Guest viewing is limited

Kneeling

Well work is getting back to normal and I am doing ok. According to my Fitbit I am getting over 8000 steps during the day. Going home, icing elevating and stretching that IT band, pesky darn!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yep, that IT band can be an issue, especially when going back to a job full of activity. Keep icing, elevating in the evening. I used to lay down on the side of my bed and let my TKR hang down, stretching it out as much as possible.
 
Yup, I get my robe belt and stretch it to the side. 6 more weeks then off to vacations


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So my neighbour loaned me her bike and I rode through the neighbourhood, about 2 miles. Very excited.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That is wonderful! You have a reason to be excited!
 
Riding a bike for 2 miles - that's great!
 
:bicycle1: I'm very impressed! I found out last year that they saying once you know how to ride a bike you won't forget is not true for me. Maybe after this recovery.
 
This week I have stopped the opiods. Just tylenol as needed. I wanted to feel the reality of my knee and its not bad. I have had 10000 steps for a few days. Still healing but getting back to normal is cool. Appitite came back and so did the pounds.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
10,000 steps a day is outstanding for only 2 1/2 months out! Wonderful! I know what you mean about the weight coming back on. I had lost 20 before my surgery and gained 16 back. I am so disappointed in myself. With you being so active, I bet your weight will come back off.
 
Congrats on the bike! That's my next step.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am feeling like I am handling being back at work well and am ready to get regular cardio inboard. Walked a mile tonight, thats home this week and will build slowly to the goal of 3 miles. I dont think I would be where I am if I had not slowed down in the early weeks and spent modt time resting, elevating and icing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'd say build up by adding a few minutes every week and if you notice pain back off. You'll be done with school soon though, so more time for walking.
 
I use a Fitbit to measure my steps/miles. You would be surprised how much you walk just in a normal day of living! I'm doing at least 2 1/2 miles just walking around in the house and yard doing nothing special! I bet you do, too.
 
Go for it flyaway! It's a good incentive. But, be sure to not overdo!
 
Not going to overdo it at all! Just curious how much walking I am doing on an average day at home.
 
I am up to 1.7 miles and feeling very good with it. I stretch every morning my hips, hammie, IT, and thighs. Love the stretches I learned in PT. I am not in pain but do have short twinges, maybe just bubba becoming more me as nerves and muscles get stronger and grow back. I believe that the best thing I did was chill during weeks 3-8 , ice elevate and rest. Love this site and the friends made.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh, with my walks this week I am getting in about 14000 steps a day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom