actually thinking that maybe I should have went back.. after all she did l thinking that I should have made the effort and as always try to smooth it over ta k the blame and say it was my fault maybe it would have been better but then telling myself that by doing this maybe I would just be setting myself up for more. This time not ready always said that have to make the most of her while she is here my reasoning maybe but telling myself I am not selfish I am not a liar not disliked by my family as my brother said how could she say that family does not feel that way about me and would be upset she said that about the way they feel.

standing on my own two feet putting my feelings as counting making sure that I am here for a while longer to as during the time it happened doctor concerned and medications increased. being true to myself as my Dad always taught me stand up for yourself, be yourself, be proud of who you are and do not let anyone make you feel less then you are as you have a right to be happy and knowing with all that that I have a truly wonderful life. Going into this next surgery much stronger , happy to have a chance to be given a better way to walk , my husband will be there and knowing he is the best to ask for and knowing my Dad is watching to. Holly


Time to get back to now and count the blessing of the wonderful life I have been blessed with so thankful for all the kind people who are part of my life and so thankful for the family I grew up in and my parents who raised me with so much love and thankful to have met and married the man I love so much and with memories of so many great things and try to let the bumps in the road pass by just wishing that my Mom is alright wish she understood and thinking now maybe she does.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I want to share my picture with you this is my Dad my inspiration when things are tough he was such a wonderful man and so many memories he has left with all of us of his kind way of looking at life never complained my wonderful Dad how much he is remembered miss him. He died two weeks after this picture miss him so much
 
Trying to post my picture
[Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lavender's getting a new left knee for Christmas
    my dad at the home waving hi.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 85
Holly @lavender

Memories fill our heart long after the person we've loved is no longer with us.
Your lovely Dad is with you everyday in your heart.

Cathie
 
My Dad is my inspiration so is my Gram she was wonderful to my Grampa and my other Gram to and so many people we have had the honor of having as part of our lives that have left us. My brother called this morning did not hear the phone but he called so so nice to have called him back he is so much like my Dad and I am to. He is great and after putting up his light for Christmas he is coming to see us good for both of us to see each other. He has stayed with me through it all and I with him and we are so much alike in the way we are.

His daughter was born on Christmas day the year my Gram died. My Gram and Grampa were married on Christmas day and this lovely little baby who is now 25 was born this day such a beautiful baby she was the newest baby I had ever seen just coming from delivery room and we were told my sister in law wanted to see us in her hospital room my brother has always been such a wonderful Dad he has two daughters one is going through for teaching and now in her last year of school she is such a nice girl and love to see her.

We usually go to his house for Christmas and love spending time there with them. Really like my sister in laws Mom she talks to me and is very upset seeing how things with my family have changed she is like a Mom for me now that mine is no longer with me. He is going to visit me in the hospital he said he would help with what ever can for my husband as he does not drive and told my husband he is only offering because he wants to and will be there when it is time to bring me home from the hospital after surgery. My other brothers came last time to not sure who else will come but my friend in the park is asking if it would be ok if she visited to so maybe she will come to but for sure my husband will be there. Looking forward to seeing him come up our walk way enjoy our visits he has been so busy with work and his body shop and fixing things for his kids cars and helping his daughter move so nice to get a chance to get some time together So happy he is coming. Holly
 
Hi @Celle and @marmora Thankyou for sharing my Dads picture with me how nice pictures are to have memories, places we go people who are important to us births and birthdays, holidays and how many time so thankful you have a picture to look back on but how many pictures we keep in our memories . I remember his so clear remembering how cold his hand was when holding it after his first stroke and trying to warm it with my hand holding it. But most of my memories of him are so good so many good memories just My brother who is coming took this picture for me to show me told him I was missing seeing him that week and told him he would sent it through to me my Dad wanted to make me see he was alright he is so remembered want him to know he is not forgotten and how much he means to his family even though he is gone he is still with us. Know we have all lost people who we loved so much and still do and wishing all who have lost family and friend the best along their path we are all important in our lives we touch each others lives and we all matter. He just called and is on his way how nice just so nice. Holly




Holly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom