Lateral release with medial reefing<

I wish you were close to me. I've been trying to find someone to come and clean mine. I even went on Angie's list. No one is interested. What has happened to the people who want to work?
 
@sistersinhim have you tried care.com?
I know there's house keeping on there. I've seen alot of people posting on there for cleaning jobs.
 
I will check them out. Anything would be a help right now! Thanks for the tip.
 
I slept in my bed for the first time last night!! It took a little more time getting up at my 3 am bathroom call but it's worth it. I did seem to sleep more sound than I was on the recliner. I was also able to position my pillows like the picture here on BS...the 3 pillows. I wasn't able to do that before cuz of my pulling on top of knee cap. Maybe now that my elevation is higher I can get added relief. Ya think!!??
 
Yes, I do think! You are getting better. Wonderful! Continue to take it very easy on that knee and you should continue to improve every week!
 
That sounds wonderful @sistersinhim !! You're like my personal cheer leader!!
One more question: I do feel the pulling and stiffness is getting better BUT the one spot where that happens is pretty tender to the touch...like a bad bruise and occasionally gets stabbing pains. Is this normal? A sign of healing maybe?
 
Yes, it's normal. I still have a couple of places that nag me, especially the lateral tendon. Sometimes that hurts all the way down. I don't know if it comes from the tkr or the 2 lateral releases I had on it through the years. I had my old OS from the 80s tell me that I would always have pain, even after the tkr. I was hoping he was wrong, but maybe not. Before my fall, I was pretty much painfree except for little twinges. Now, it's much worse, but I blame it on the little movement of the joint.

But, to make a long story shorter...you will experience pains in different places at different times. You might do a thing that aggravates this one area and do something else that aggravates another. This goes on for months. But, as the months go on, the pain isn't as nearly as intense. Just don't overdo!
 
Good to hear it's"normal".

I'm feeling pretty good today. Did some excerises and the pedal machine. And a load of laundry. Going to shower and get in bed to do my relaxing while the kiddos go to a movie with Papa.
 
Sounds like a good day to me! Get a nap while you're at it. Sleep is healing.
 
I'm kicking myself in da butt right now!!!

Went to PT this morning. What I thought was a great visit ended up in pain this afternoon!! I suggested that I try the recumbent bike since the pedal machine I got has helped me greatly these last few days. I did 6 minutes on it comfortably. After that went to table and hung leg to slight discomfort and measured at 84 flexion. After that simple massage, stim on quad and game ready machine.
I knew it was too much by the time I got home....I was beginning to get sore. I immediately took my Norco and hit the bed to ice and elevate. I woke up literally crying I was in that much pain!!! Husband brought a half of Norco and it took the edge off. I've been in bed except bathroom and ice exchange and my leg is just so heavy and burning. I don't know what did it...the bike or the gravity hang!? I'm super angry over this!! Stupid! Ughhhh!!!

On a happy note: I got word from my most dearest friend that I haven't seen in 6 years is coming to town on July 7!! At least I have that to look forward to.
 
Oh, bless your heart, you way over did. Now, you are a member of the ODIC, (over did it club). 1 minute would have been more than enough on the bike. Then, adding the gravity bend to it really put you over. It will take a few days or more to recoup. Do as little as possible until your knee calms down. You know the routine, but it's really important to do it constantly now. Ice, elevate, rest and meds. I pray you get relief quickly. Do not go back to PT until your knee calms down. You would just aggravate your already inflamed tissues. I am so sorry you did this. Stay out of that club!
 
Not a club I want to be part of!! Dang it!!

I've been doing the pedal machine at home for 5-10 minutes so I didn't think anything of it.... looking back now...I guess that bike does have more resistance even at 0 than my old school pedal machine!! So stupid!!! I know the routine.... didn't even make dinner. Pizza delivery!! I don't have PT til next Tuesday so no worries there!! As always... thanks for the reply @sistersinhim
 
Oh @BrokenMaMa, what a drag! I'm so sorry to hear this, but I sure know what it feels like; ugh!:gaah:

Just follow the advice of @sistersinhim and hopefully, tomorrow will see you feeling much better.
 
@Pheebs52 thanks for the reply!! I think we've all been in this situation...I really wasn't in pain or much discomfort! It certainly catches up and our knees aren't happy!! One day.... we'll get there!
 
Most of the time the over-done-it pain doesn't show up until that night and the next few days. That's why we have to be so careful when we start something new. Just with just a minute or so the first few days of the new activity. If your knee is OK with that, then add a little bit more. Again, just for a few days. If your knee doesn't yell at you, then move on to a little more. It has to be done is tiny stages to keep us out of that club. It is NOT a good place to visit!

How are you feeling this morning, @BrokenMaMa?
 
@sistersinhim Still not feeling too great. Knee feels strange...hard to explain. I stayed in bed the rest of yesterday and all night elevating and ice the whole time...only up for bathroom. Stabbing pains when I'd shift my leg. This morning I'm trying to move around some cuz my whole body hurts from laying around. Definitely feels weak and tender. Gonna stay low key today and only shower and make dinner later. Right now I'm sitting on my front porch and just relaxing outside for a while.
 
It will more than likely take a few days for your knee to get back to where it was. When you are cooking, do you have a stool or something similar that you can sit on? If not, sit down as often as you can. As keep ice on your knee as much as possible.
 
@sistersinhim I don't have a stool but I do have 2 daughters that can help and make it a bit quicker. LOL

I figured it'd take a good day or 2 to get back to my " normal". Is there a such thing as too much ice! I was on ice machine for like 12 hours... only unhooked to use bathroom. Is that overkill?
 
It wasn't too much for me. I kept it on me the whole time I was down, just switching out the frozen bottles as needed.
 
@sistersinhim I just got a tramadol script. I also still have my Norco. I took a Norco at 3:00 pm today.... when is it appropriate to take the tramadol?
I know I've seen it somewhere here but can't find it easy on my phone.
What's the good plan for the 2?
I'd like to only take the Norco on bad days like yesterday.
 
Back
Top Bottom