Lateral release with medial reefing<

BrokenMaMa,
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Kinseo tape works well for some, and not for others. Nice thing is if you do not like it, take it off.
Take it off in the shower or bath, it will come off easier.
 
Thanks for merging..I wasn't sure. , You're right...just take it off if I don't like it!! Easy peezy...too bad the rest of the recovery couldn't be that easy!

Limited internet access does surely suck when there's so much down time. And I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode twice on the DIY channel! Haha!!
 
***venting*****
At PT now....I told them gentle from now on....no bands like last week. He was OK with that BUT had to throw in the you're going to need MUA..just saying. I told him we'll see...I have faith. My flexion is 75...I'm OK with that. He'll measure again after my stim.
 
OMG the old MUA threat and you're only a few weeks post op. I'm dealing with that threat also at almost 8 weeks. My ROM was only 76 last Thursday. I'm sure we can both get the appropriate ROM without the MUA. What kind of treatment did you have at your physio?
 
Liam2015,

Last week was brutal...had me doing forward, back and side to side stretches with resistance band. Some marching and stepping up on block and pushing for bend. That was all before I read article on PT here. I didn't go back until today and told him gentle excerises today. He was okay with that but still threaten the mua.
I'm OK with my progress...6 degrees further than last week.
 
Good for you sticking to doing what you know is right in PT. There's absolutely no reason for you to be using bands and marching and stepping up on a block when you aren't even a month out. You continue to stand your ground and not let PT do anything you know will hurt you. If you hurt, your recovery is set back because your inflammation is increase and in turn so is your swelling. That decreases ROM.
 
Well done for continuing to insist that your PT is not excessive. It doesn't matter if your progress is slow, as long as you're moving forward. Slow and steady is the way to go. Remember that the tortoise won the race against the hare.
[Bonesmart.org] Lateral release with medial reefing<
 
Thank You for the encouragement! I usually am the go along to get along girl but not after BS!! I was a little angered at the MUA threat. I don't see how any PT or surgeon can think that going all the way back to step 1 would be a good idea when someone is showing progress!! I progressed 6 degrees ROM in a week all by myself. As far as I'm concerned that's a great progression. I'm proud to say I'm 78/0 on June 13! :yes!:
 
That is fantastic! I hate to read of those MUA threats. It seems PT like to keep their power by always threatening MUAs. They ought to be ashamed.
 
The nausea is here and with a vengeance!!! It's been creeping it's way in the last week but yesterday and today so far has been terrible. I'm almost positive it's the Norco!!! At 6:45 am I took my 10mg pill...by 7:30 I had severe hot flashes, dizzy, and thought for sure I was going to be sick. Dr. Has me taking the Norco every 4 hours...I cannot do this anymore!!! I'm hoping I can hold off and start weening to every 6-8 hours..I certainly don't want to add withdrawal symptoms to my already rough state. :sick:
 
You haven't been on it long enough to worry about withdrawal. You have to eat something with a lot of protein before taking your pain meds.
 
Would your OS try a different med? For example, Norco made me super nauseous but Percoset does not.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I do eat a snack when I take the meds. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask about something different. It's really very frustrating.
 
Same with me couldn't do Norco but Percocet or Oxy work great!
 
I'm not even sure which drug the culprit is...all I do know is that today was horrible!! The nausea..the pain...the tears! I'm spent!!
 
Hopefully your OS will prescribe something different to get a better result.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I empathize with you regarding the nausea. The culprit in my case was Oxycocet (Percocet), which I stopped at the 3 week mark; couldn't take it any more. Losing weight, constipation, then diarrhea to correct the constipation. I would recommend you ask your surgeon or family doctor to try a different pain medication. You need to nourish yourself.
 
Protein drinks will help you with nausea and to heal.
 
Back
Top Bottom