TKR Ladyala recovery

I totally agree, never much appetite when I’m taking opioids.. besides the nursing home “rehab “ facility food was horrid. And no evening snacks were offered to me :badspidy:so I lost couple lbs but yes. Appetite is back!
 
How long were you in the rehab facility?
 
I know.. lol. Hubby did bring me dried apricots which I kept in drawer .. I guess the nurses didn’t have key to kitchen! It was quite an experience.
 
@Benay I was in there for seven days. Found out that Medicare would only pay for 20 days including hospital/surgery date .. then it would be up to me to pay out of pocket. Yikes .. I made sure I left before that!
 
Last edited:
Ok well new development.
I got a headache this afternoon, nothing unusual...I'm kinda headache prone so no biggie. But over the past 2-3 hours I've begun to feel chilled, a tiny bit shaky & just wiped out. If I get sick I'm going to: Seriously, what the heck?!?

Its warm here, in the upper 80's today which means upper 70's/low 80's inside so its definitely not my environment. And while typing that I took my temp and its 99.7.

Crappity **** ****!!
I've been icing & resting most of the day.

So now I'm praying this is a little blip & I will feel better in the morning. Maybe I just need more sleep. Pretty please?

Ok...I took some Tylenol. Any other suggestions?

Ahh yes, I almost forgot...I finished the antibiotics for my open spots today. Ugh.
 
I was a “resident “ at Good Samaritan and have to say it was extremely clean, spacious and everyone was very kind. However.. I was glad to go home to my own bed.

Oh ladyala.. not getting sick are you? Have you had enough nutrition? I know that sounds lame but.. or are you ever prone to low blood sugar? Pray this is just a blip..

Maybe just curl up oh wait. Edit. Try .. try to get comfy with your pillows and hopefully get some healing sleep. Let us know tomorrow.
 
I only wish that I had lost my appetite. I was genuinely hoping for a bit of a weight loss boost from the surgery.
But seriously, if you aren't eating well you might consider picking up some protein shakes. They are easy to get down even when you don't feel interested in food. Many of them are fortified with extra vitamins, and your body really needs the protein right now.

I've been having a lot of trouble feeling cold recently. There is no excuse for it, its, well, hot as a swamp in July here. lol But now my normal house temperature leaves my hands cold. I think it might just be a normal part of healing, we're pretty depleted. Just dress a little warmer and keep an eye on the temps. I'm sure @Josephine can tell you at what point you need to be concerned about your temperature.
 
Praise the Lord my temp is normal this morning!! Hopefully that was just a weird blip that won't occur again.
I didn't have my best day nutrition wise yesterday so that may have contributed but who knows.
Thanks for your well wishes, I appreciate you all so much!!
:roseshwr:
 
Glad that temperature is gone! :happydance:
 
God is so good! Praise HIM that your fever is gone!

I found the hot tub helped me get the best stretches in the new knee. I started back into the pool around 6 weeks with my first knee. I didn't do the hot tub initially but maybe at 2 months and it always felt wonderful.
Not only should you not go in a hot tub with scabs, the hot water can cause extra swelling. If and when you try one, do it for only a very few minutes and see how your knee reacts. If you have any swelling now you should not go in a hot tub. Once your knee is healed enough to not swell anymore then hot tub should be OK. But, always check out your knee's reaction first.
 
So glad your temp is gone! I was often cold the first few weeks, figured it was both my body healing and the ice machine. But I am still using the ice machine but rarely am cold enough that I need to put a blanket on. So I think it was all the healing,.
 
I hope that you are feeling much better soon, wishing you speedy healing and restful sleep.
 
♥️♥️♥️ Happy to hear you’re better! Have good day and have treat yourself to special meal, wishing you a restful and uneventful weekend! :cheers:
 
Today was much better!! I took it mostly easy but did 10 minutes of daily living stuff here or there. I even helped daughter make chicken fajitas for dinner! (Yummo) Propped my leg on a stool so 'fred' could rest while I chopped things.

Unfortunately my hubby started feeling crummy this afternoon. I'm praying he feels better in the morning like I did. He tends to get hit harder by bugs though...poor guy.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Ladyala recovery
    20190727_174443.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 123
I had an absolutely lovely day today!
Church in the morning, home for long enough to ice up & change, then off for our church family picnic. It was beautiful outside, got to mid 80's but breezy & perfect in the shade. A couple teens close to my heart were baptized in the lake so I was grateful to witness that. Then I enjoyed chatting with friends & watching the able bodied folks go tubing & boating. My kids had a blast, we stuffed ourselves with wonderful food & I got a huge people fix.
I was able to keep my leg propped on a chair & I brought along a couple of ice packs so I didn't have any problems.
I went for a walk with one of my kids after dinner tonight too & no repercussions this far.
Yay for a wonderful day, God is good!
 
That sounds like a really lovely outing. I'm so envious of the pleasant weather.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom