Guest viewing is limited

Kneeling

Yay! That sounds great! Your swelling must be way down. Success!
 
One year post-op and doing well.
members pic.jpg
 
looks great. your incision has faded quite a bit (compared to mine) and i don't see any pronounced swelling. does it feel strong and solid and pain-free? wonderful recovery.
 
Not sure what I did. I am having pain on the inside of my knee when I stand up. Once Im up its good but feels like a knife if I put weight on it. Just had my followup withxray and surgeon said it was good. I had a little ache then but it seems worse. Any ideas?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your knee is angry about something you did. Can you think of anything different you did? Any extra activities?
 
When I had my last back shot, during the superman phase I was doing squats.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It sounds like you pulled something. Try icing and elevating.
 
I hope it's better tomorrow. If the ice doesn't maybe try heat to relax that muscle. Have you used anything like Tiger Balm or Ben Gay on it?
 
No. Will ice when I get home tomorrow. I just figured it was part of the healing put I tried stretching and it hasnt helped.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Something is going on, iced tonight and swelling is back, I would guess 50% bigger. Back to rest ice and elevate for a bit.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You mention having done squats, I think recently? Squats are hard work for the knee. Most surgeons will tell you not to do them early in recovery. Your recovery is past the year mark, but it’s still possible some structure in the knee is still not fully healed and is reacting negatively to something you did. Maybe the squats. Maybe something else. Give it lots of rest, elevating, and icing to help it settle down again.

Your surgeon said your implant is good, so that’s good news!
 
So, I had stopped doing the stretches for my IT and once I picked those up again my knee felt better. I guess stretching needs to be a part of my daily.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks for the info. Going to implement the massage with the stretching.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom