Guest viewing is limited

THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

At the top of each posting box there is a smily face icon. Click on it and our emoji selection area drops down. Scroll down for lots of options. :kittykiss:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pi sounds absolutely fantastic <3
Pi is!! OM gosh he loves the water, kayaks, retrieves, comes when called, always learning. But do you think he would sit in my lap? No. For two years I begged him to sit on my lap. Then would you believe, the night before my surgery, he wanted to get into my lap.
But since we were cautioned to not let anything touch the hip area, I had to discourage him.
And he's back to hugging my calves and loving all this napping a lot.
 
Oh cats are going to cat and do things on their own time line. The purr-a-medics are wonderful recovery companions! Hopefully, when you and he are ready, Pi will think again of becoming a lap cat. They do seem to know the most perfectly wrong time to suddenly change their ways.

I had a rescue cat years ago who took a very long time to heal from what I suspect was kitty PTSD. It took nearly 2 years for her to allow any petting. She always startled if petted from behind but was fine if she saw and smelled the hand coming. Madame Wang ( very elegant looking part Siamese) eventually became a champion lap cat and was wonderfully affectionate once she realized my boys and I were gentle and sincerely loved cats.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
love purr-a-medics! I hope that you are right about that.
My other cat would sleep on whichever of my parts was up: stomach, side, or back. So funny.
 
Dear Diary,
Today is Day 11, I am told, and no OA pain!
Imagine my surprise when my PT and I walked outside and down the street! The weather is cooperating and my top jammy matched my bottom jammy so all is good!
A few hours later fatigue and a hip ache came on so I am off to ice & elevate.
Pls note, too, that all is 'regular.
What else should I keep track of here?
Please also note that there are so many interesting peeps on this site.
:SUNsmile:
 
That is so sweet...pets really do bring us love and comfort. My cats hung around with me during recovery.
 
Love your kitty story! I have a few that attach to my legs also. Continued good recovery to you.
 
Ollie hanging on my lap as I take a rest in bed with my legs up!!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery
    16993062175738279714132577019043.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 64
Ollie's gorgeous, looks like my Pi Manydots!! And I thought I had an one-of-a-kind. I mean, fairy dust fell from my eyes when he head bumped my ankle for the first time. And you have one, too!!
Do you think there are others?!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day 12
Voting day!
My hubby, who has mobility issues, too, got up early, and we decided, as if it was pre new hip, to get to the polls early, get gas, grocery shop & go to breakfast!!
Hahahahaha :rotfl:
An hour later by the time I got into the car I said 'today's goal is to vote.'
We also managed to get gas & drive thru breakfast to take home.
And when we got home I swear someone had come in and cluttered up our little house. Cat dishes, towels, empty water bottles on the counter. And the bed looked like someone had been sleeping in it for a week & never bothered to make it Oh wait, that's true. TEDS, nonstick socks (clean :what:) hanging on the chair arm.
I didn't recognize the place.
I was sweaty, tired, hip discomfort & half hour late for pill.
However, I had all the tools in place to fix this. Fresh jammies, pain pill, ice packs & beddy-bye.
I feel blessed & grateful.
Nighty-night (it is 11am!)
More later
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's quite an excursion for so early out! Easy does it my friend. And please don't worry about cleaning and chores. It will all get done in time. Can you maybe hire a teenager to clean for you for awhile?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day 14
Today I attended the 2 wk PO appointment wi my surgeon's nurse. My unbandaged incision was clean with no bruising and she put glue on it.
We covered meds going forward and set the next appointment two weeks out.
To date my experience has been positive. I know this is a slow steady effort to achieve the best outcome. So I am not complaining but was a little disappointed that I wasn't cleared to drive and to do without the cane.
Maybe tomorrow my PT will say abracadabra, no cane!!
All the best!!
 
You are doing an awesome job of recovery, maybe pushing yourself a bit much. You may want to keep the cane for a few weeks or months, yet. It will be handy for the unexpected step onto uneven ground, when you find yourself suddenly surrounded by persons hurrying in the opposite direction, or when it turns out your destination was farther than you thought. It’s easy enough to walk with a cane only putting as much weight as you need to on it, or not even really using it to support your hip. You are way early in recovery and you want to be ready for ups and downs as they crop up. Blessings
 
Day 15
Last inhome PT visit. We reviewed the required exercises, walked outside & went over some particular tasks that I wanted to make sure I was safe to do.

On another note, who knew that even if one is 'regular' and reducing Oxy and taking stool softeners, one can wake up suddenly constipated. Guess one should add more apples!

All the best!
 
Day 17
I wonder if pain meds help with healing because they affect the injury, or because they keep us quieter.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom