Guest viewing is limited

THR Lateral entry, no restrictions!

Week 5: Squatting 30 lb tomorrow. Two days later, I will progress to doing it with a bar. Walking and stair climbing is getting better, although the weather is impeding the former.

Physical therapist says I still have a little hip swelling, and noted some black and blue working its way down to the lateral calf. We're out to one appointment every two weeks sessions: discharge goal is to be able to walk completely normal. With her, I've started clamshells, and continue core strengthening (I hate those 8-) ), abductions against a wall, ballerina leg extensions, various stretches. She's aware of the gym work and works to complement the squats and rack pulls.

Our seaman son (military sealift command--a civilian) is home with a cold. That's a good chance to practice more frequent handwashing and keeping my distance. So far, I haven't caught anything.
 
Sounds like you are doing very well!

If anyone got sick in the house when I was growing up my mom would lysol spray the door knobs and faucets, and change the towels daily. She did not want to get sick, lol. Maybe that will serve me well as a reminder in the future.

How lovely to have your son home! I hope he feels better soon.
 
We use Clorox wipes.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Week six. Still some discoloration in the operated lower leg, about 2” by 2”.

Got in 2 mile walk yesterday, and doing rehab exercises on barbells: light weights, more reps.

Stay well out there and up your hygiene. That’s what I’m doing.
 
Sounds like you are doing well. 2 mile walk sounds wonderful. Have a great day.
 
Week 8 begins tomorrow.

Working out with barbells in a rehab protocol: lots of reps, low weight. Walking lots. Getting stronger though there’s always a little muscle fatigue.

Still a little swelling/bruise lower left leg lateral at the sock line. Will point out to doc at follow up appointment next week.
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Hope you’re doing well. Take care, be safe, stay well, wash your hands and don’t touch your face. Sorry...couldn’t help it. Just in case you didn’t hear :wink:
@Mutwa
 
Thank you, @Layla .

Gym is closed, so shifting to HIIT.

Doc said call him in a year. X-rays showed ossification on the right. He put me back on vitamin D for three months.

Planted tomatoes and peppers and got some sun. Took a 2.3 mile walk this evening. We’re only going out for groceries once a week, and that’s it for contact with the outside.
 
5 months right.

So far so good. I’m in Dallas, where the infection is relatively light, living in a lightly affected suburb. Family members are aware of hip complications to covid, and have upped the hygiene well.

Taking 2+ mile walks, monitoring the wind, avoiding other pedestrians, shifted training away from HIIT to strength, but with many reps, since equipment is limited.

X-rays late Feb show ossification right.

Stay safe!
 

Staff online

  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom