Guest viewing is limited

TKR Knees 1 AND 2 up and running

FG -- sorry. Must be a NC thing. Woot! means yay, good for you, yippee, way to go, thumbs up , etc.




Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Thanks, you have extended my vocabulary. I can't wait to try it out. :)
 
My hip and groin area are killing me. It comes in waves, with underlying constant pain. It's pain in the hip socket that radiates outward and up the back of my hip. I can't tell if the groin is referred from hip or something different. Ice helps for a short time, as did the tennis ball that Suz suggested, but just for a minute or so. Heat doesn't help. I took some oxy for the first time in days/weeks but it hasn't touched it, added ibuprofen and tramadol - still not much better. I'd say it's a 6-7/10. Sometimes an 8.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Oh my goodness. Did you do something different? It sounds awful. Have you tried heat? It sounds like anything is worth a try.
 
You probably havery done too much on Thursday with the treadmill and your leg/knee is complaining loudly now. It's just been one month and you are pushing a little bit too hard on that new knee so it is letting you know.
 
I did try heat.

NB, you're probably right about treadmill . I did it again yesterday and today . I thought just 10-15 minutes was OK. Obviously not.

It's easing up a little after all those meds. I'll be on ice for a while. This is much worse than any knee pain I've had.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
@Floridagal
"Woot" is just another expression for Yippee, Hooray,or way to go! I think all of us on BS can relate to even minimal improvements with such gusto, however small they are :yahoo:
 
It is definitely too long on the treadmill. I hope you feel better soon!
 
Wow, what a horrible day! Rest, rest. Hope you get pain in control enough to sleep.
 
Thanks y'all. I'm still icing, will probably ice all night. I guess I was thinking I could walk on treadmill as long as it didn't hurt or swell, since I'm not going to PT (didn't reschedule after I was "discharged" prior to my surgery that was cancelled). But 3 days in a row, plus a mile on the recumbent bike each day was pure stupid.

My knee is not much more swollen -- it's my hip and groin that hurt so badly. Ridiculous to do this to myself. Hopefully I can sleep and wake up to less pain. I thought I had s high pain tolerance but this has knocked me for a loop. I can't remember ever hurting this badly except when I was in labor. I almost fainted getting off toilet and twisted my other knee on the way down. I'm icing it now, too. I am basically a human Popsicle from
The waist down.

Please say prayers for decreased pain. I know I'm being hateful to my husband but it seems like every little noise is magnified a hundred times. He is having s snack snd I just blasted him with, "can't you chew a little more quietly?". Poor man.

Tomorrow will be a better day, no doubt.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
I am sorry you're in so much pain. Did you take something for the pain?
 
it's my hip and groin that hurt

Ok so how nuts is this. You are exactly describing the pain I'm feeling, BUT my hip is FAKE (THR 3/14) so maybe what we are both feeling is not really the hip at all? I've been concerned my fake hip is failing, but seeing we are sharing a common pain maybe back to the "total body adjustment" theory.

Sure is a ZIG-ZAG of a roller coaster ride isn't this?

Hope we BOTH lose this pain ASAP
 
Shelia,
I'm surprised your post-op knee can handle the treadmill for 15 min... does it hurt when you walk? Honestly with my first knee, I wasn't able to ride an ex bike until 6 weeks post op and very s-l-o-w-l-y. Treadmills just kill my knees. :groan:
I had to laugh when you asked your hubby "if he could chew more quietly":heehee: I think i'v said something similar a few times:hissy:
What are you taking for pain? I hope you find some relief that works for you :console2:
 
Thank y'all. Dianeshelen -- Msybe it IS our body's readjusting.

After oxy, tramadol, ibuprofen and Tylenol, ice and heat to hip I finally went to sleep around 4. The pain is much better today but I am moving slowly and cautiously. Today is 98% rest and ice.

I think it was the treadmill. I could not use treadmill before surgery due to knee pain. It felt so good to use it and get use of my new knee- but I bet I put most of my weight on new knee (and the hip on that side). Lesson learned.

I feel hungover from all those meds but very grateful not to be in agony.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Majella - I'm glad I'm not alone in the husband - snitting. Bless him, he was trying to be sweet but every man-sound was amplified. Add college football to that mix, and he's lucky I felt too bad to get up and bonk him.

Thank you, Karri - I took one of everything I had, almost.

Here's to a better day and lessons learned.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
@sheliac , I sent you a pm about how to send a pm. Touch the inbox and it should come right up on your screen.
 
@sheliac
I haven't had any problems with treadmill and have worked up to a mile. I have no problems doing 27 steps going up and down. However, yesterday we went to an RV show and today I am really hurting from going up and down all the steps to get in and out. And I am selective which ones I go in. Some of the steps were really high off the ground. I feel like I have used muscles I didn't know I had! So now I have to stay off the treadmill for a few days so I don't aggravate it. Actually, knee feels ok.... it's all the surrounding areas that are hurting, although knee hurt enough last night to get a hydrocodone.
 
Sheila you are just 4 weeks out. Too soon for all of that. Your soft tissues are not happy! Since you are looking at another TKR soon, just do simple walking. And 10 mins is enough on a bike at this point. I developed aching in my opposite hip from overcompensating for the weakened side. My PT did gentle stretching and manual traction which helped. But that was months out.
Had a good laugh about the husband chewing!
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom