Guest viewing is limited

THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

“Then one day, my leg jumped into bed by itself. Amazing!”

That is truly amazing and I can only hope while I continue to use the leg lifter, which I considered amazing in itself the first time I used it!! So glad convalescence is going well for you. Blessings
 
“Then one day, my leg jumped into bed by itself. Amazing!”
Milestones...something you couldn't do last week or two days ago but then you do it and you are overjoyed!
Mine was just getting into the car normally instead of sitting on my butt with feet outside then swinging both legs in! First time I went in with right leg (surgery side) and then left I was shocked and said to myself, "did I just do that?" LOL!
 
At first my hip did not like extra weight at all- I switched from a shoulder bag to a crossbody. I felt off balance. I switched over to grocery service as it lets me carry groceries from my porch to the kitchen. It’s the little things that help make it easier.
 
A positive attitude is 50% of the healing process.
You are proof at only 4 weeks doing great coping with one of top ten surgeries that has the most painful recovery. And also has a huge impact to improve our mobility and quality of Our lives.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day 21
Or only three weeks.
Today I was telling my husband what a great opportunity it would be if someone invented a cane that was also a grabber. Afterall, when I have to carry them both, then my hands are full. And the one I want to use is always in the wrong hand.
And if I just have the grabber, I try to tap it like a cane.
The downside is, though, when (not if) I drop the cane, the grabber picks it up. If it was a two-in-one and fell down, then there I go again having to do the golfer's reach.

And I am going to stick with this grabber. The ferals love it when their delicious dishes just appear and come down from Up Above without getting too close to a human.

And someone should invent these undies in women's style. I am talking about these undies that my surgeon's nurse has me wearing. They are men's long boxer undies, a really soft knit and oh so comfy. Stylin' to wear with a jammy top, compression socks and those nonslip socks.

All the best! :yes!:
 
A positive attitude is 50% of the healing process.
You are proof at only 4 weeks doing great coping with one of top ten surgeries that has the most painful recovery . And also has a huge impact to improve our mobility and quality of Our lives.
Oh I didn't see this post! Thank you!
My blood type is be positive!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yup the dropping of support devices is real! One time I was home alone and need to get up to go to the loo. Dropped both crutches, tried to use the grabber to lever them up, dropped that too! Fortunately I had a back scratcher with in reach ( had been scratching an itch on my foot earlier) and was able to use that to lever up the crutches without breaking the 90 degree restriction. Fun times!

Those grabbers are wonderful for most things but, sigh, I did learn they don't work very well to pick up small things like coins. Learned that by accidentally dumping my purse on the floor. Coins had to stay floor bound until my house mate got home from work and could pick them up for me.

With my cats, I moved their feeding station to the end of my dining room table ( with water proof cover over table ) so I did not have to bend or depend on a grabber to get their meals served. They thought that was a wonderful plan! And I used a garden watering can to fill their water bowl so no spilling :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I use to dine with them. Alas they have both gone to the Rainbow Bridge. One was 15yo and the other was 17yo when they left. I miss them both a lot!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I use to dine with them. Alas they have both gone to the Rainbow Bridge. One was 15yo and the other was 17yo when they left. I miss them both a lot!
So sad when our fur friends leave us, my Siamese was 18 and my yellow lab 13, my Rhodesian was only 10 but had mast cell cancer. Now I walk rescue dogs and dog sit a little terrier a few days a week, his Dad is a fireman and does 24 hour shift so he comes and stays here with me, yesterday we walked 4 miles! Not all at once, over course of the day. His name is Ernie and he goes everywhere with me when I have him, his Dad just picked him up.
Our weather treated us to 64 degrees here yesterday and looks like a bonus day today. We strung Christmas lights on outside tree, take advantage of the good weather!
Stay well everyone!
 
Day 22
My husband rode his scooter & I walked the most steps yet: about 1,600!! Really pretty day.
My wrists are doing something strange though. Sharp pain twice. Maybe all the pushing up off the bed & chairs have irritated something.
All the best!
 
My hands, wrists and arms are sire in different places from being used differently. My left hand is especially sore from the cane I use outside of the house.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Take care with the wrists,arms and shoulders.
All the pushing up and extra work the upper body does to take pressure off the lower body can cause a whole lot of other problems.
 
Take care with the wrists,arms and shoulders.
All the pushing up and extra work the upper body does to take pressure off the lower body can cause a whole lot of other problems.
This is an important topic. My hip wasn't the only pain I had, and all those painkillers masked everything, which added to my feeling of relief.
 
Day 23
I am getting a better focus.
Three traumas to my rt knee resulting in months of non-weight bearing meant my left side has done all the heavy lifting.
Docs focus on repairing the injury and not the impact that it has on the whole body.
For instance, a tendon was torn in my foot when I broke my tibial plateau but no one saw it until years later when I complained to a foot doc. I have a healed but severed tendon.
My wrist pain just came as it held this tablet. Off to get my lapboard.
I always now ask my PT "How can I protect my other joints when doing this". Must keep whole body in view.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day 24
Counting by day may turn into counting by week, then by month.

My day starts at dark-thirty wi toe wiggles and feeding the feral.
Then back to bed with delicious coffee until time to get up.

My new joint has been introducing itself as all the anethsesia & Oxy work their way out of my system. My joint used to flow, but now in the morning feels sluggish. I can get about with no problem but it just feels slightly thick. So instead of icing I put a heat pad under my leg (never on the incision) as recommended by my Surgeon's nurse, and that helps. Later I ice.
All the best!!
 
Ahh that thick feeling.

You’re doing everything right, it’s just a matter of time. Enjoy your coffee. And your feral, adorable pic. We have 2 rescues, Sassy, all white, she’s crazy, and Crab Rangoon, she’s tuxedo and she was a feral barn cat that failed as a feral barn cat. It took awhile,but she’s sweet and very happy with us.
 
Ahh that thick feeling.

You’re doing everything right, it’s just a matter of time. Enjoy your coffee. And your feral, adorable pic. We have 2 rescues, Sassy, all white, she’s crazy, and Crab Rangoon, she’s tuxedo and she was a feral barn cat that failed as a feral barn cat. It took awhile,but she’s sweet and very happy with us.
@dnordo220 So good of you to take them in. I did not intend to be responsible for nine but once the process of trapping spaying & releasing them kind of oh wait kind of? let's be honest; once i spent the months trapping spaying & releasing them we were all very attached.
As with any wild animal, just add food and you are theirs forever. At least I am. So I don't feed any other wild animals what?? Jeez I feed the hummingbirds who knock on the door when their thing is dry, & fed a handicapped fawn for  two years morning & night, an hour each time, because she had an articulated jaw. That is a long story.
It has gotten where I am not allowed to look out the window.
 
I have all kinds of joint pains and that was one thing I really noticed with my first THR. It wasn't the pain pills as much as the sit and rest part that really made the rest of my body feel a lot better.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom