TKR kneeper's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. Things took an unexpected turn for the worse and Mom passed away on Christmas. I'm still having trouble accepting it but am soldiering on the best I can. Family and friends help a bit and I decided to come on here today b/c you guys are part of my support network too.
 
[Bonesmart.org] kneeper's done!
kneeper, you are in my thoughts and prayers at this very difficult time in your life. God bless you and keep you. Judy
 
Sorry to hear about your mom, no matter when it happens it is difficult to lose a parent. Will keep you in my prayers.
 
I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. You are in my thoughts. It is never easy. May she live on forever in your heart and memories.
 
Kneeper, so sorry for your loss. I know how difficult this is. With time, it will sting less. For now, know that we care.

((((Hugs)))))

Dawn
 
Kneeper, I'm so sorry about your mom! It's never, never easy to lose a mom, no matter what the situation. And i'm sorry it happened at Christmas. :(
 
Sorry about your Mom. Its ruff when its around the holiday. Take each day at a time. Keep posting so we know you are ok. Tashia
 
Taking a short walk, some trips up and down stairs and an hour late taking my 3rd dose of tylenol--and "Grindy" is telling me today how dependent I am on regular doses of acetaminophen & voltaren cream.:sad:
Also it's been starting that "going out" thing when I take a corner or pivot. The OS has said it's ready any time I am. My rheumy has said I should wait given my age. :skep: I'm thinking next summer will be the time-- I don't want to wait until it's as bad as the last one...
 
Kneeper, I am so sorry about the passing of your mom. (((HUGS)))
My other knee (non TKA) flares up every so often, too, and causes me to start limping again like I needed to before my TKA! I think I can get another 2 years out of it, I hope.
Hang in there! :flwrysmile:
 
Just popping in to keep my thread active. Still the same muscle? tendon? issues in the tkr leg (soreness in the lower thigh above the kneecap, in line with the scar& a bit toward the outer side of the leg) but I think the knee itself is fine. I suspect it's related to my RA or fibro & I may have had it before the surgery but didn't realize because then everything in the area hurt. Now I can differentiate. A theory anyway.:shrug: Orthodoc
 
Oh just caught your threat Kneeper and so sorry to hear the sad news about your Mom. I am sending you belated condolences.
 
Hi Kneeper, not much to say except hello and hope you feel better with this issue that's crept up!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Hi Kneeper,

Sorry to hear that the knee still gives you some problems. Its tough to say what the cause of this would be just from descriptions over the internet. Based on your previous posts, I know you are doing much better than before surgery.

Even though I can't say for sure in your case, I find that a subset of patients continue to have some aches and pains (after TKR), but still feel much better than before surgery. This is not unusual at all. My concerns would be much greater if you were having worsening pain, pain that stopped you from activities, new mechanical grinding or instability, new swelling, or pain that interfered with sleeping.

Yes, it is possible that this is just going to the new normal for you, and could be related to fibromyalgia. The most important thing is to make sure that your OS does not think that there is any specific issue with the knee prosthesis.

I hope your knee improves.

Orthodoc
 
Kneeper, I am just catching up on your thread. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. You have my deepest sympathy. :console2:
 
Thanks KathyH & ElanorG. It's been hard but I'm hanging in.
Thanks Orthodoc. It does not seem to be from the joint itself. None of the telltale symptoms you describe. As you say, maybe it's the new normal--and the new normal is great compared to the old normal!
 
Thanks for your recent post on my recovery thread. I just went through yours to refresh my memory. I sort of do this forum in spurts. I'm glad for your new normal and hope you have a whole series of new normal with each better than the previous.
 
Got to see my OS this week to ask about the soft tissue pain. Xrays look great. He checked a bunch of things (IT band fine) and says I still need to work on my quad strength. Because that leg was so weak before the surgery things are taking longer & I've been unintentionally compensating with the other leg instead of building up the tkr leg as much as I should. So back to my quad exercises. fingers crossed
Orthodoc I'm tagging you so you can see after all my questions etc :doh: what I found out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom