Hi
@marmora @tiredwife @appaloosa girl and
@Minnie's knees When I was growing up we had a Saint Bernard dog not too long after she came home I started to really love her she was just a puppy just left her Momma and decided she needed to be given love so we became such good friends really loved her. She was part of our family and although before she came home I was afraid of dogs I was the one that took her on many of her walks. Her name was Daisy I was asked to pick her name she was the reason that my fear of dogs disappeared. When I came home from school and then later from work she would be sitting near the door waiting no matter what the weather we went for a walk she looked forward to it and so excited when we went out . She was very strong actually think she walked me but how we bonded missed her so much when the day came that she had to be put to sleep as her back started to deteriorate and she was in pain. Only thing that could be done but so hard when she was no longer waiting for me when I came home it became our special time together.
Most of the people who live around us are very responsible and take care to clean up after their dogs just a tiny few do not do this. I love to see people out walking their dogs and how proud the dogs seem to be having time to go for their walk lots of dogs walk in our park some so carefree they walk the same path everyday and a few go without leashes know the path they take and calmly walking along smelling the trees as we say that they are checking their mail smelling the messages left behind by other dogs who have passed that way.
I was very upset one day a lady was dragging her dog leash less then a foot long restricting any movement and yelling at the dog . I remember how much walks meant to Daisy and I and she being so large and strong sometimes she walked me but special few moments to get out.
I called over to the woman wondering if she realized how she appeared with the treatment she was showing her dog and asking her if she thought this type of walk was in any way enjoyable for her dog and he was obviously being treated without any signs of kindness. Her leash was so short that her dog was standing on his back legs to try from being strangled and I said that it would be better not to walk him or her if she was not happy doing it what was was doing was cruel. She was not happy at my comment but noticing that they yelling stopped for a little bit and she eased off on the leash. Sometimes people forget that animals also have feelings and if they are angry their animal is not a way to take out their anger. Seeing someone who has no understanding that animals deserve kindness is something that hurts me.
The sun is now shining quite mild today wore a sweater but so warm so not needed the air smells nice and too wet for our park hoping to get for a walk tomorrow missing our park but still think there will be lots of time before it snows.
Weeks seem to be going by so fast I can't believe it is already Thursday picked up our paper now checking the grocery ads. Roses buds outside have opened and still more to come today's rose is on our yellow climbing rose bush and old fashioned type beautiful smell. Everything is still so green love this time of the year and love sleeping with the windows open sleep like a baby this way. Catching up a few things in housework and have my brothers birthday card written and ready to take to him tomorrow or Saturday if they will be home as his birthday is on Saturday and will be nice to see him and the rest of his family again. Holly