TKR Late Bloomer<

That is good news, I'm pleased for you. Things are going in the right direction at last. I know how much stress and frustration you've been through. One thing is, you'll be very understanding and able to empathise with others going through a similar experience. Wishing you good healing from now on.
Tabby xxx
 
First weekend in a long time that I feel a bit more normal, no wound vac on to carry around. Making do with very little wound care at this pt. Changed the dressing today and it's amazing how much it has closed up and it looks like it will heal up and not look any different then the rest of the scar in the end. Could get very little packing into the wound so that is also a good sign.
My spirits seem a bit brighter, not as moody and today was a grey day so it could have been a easy day to be moody.
Feels good to just be a bit more normal, have so much more to work on yet, walking better, having a faster walk I am really slow getting passed by everyone. Steps, would love to get back into a water exercise class, think that could be really helpful for recovery. Not feeling the energy drain so much this week like other weeks, so looking forward to going to work and not having to go to the hospital for dressing changes for the wound vac.
Actually felt like being out and about today, went to a local Walmart and Menards, didn't bother me any walking. Stiffness after sitting or sleeping, hobbling those first few steps, another thing to work on, maybe some will come on it's own with time.
 
Happy to hear you're seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Have you seen your OS yet? Just wondering how it went...
 
Great news! So glad that things are finally looking up for you. You have really been through a ton and you deserve to have some great days! We must live pretty close as it was a gray day here as well. I live in Baraboo.
 
I was so happy to read your update. I am so glad that things are finally looking so positive and moving in the rightb direction, now that you are feeling better everything else will fall into place, your gait, your ROM etc.

Sending a virtual hug and positive thoughts :)
 
Oh, this all sounds so good! :yes!:
 
Finally, you're getting so much better! What a bumpy road you have been on and now it's finally smoothing out!
 
@birdinger I was up your direction shopping yesterday. I am from the Mazo area. I love your area for shopping less traffic than Madison and some good restaurants.
 
Had a enjoyable weekend felt more like my old self. Husband has wanted to start walking did that this morning and the rest of the day was spend visiting with the family
 
Glad that you had a good weekend. You deserve it!!! The Mazo area is really pretty. Isn't that where the Shoe Box is? We used to have one in Baraboo and then they closed. I volunteer at the International Crane Foundation and hope i can get back to giving tours next year.
 
First weekend in a long time that I feel a bit more normal, no wound vac on to carry around. Making do with very little wound care at this pt. Changed the dressing today and it's amazing how much it has closed up and it looks like it will heal up and not look any different then the rest of the scar in the end. Could get very little packing into the wound so that is also a good sign.
That's great! :yes!::dancy::spin:
At last you can begin to feel you're moving forward. I'm so pleased for you. :friends:
 
So great to hear you had a good weekend and feeling more like yourself. Good signs!
 
You sounds so much better! What an encouraging post!
 
Yes, I needed that boost, was starting to feel depressed and bitter. Getting the wound vac off and being able to move about more freely a big boost. I don't expect to feel 100 percent although I think when thinking of the surgery and pre planning I feel in my mind I felt I would be back to normal. But now I am satisfied at just working towards small improvements with walking, climbing steps, getting back to water aerobics. Didn't realize how much everything was weighing me down emotionally, think that is where in the last few weeks I've taken the biggest hit. Think everyday life has it's own stress and pressure, but then add these other glitches in life and it was weighing very heavily on me. My emotional health seems to be healing at this pt. :martini:
 
With each baby step you take, you are that much closer to a huge jump! You are getting there!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom