TKR Ladyala recovery

Thanks friends, I appreciate your kind words, they always help!!
:ok:

I was down to 3 spots, now back to 4 with the possibility of more. Dr wants me to get it all out so anywhere that's tender & red I'm squeezing. (He literally said 'like a pimple' yeesh!)
First wash w soap, squeeze, rinse with hydrogen peroxide then a layer of antibiotic ointment.
Good clean fun around here!!

I finally did my exercises & took a walk but not as far today. Went around 2 block which was .33 of a mile. Fred was definitely more vocal today. Nothing major, just stiff.

Have any of you had trouble with your heels getting irritated? And if so did it go away eventually? Mine are driving me crazy. I don't like them resting on anything anymore. So I try to keep them hanging off the end of a pillow at all times.

Wishing you all a restful sleep tonight
:yawn::sleep:
 
I had undisolved suture that wanted to poke through and because of newly implanted pacemaker (have to avoid any infection on left side which just happens to be my new knee.. so on antibiotics for week then it just came out on its own one day. Or I would’ve had to squeeze . Yep enough tv for tonight, even though it was intriguing! You should sleep well with all that fresh air you enjoyed today! Kudos for getting out!
 
Remember that down days are completely normal. Your body is so busy behind the scenes. Like, if your knee was a kitchen remodel, the surgeon comes in and does the demolition and then drops in all the new appliances, but then your body still has to install all the new counter tops and re do the floors and maybe repaint. Every major surgery I've had, including this one, I've been warned that depression is a very common side effect. I think you're doing great!
My right heel hates me. I'm assuming it has to do with my much changed gait and that it will sort itself out. Might be worth asking a PT or your OS when you get a chance, just in case.
 
Have any of you had trouble with your heels getting irritated? And if so did it go away eventually?
Yes, I did. I had most of the problem when lying in bed. Once I got the Lounge Doctor my heels hung off and healed up. Before then I used lots of lotion with thin socks on afterwards. The heels actually cracked. OUCH. Then I used antibiotic cream until they healed. Afterwards the lotion helped a lot.
 
It never rains but it pours.
My hubby had a rough morning...dang deer jumped out in front of him & wham! Thankfully he wasn't hurt, it wasn't too far from home & he was able to limp his car back & grab my van. He wasn't even very late to work!

But now we have a big headache to figure out. We need to get that car in & get a rental asap. We leave for vacation a week from today. Thankfully a friend of mine has a car I can use in the meantime, I have PT tomorrow morning!

So I'm thanking God C is ok, we have good insurance & I'm praying all the little details will be worked out.

Including a pic of his poor car...it really got nailed!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Ladyala recovery
    20190801_091027.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 123
OUCH! That poor car. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. If that deer hadn't stopped your husband's car when it did, he might have had a much worse fate if he hadn't been. Thank God for His care!
 
Wow! It surely is "pouring" for you! Glad hubby is ok. Stay Calm and Carry On! (or just do what I do - eat chocolate!)
 
Methinks the deer did not live long! Too bad he couldn't salvage any meat, but it probably wouldn't be any good after that impact. We live in wheat country & a good chunk of his 1.5 hour commute is on curvy rural highways through rolling hills of wheat. Its beautiful but can be treacherous thanks to all the animals who don't know which way to run! I've had a few close calls in my school bus over the years but that's substantially safer than a camary!!

That car is a bit of a deer magnet, I think this is the 4th one hes hit. C hopes its totaled this time, hes ready for a bigger vehicle I think!! Of course we just paid it off 4 months ago.
:thud:
 
My hubby had similar incident couple years ago with his new (to him) car. The deer flew over car and never seen again..those critters can cause great damage! Glad no one was injured..
 
Too bad he couldn't salvage any meat, but it probably wouldn't be any good after that impact.
Actually, the meat is fine if you get it right away. My grandfather worked for the NY State Thruway and was often able to bring home a freshly killed deer.
I'm glad hubby was ok, even if the car is a mess.
 
Oh mylanta I'm tired!
PT this morning, 3 errands & now home to ice ice ICE!
And I have more news regarding vehicles...guess what happened to my hubby this morning on the way to work? Betcha can't guess!
Yup, another :censored: deer!! This time only the headlight was damaged so he was able to get to work. Now we get to find a minivan to rent before Thursday.
When it rains...
:sigh:
 
@Ladyala Oh my goodness!!!!!:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

That is crazy!!!!! I'm glad he's okay and the car is "sort of" okay.
 
Heres my poor car. Apparently the bulb still works!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Ladyala recovery
    20190802_164340.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 134
Oh. My. Goodness. What are the odds?? Sounds like Black Hills!! The deer roam our backyard every night and sometimes forget to look before crossing road so common occurrence here too. But twice in a week??:flabber:
 
Wow!!!! Check your cars for salt licks!!! OMG!!! :holysheep:
 
Oh my goodness! Sounds like his schedule is exactly meeting the early morning rush for deer out and about. Can he adjust his work schedule 20 minutes either way? When we lived in a high deer traffic area, that was helpful when dawn and dusk met my usual timing.
 
That might work but he gets up at 3:30 already & I don't think he wants to get up earlier. Good suggestion though!
 
I'm pretty down in the dumps today. Frustrated with all the insurance claims, getting a rental, our rental allowance vs actual cost of a rental, logistics of picking one up...
:flabber::gaah:

Then there's the fact that this all happened days before a vacation. Thank the Lord I have amazing parents...we cant afford the extra cost of renting a van or SUV & the cost of vacation so they are covering the extra for us. We have plenty of $ saved for one or the other but not both. And we need a vehicle in which I can stretch my leg out & elevate. Driving 7+ hours with it down would be horrible!

Ok. Gotta call the rental place...here we go.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom