THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

Day 26
Three weeks & five days
Not a very long time and still thrilling. My head hits the pillow & the only thing that wakes me may be a nature call.
I still cannot fold up to put on socks tho I was told that I was allowed to do it. Permission v ability... just add time.
All the best!
 
The thrill of the discovery of what your body can do as the weeks go by is life changing.

It's a feeling of renewal after years of pain.

Very happy for you. :catbutterfly: :loveshwr:
 
One month Hipversary!:tada:
Hope things are continuing to improve and your Sunday is sweet.:SUNsmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day 31
Family came to visit for Thanksgiving with two beautiful Golden Retrievers and our little house was constant motion and mayhem and laughter!
These are highly trained retrievers and everything on the ground outside was proudly brought in to us and visa versa! Everything outside came in and everything inside went out.
They found every cat toy we ever had. The old hose timer. The turtle shell that an animal dropped in the yard. All treasures!

I love these dogs because I can relate to their enthusiasm. My every day is filled with joyfulness. Breakfast with my husband because he makes me laugh outloud, every single day. Walking painfree to the sink with our dishes. Being able to almost get my socks on!

It is the little things. Yay!

I am grateful to this site and its great moderators for their care.
Thanks for listening!
 
Some of my best holiday memories involves the family pets. So happy you had a good holiday.
We have a almost 6 month old puppy and even he was invited to our family and friends dinner. We brought his crate to give him down time and he actually behaved quite well!
Oh and husbands that make us laugh, that's pretty darn special too.
Have a great day!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great update!
I love Golden Retrievers and it sounds like the dogs were the main event, not the turkey. :wink:
Lots of blessings in your life to be thankful for. Thanks for joining us and sharing your progress here.
Happy Sunday and Happy One Month Anniversary! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a wonderful day with family and Goldens! Love the description of the dogs being true to their breed! Thanks for the lovely update :puppysmooze:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoy reading your posts. They are a little infusion of positivity into my day. I grew up in the US, but I live in Canada. Even after 15+ years living up here, I get a little homesick on Thanksgiving. It was nice to read about your house being enveloped in the best kind of mayhem!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My house is "bring your dog" friendly. Love having my 3 grand dogs when my son & family come for dinner. My partners daughter has enormous black lab named Jack, he's such a sweetheart. I love labs and Goldens, they are puppies their entire lives and exude joy!
I do dog sit a little terrier (looks like Toto), he's my energizer bunny dog, my feet hit the floor in AM and he's ready to go! He was here Thanksgiving and Friday, picked up on Saturday, keeps me walking, 4 miles each day. Not all at once but over course of day, keeps me moving and the body needs it.
We are having friends over for pre-holiday visit and dinner, they have 9 month old French bull dog that will come along.
I love animals!
Happy Monday!
 
My house is "bring your dog" friendly. Love having my 3 grand dogs when my son & family come for dinner. My partners daughter has enormous black lab named Jack, he's such a sweetheart. I love labs and Goldens, they are puppies their entire lives and exude joy!
I do dog sit a little terrier (looks like Toto), he's my energizer bunny dog, my feet hit the floor in AM and he's ready to go! He was here Thanksgiving and Friday, picked up on Saturday, keeps me walking, 4 miles each day. Not all at once but over course of day, keeps me moving and the body needs it.
We are having friends over for pre-holiday visit and dinner, they have 9 month old French bull dog that will come along.
I love animals!
Happy Monday!
Gee, @myglasshalffull you walk 4 miles at 11 months PO that is amazing. And your dog-sitting is wonderful!
 
Day 32
I wonder what it is like to be able to take someone's pain away. I know that many are not enjoying the same recovery that I have to date, and I pray that they find solutions really soon.

I have been back to the surgeon's office for the two week and four week checkups and go again this week for an xray. I take something home-baked for the office staff and took a hand-written note for my surgeon in which I tried to express what my life is like now, post op and with thanks.

All through this journey I have run into other patients of my surgeon and all have had good results. The day of my surgery I know he had four procedures planned and then got a few emergency fractures. He popped in to see me at 8:30pm that night and was still alert and ready. What a gift.

I gush over my surgeon but he waves it off. I wonder if he ever stops to think of all of the lives that he has changed.
My ENT, however, has told me that he never wants to work in ER.
Both these docs are well suited for their chosen paths.
All the best!
 
Great update! And I bet the surgeon does appreciate the feedback and appreciation of his excellent skills and care. It may seem like he waved it off .... yet he also probably treasures such expressions!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What a lovely thing to do! I'm sure it's appreciated -- especially by the office staff who so rarely get acknowledged for their contributions.

:roseshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually almost 2 years post op, my one year anniversary last winter I was managing 2 miles a day. And the 4 miles I do now is broken up over course of the day not all at once. I remember telling my doctor how much I enjoyed walking prior to fracturing my hip. She told me best to break up the walk into a few walks a day than try to do it all at once so that's how I approach it.
I also volunteer at a rescue kennel and walk those dogs several times a week.
I love dogs and walking so it's a win win for me and the dogs.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day 33
My dear New Hip:
We are only one-twelfth of the way to being mostly healed. That isn't much. I guess that's what you were trying to tell me at 2:50 am when you woke me up.
Was it because in the garage yesterday I said to you `I wonder if this widget is to much to carry right now'.
Or the way I sharply pivoted instead of taking several small steps in the kitchen? Too much PT?
Oh I know, it was when I bent down from the waist to pet Pi who was laying across my feet (who can resist that face??)
Anyway I am sorry that I was careless. Today, I promise ice, elevation, rest, tiny steps, the heating pad, a walk outside, anything you want.
I will take your silence to mean that I am on the right track.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Very clever! I hope you have a peaceful day and bounce back quickly.
Lots of comfort to you! :console2:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom