Kneeling

Went to the beach today and swam. It felt so good to be in the surf and floating the swells. Didnt body surf or boogie board but enjoyed it just the same. Spf 50 with zinc on the scar.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I kept spf 50 on my scar the whole first summer, but I keep spf all the time anyway. Just super careful with the scar.
 
I made it to Savannah, stopping each hour or so. Walmart makes a great air conditioned track


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good going! I'm so glad you made it.
 
Its funny you said what I'm thinking about Walmart! It's too hot for me to walk outside (I hate to sweat) so I've been considering doing my walk in the nearby Walmart!
 
I love getting out and coming in dripping! I know, little crazy!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Our malls in town open up early before the stores do and that's where a lot of people go to walk.
 
Made it to Orlando. Walked from Hotel last night to forage for food and didnt really think about Bubba at all. Had a 2+ hour delay in the cat due to an accident so by the time I got to the hotel it was time for some ice machine love for about 90 minutes. Good tip to bring it along.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Mine even went camping with me the first 9 months!
 
Driving home tomorrow. Enjoyed my trip except for the driving.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Did the drive in 12 hours and none the worse for wear. Took frequent breaks, walked, butt kicks and squatsish. Not bad for an old dude if I do say so myself.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good job! I know you are glad to be back.
 
24 hours later flew to Wisconsin for 2 weeks. Stairs. Not sure what to think about something that makes my old knee feel worse than my new. Hopefully adding strength to both.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're bound to be getting both knees stronger. Many times my old knee wants to act up, too.
 
Went back to my happy place today! Was able to boogie board and walk a mile along the shore. I am getting the August Itch to get back in my classroom to prep for a new group
Of students. This year feels so much better without the pain of my old knee! My distance is up to 2.7 miles a few days a week and I am doing 30 squats per day to strengthen my leg/hip area. There is light folks!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
[Bonesmart.org] Kneeling
 
wow, you have made an amazing recovery. i can't even drive 20 minutes without becoming stiff and sore. enjoy the rest of the summer before school starts and back to routine.
 
Thanks for that hopeful post Dadman!!! Something for me to look forward to in another 3 months!
 
Thanks for giving us such a positive update. Even though all recoveries are different, as you say it shows people there is life waiting for them.
 
Great walking too! The beach is my happy place, but it's 8 hours away :sad:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom