TKR kneeper's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad she is responding well.
Healing thoughts coming her way and a hug coming your way.
Toothfairy
:friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] kneeper's done!
for your mother and
[Bonesmart.org] kneeper's done!
for you.
 
Healing thoughts and prayers are on their way! I hope she continues to improve. Big hug! :kittykiss: :xmaskitty:
 
Hi Kneeper,

Prayers for your mother to keep improving. And for you and the family. It takes so much out of us when dealing with crisis that involves our loved ones. Be good to yourself and know we care!

Dawn
 
Kneeper I have fibro too, and could be that is adding to your pain too. I know with doing PT, really makes me extra achey too. Praying for a good outcome for your Mom. Hugs!
 
Thanks everyone! She's still having atrial fib issues, but seems to be improving on new meds. She about talked my ear off on the phone today--a good sign! the docs hope she'll be out of the hospital by the end of the week. I'm just far enough away to make going there tricky--and now a blizzard heading our way. And in our family you don't want to send a signal that you're too worried by taking off work and swooping in. Luckily my sister lives in town and is taking good care of her.
 
I managed to fall in the driveway this AM. Not on slick ice but catching my foot on a raised piece of ice that I didn't see. :doh: I think I careened a bit, couldn't catch my balance and went down on my side. Luckily only a little sore on the side I fell on, but didn't hit the knees. I struggled a bit with my grindy left knee to get up but my *tkr knee was nice and strong.* I've gotten up and down from the floor before but always with something to grab onto. Pretty pleased I managed it without help.
 
[Bonesmart.org] kneeper's done!
I'm pretty pleased you didn't seriously hurt, sprain or break anything. Hope you won't feel worse tomorrow (I would mention that, wouldn't I?). Take care, watch carefully where you're going while there's ice around. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] kneeper's done!
 
Oh boy Kneeper, so glad you are okay. I bought a jug of ice melt and have it in my car, completely paranoid about ice this winter!

Take care!
 
Falling is the biggest scare isn't it, well, that and infection. Glad you didn't hurt yourself, but like Judy said, you might be more sore tomorrow. Muscles you didn't know you had will be telling you that you fell down. Good going on getting up too, that is why I say we should always practice that in safe conditions.
 
Yikes! That's my worry too! It is really icy here today and I worried about slipping at work or while I was out shopping tonight. I looked like a sloth walking through the lots but I didn't care. I WASN'T going to fall! LOL
 
Thanks everyone for your good wishes.
Yeah, I always walk extremely slow when it looks icy. What I really hate is the parking lot at work which is always like a skating rink.

This was weird because it was kind of uneven snowy ice and I was walking carefully--I thought. I have a nice bruise on the side of my thigh and the side of my neck on the other side feels a little strained but really not much worse for wear. I did find muscles from shoveling and wrestling the snowblower around on Thursday, though.
I always try to remember to put my cell phone in a reachable pocket when I go out in icy weather in case I have to call for help if I fall.
 
Mom's back in the hospital. :(
 
Oh Darn!
I am so sorry Mom is back in the hospital. What a lousy way to spend Christmas! Is it the AF?
What a bummer. Sending prayers your way.
Stay off the ice.
Sandy
 
So sorry to hear. I hope she gets healed quickly! Maybe it will be your Christmas miracle. Take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom