Guest viewing is limited

THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

To find out about this recent quadracep pain, I have made a January 2025 appointment wi the doc who has taken over my original surgeon's office.
In the meantime, I am taking 400 mgs Ibuprophen then 4 hrs later taking 2 325 mgs Tylenol and it has helped.
 
My surgeon reminded me today that with an anterior approach there is minimal disruption but there can be soft tissue issues, which I am having so I am to continue strengthening, stretching & massage.
There is so much power and relief when I understand why I hurt. I seem to hurt less!!

Peace
 
I agree, if you have X-Ray & everything is where it should be it's such a relief. I've had a few X-Rays early on thinking I surely had done something to my hip but I hadn't. Just knowing it's ok you can deal with whatever pain you are feeling.
 
One year & almost three full months:
I am thinking about this soft tissue pain and what could have caused it.
I heeded all the early cautions - no leg lifts, easy PT, walking.
But in April 2024, seven months after my hip surgery (which was really going great) I smushed three toes on my right foot, badly breaking one & it took 7 months to heal, instead of three. In the beginning I had to be non-weight bearing meaning my new hip had to do all the heavy lifting (including that huge plastic boot!). I think that may be why I am having this soft tissue issue.
So, the lesson here is take it easy. Even if you are taking it easy, take it easier!!

Peace
 
Thanks for stopping to update and share a friendly cautionary warning. I am sorry to read about your foot injury and now the soft tissue issue. Your assumption in regard to the origin of the pain sounds reasonable. I hope the discomfort eases for you soon.
Take care, Kritterkiddo and have a lovely weekend! :)
@Kritterkiddo
 
Thank you @Layla
One other recommendation the surgeon said to try is some kind of nubby roller to rub over the IT band, which is my tender area, but I don't know what that device is.
Does anyone else know?
 
Likely a Foam Roller
Try an online search for "foam roller image". You'll probably recognize it. Cylinder type shaped piece of firm foam.
 
Wow Kitter, that sounds painful breaking the toes, ouch!
And having to wear boot certainly must have aggravated the new hip, so sorry.
My GF broke her big toe a few months ago & she's been having rough time of it, she has a boot too.
I think any injury on your feet is difficult to deal with, let's face it, our feet do the most work out of rest of our body holding us up, walking, etc.
 
Likely a Foam Roller
Try an online search for "foam roller image". You'll probably recognize it. Cylinder type shaped piece of firm foam.
I found it... a muscle roller stick. Thanks for the tip!!
 
You're welcome! If you get one, read up on it and ease into using it.
Have a great Sunday and week! :wave:
@Kritterkiddo
 
Great news, Kritterkiddo!
Many notice improvement into their second and third years post op.
I'm happy for you! :thumb:
@Kritterkiddo
 
Just started my third year of recovery & I'll tell you, Year 2 was amazing so onward & upward. I always feel like I'm still "recovering" even though my day to day life is back to normal!
 
Just started my third year of recovery & I'll tell you, Year 2 was amazing so onward & upward. I always feel like I'm still "recovering" even though my day to day life is back to normal!
Hi, I guess I expected to be healed in the first year. So you are still noticing improvement?
 
Kitterkiddo,
Yes, I was totally fine after Year one, experiencing a small set back because I went back to work as a server at a very busy restaurant & 3 weeks later I was hurting! But wasn't my hip, it was my back but it improved with ice/rest etc.
I'd say at 6 months post op I was pretty much good to go but I think the healing process continues & my one year anniversary I vacationed & was totally fine. Then Year 2 began & I noticed continued improvement in stamina & no hip discomfort at all, it was like I never had a replacement.
Just started Year 3 & all is going well.
We all recover differently & at different stages.
 
Wow Kitter, that sounds painful breaking the toes, ouch!
And having to wear boot certainly must have aggravated the new hip, so sorry.
My GF broke her big toe a few months ago & she's been having rough time of it, she has a boot too.
I think any injury on your feet is difficult to deal with, let's face it, our feet do the most work out of rest of our body holding us up, walking, etc.
Sorry to hear about your GF's broken big toe. I wanted to mention to you that I saw a podiatrist for my toes but my hip surgeon said to use one of those hard flat healing shoes, too, so that my achilles tendon stayed healthy. Just a thought. I don't want to go against her doctor's instructions.
Mine were broken 11 months ago and are still touchy. I change shoes a bunch of times each day. Mostly trying to keep open-toed shoes on and massaging the toes often. We must take our healing very seriously.

Peace
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom