Guest viewing is limited

Kneeling

Good to hear your reports, dadman! When I went back to teaching I was honestly was so tired at the end of the day I could not have walked a mile! I did manage to ride a few miles on my bike though. I'm so happy to hear you're doing so well. :yes:
 
Holy cow, 14,000 steps! That's amazing!
 
So the school year has ended and I survived. Administrator is moving me to the other end of the school so I have been packing my room, which new knee has not liked. Im concerned that I may have set it back some. I finally got a stationary bike and in my zeal did not realise the lowness of the seat and cranked my leg all the way before realising it. Have been elevating and icing every night just to keep the swelling down.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ugh! I hate packing up a room! Give that knee a rest if you can.
 
You made it through! Now, it time to take care of that knee!
 
4 months out and doing ok. Boke out my ice machine for regular use again. Still waiting on the current resident to move so I can move into my new classroom. Going to checkin in the morning and them take the day to run errands and do chores and hopefully move Thursday. Downside is I will be moving alone with no help, but will take my time. Its been a trip!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Take as long as you need to get moved without hurting my baby knee. Do you have a wagon or something like that to load and carry your things? That will help your knee.
 
Moving then setting up a new classroom is soooo exhausting and time consuming. I'm glad you're getting the ice machine out, the knee probably needs it.
 
Got the room moved with the help of a 14 year old. Back still hurts but the knee is fine. On another note, my live was playing with her flowers and fell. She now has a black eye, skinned knees and a broken foot.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great that your knee is fine, but bummer about your back. Oh, and your poor wife? falling and injuring herself. Now, you will be the caregiver for a while! Thank God your knee is up to it!
 
She is so tough and independent shes back at work. Poor lady has to eat my cooking though. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am sure she's appreciates every bite!
 
Looking at a 9 hr drive to Orlando. Planning on bringing my ice machine. Any tips for the trip?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Every hour or so you will need to get out and walk around. Are you doing all the driving? I sure hope not! Take a cooler with your ice packs in it and ice as often as you can. It will be a rough trip, but listen to your knee and obey it!
 
Can you break that long drive up into 2 days? Having to stop every hour or so will turn the usual 9 hours into a much longer trip.

Take frozen gel packs and ice your left leg as much as possible. You could keep some frozen in a cooler, so you can change them out from time to time.
Having to stay in one position for such a long time will make your left leg pretty stiff.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom