Lateral release with medial reefing<

Or get a script for zofran. That helped me the worst few days of nausea I had.

I had to look up what you had. I kind of had a similar situation with a really misaligned patella and I also suffer still from the weak quad at 8w. Leg extensions are super hard, I have a painful pulling on my kneecap when I do them, so def what your feeling sounds normal for that level of patellar realignment.

Hope you feel better sooner rather than later.
 
Hey guys!! Thanks for the tips. I started eating some almonds for protein and cutting the 10 mg into 5 mg and taking every 4 hours. So far today that seems to have helped some. If this doesn't work then I will call on Monday and see about switching.

I had PT this morning and it went ok. Measurements are 79/0. Only 1 degree since Tuesday but yesterday was a heck of a day with nausea so I didn't do much but elevating and ice. I did get some kinseo tape today... we'll see how that goes. It's kinda shaped like a wish bone right on the knee cap.

@Josephine hope your feeling good with your shoulder recovery!

@ jennszoo the pulling is my brick wall as well!!

My newest worry: I know I have to start weening out of this brace and crutches but I'm so so so scared of all the possibilities of what can go wrong!! Even with the brace on my knee buckles when I step!!! Any tips!?
 
The buckling will get better. It's that weak quad, misfiring according to my PT and Dr. I had it a lot early on and then only in the evenings and now maybe only 1-2 times day.
 
@Jennszoo I'm still sleeping with brace on as well. I'm terrified of jerking or moving wrong in my sleep. I think losing the brace is going to be another rough phase for me.
 
My girlfriend stopped by last night with a pedal excerise machine that a friend of hers was selling in garage sale.. gave it to her for free!! I did about 3 minutes of rocking back and forth on it today. The last 2 days have been pretty stiff. I'm icing and elevating more than ever this week and I seem to be getting stiffer and stiffer. What's the dealio!? I hate to sound like a broken record but this is just bringing me more down. Pretty pitiful when ya cry at the end of the movie Coyote Ugly!!! I'm tired of crying and frankly so is my family!
 
Sometimes the stiffness is because while you're keeping your knee still the joint isn't making the synovial fluid that lubricates the joint. Try moving your knee a bit while you're elevating and icing, to see if that helps.

Often, when you get up after resting, your knee will be stiffer, but walking a few steps loosens it up again.
 
Thanks guys! I do try to keep it moving while elevating. I guess I'll have to make it happen more often. I do alot if ankle pumps while elevating.
 
I still get stiff when get up after I've been sitting for awhile and always when I wake up in the morning.
 
I'm finding that the pedal machine is really loosening up some of that stiffness! I'm pleasantly surprised. I only did it once yesterday. But today I've done it 3x and just rock back and forth. I hold the bend for 5 seconds.
My dad took me to the local pharmacy today and they had a roll on arnica product that I am really liking!! I feel like it's much better than icy hot.
Here's hoping to an UN-stiff future!
 
Good deal that the pedal machine is loosening you up! That is good news!
 
@sistersinhim I started reading your recovery...slow but sure... there's alot! I noticed you use tiger balm...that is my absolute favorite but my husband absolutely hates the smell and forbids it! Haha
I've also noticed you have had a setback recently... I'm not sure what but I do hope you are feeling better!
Thanks for your encouragement and kind words.
 
@BrokenMaMa thank you for your kind words. Four weeks ago I stepped into a hole, rolled my ankle inward and broke my fibula in two places and the 2 and 3 foot bones. At the same time I fell flat on my new knee. The biggest problem is being non weight-bearing on this leg, so I have no idea if my knee is OK or not. I do know it's sore, but assume it's from non-use. These implants are pretty indestructible, not so our tissues!

For over 20 years I've watched my feet when I walked, fearing a fall. With my new knee I had already gained more strength that I had, had in years and started walking with my head up. Well...I won't be doing that anymore for a long time!

You have had a rough go of it, and I'm so glad you're are finding success. You can tell you husband that he can have your bad knee and then you won't use Tiger Balm! The stuff is amazing. Your hubby really should not fuss at something that gives you relief. Can you put it on away from him and let the odor settle some before getting around him? Have you tried the patches? I bought the large and then cut them in half, getting 2x for the money! The smell isn't quite as bad and they work really well.
 
@sistersinhim I do have the patches and you're right...the smell isn't as bad as the oitment. I'd have to say the arnica roll on I bought today is pretty comparable to the patch.

I'm sorry to hear of your fall!! I can't imagine. Here you are going through your own struggle and still helping others! Amazing! The world needs more people like you around!!
 
Reading about people going back to work has really got me thinking that all though I know I won't be able to until at least September or October.... I'm not sure if it'll be worth it! I work for the USPS. I am just a sub now so only work the days any if the regular carriers have the day off, sick or vacation. BUT, my regular carrier is planning to retire in the next year or 2. It is a very physical job and has only gotten more physical the last few years due to Amazon. On an average day I deliver 120 packages....that's 120 times I'm in and out of the truck...not to mention just putting the mail in the box is also very repetitive. 700 houses on the route! At Christmas... triple the amount of average packages. I'm not sure I'm willing to work this knee to any kind of damage again....the USPS probably got me to where I am today..... sitting here all gimp like!!! Ughhhh!

**Venting**
 
Oh, I'm buying something at least once a week from Amazon Prime! They used to deliver UPS only. The last year or so they started using the USPS. I was afraid of 'snail mail', but they are doing a good job!

@BrokenMaMa, thank you for your very kind words. I feel that God has put me through all this knee experience, (11 knee surgeries, with more to come), in order to help others.

Your job is extremely stressful on your body. You will need a lot of recoup time before attempting to resume it. Could they put you in another position that would be better on your body?
 
@sistersinhim unfortunately there isn't another position to go into. :sigh:

I can always go back to cleaning houses though....my husband thinks that's the way to go. I sort of agree but I do love my coworkers and my customers. I will miss them immensely!
 
Back
Top Bottom