Lateral release with medial reefing<

I don't know about mixing Tramadol and Norco. The only thing I know about is Tramadol and Tylenol. I'll tag Josephine. @Josephine, will you please answer this for BrokenMaMa.
I just got a tramadol script. I also still have my Norco. I took a Norco at 3:00 pm today.... when is it appropriate to take the tramadol?
Thank you.

Don't mix them until you hear from Josephine or someone else who knows!
 
I briefly looked at it, but it seemed to be just for medical care assistance for the infirm. Now, that I can begin to walk, I will start to catch up on my cleaning. Thank you for the suggestion.
 
@sistersinhim I talked to the pharmacy. They told me that the 2 cannot be taken together....4 hours apart from each other.

I'm still hanging out in the ODIC and it's so very frustrating. Woke up and the swelling was better but now it kinda feels like something is off. My mom picked me up to take me to Dr to pick up my RX and then to pharmacy to get the meds and back to swelling and super stiff. Been in bed for 2 hours now icing and elevating. Hope I can loosen up some after I'm done icing.
 
It sounds like you're doing all the right things. Unfortunately, it takes a while to get out of that 'club'. Are you feeling any better today?

I'm so glad you called the pharmacy about the two drugs. That was a smart move! I should have 'googled' it for you, but I didn't think of that until just now. I'm sorry.
 
Good morning!! The swelling does seem better this morning thanks to all the usual good stuff...ice and elevate. It doesn't seem like that "off" feeling is there today. Just my usual spot of pain where the tight band feeling is. My only real complaint is how weak my leg is still. It wasn't this weak before that PT visit on Tuesday. It's super wobbly. I call it jelly leg.

I did Google the meds before I asked but I didn't find a definitive answer that I felt comfortable with. Haha!
 
It sounds like you are better this morning! Your knee strength will come back as time goes on.

It would have been a waste of time for me to have googled it!
 
I just got a tramadol script. I also still have my Norco. I took a Norco at 3:00 pm today.... when is it appropriate to take the tramadol? What's the good plan for the 2?
You shouldn't take both together. It's either one or the other.

This was the routine I used for my knee replacement. I suggest you try it and see how it goes
[Bonesmart.org] Lateral release with medial reefing<
 
@Josephine thanks for the reply. Dr. refilled my Norco for just in case I have a bad day...such as I did on Tuesday!! But I did start with the tramadol and Tylenol. So far 50 mg of tramadol and 500mg of Tylenol is working. I figured if I needed more I could take 2 Tylenol. Hope your well.
 
I also like the Tramadol/Tylenol. A few times I had to take the Oxy with these breaks, but mostly, when I have to take anything it's the Tramadol/Tylenol. There are much fewer side effects.
 
So far so good. Today is the first day I added the Tylenol. I'm going every 5 hours.
 
sistersinhim, Josephine

Good morning ladies! I have a question. We know I had a lateral release with medial reefing. I'm feeling a little down on myself this morning. I'm 6 weeks out and I'm not anywhere close to being able to walk without my crutches. Is this at all normal!!??

I know not to compare but I don't understand how TKRs can walk out of the hospital and 6 weeks later I'm still crutching along. My op leg is like a tub of slime and just gives out.

I'm sorry to bother you with my discouraging morning. I just have my mom and my husband on my back asking what the heck is wrong with me and it's really bringing me down. You'd think my own mother would be in my corner. nope.
 
BrokenMaMa,
Sorry to hear your family is giving you such a hard time. You had a major surgery and your muscles are not working yet. As you heal they will start to work, it just takes time.
TKR's walk out of the hospital, with walkers, no where near ready for independent walking. Some of us are still on crutches/walkers/canes at 6 weeks+. Don't compare yourself to anyone else, every one and every knee recovers at it's own pace.
What is your family thinking? That you love lazing around with your leg elevated and on ice, eating BonBons, watching the latest movies, while reaching for popcorn? Best summer ever, NOT!
I am sure they are concerned that you are on the slow train to recovery, you may need to reassure them that you will recover, then point out some things you can do now that you could not do a few weeks ago.
Improvement happens so slowly, you may not notice the difference unless you think about it. :console2:
 
Oh thank you so much for your kind words!! I don't know what they are thinking!! My mom keeps making very sarcastic comments to me and rolls her eyes if I try to tell her about a pain or anything else. If this is her idea of tough love....it's not working!
Sadly the only accomplishment I can think of is my flexion getting better at every PT but nothing to turn heads with! That doesn't mean a dang thing to my family but it does mean something to me!
What's the difference between walking with one crutch vs a cane? Is one better than the other?
 
A crutch is more stable than a cane. The one you are most comfortable with is the best one for you.
The usual progression would be, both crutches, to one crutch, then a cane.
If your Mom keeps rolling her eyes, they may get stuck like this poor fellow. :rolleyes:
 
Haha!!! Wouldn't that be funny!!
I can do one crutch for a while but not for too long...I always have #2 real close. My op leg felt much stronger until Tuesday when I hit the ODIC club.... I guess catch up is the name of the game now.
 
BrokenMaMa, I can't really tell you about time, since my OS had me in an immobilizer for 6 weeks. After my tkr, I was still on my walker at 6 weeks, and I certainly didn't walk out of the hospital without walking aids. As a matter of fact, I was in a wheelchair being rolled out! What a shame you don't have the support of your mom. I don't understand her not being on your side. No one can relate to knee surgery unless they have had it. It is a very painful surgery.

Some on here are keeping a 'thankful for' journal. When they are down, they will go back and read it. I can tell that you have had improvements just in the short time you have been on here. Please don't let your family get you down. I know it's hard to ignore them, but you have to take care of you, not patronize your loved ones.

Come here and vent anytime you need to. We care and we understand.
 
Back
Top Bottom