Guest viewing is limited

Kneeling

Sounds like you should take it easy for a couple of days. So often we don't know we've overdone until afterward. Hope today is a better day for you.
 
Has anyone heard if electrical stimulation to flatten your leg? My pt keeps bringing it up and I keep telling him no.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I had that at PT. I didn't help with extention as far as I know. It was near the end of each session and sort of woke up my muscles I guess. I loved it and found it relaxing. I also had TENs at my first PT group.
 
I think it's called e-stim as in electrical stimulation. It helps with muscle spasms and can keep muscles from atrophying with long term conditions.
 
I'm not sure what Jo thinks of it, but it didn't cause me any pain at all. The only way it may help extention is possibly relaxing the muscles, which is what it did for me. All I did for extention was to rest my foot on an ottoman and let my leg bridge across, gravity did the trick. Do this a few times a day, stopping when your leg begins to hurt.
 
Mine isn't anymore unless I use it a lot. Then it's only slightly warmer. They say that the warmth is a sign of healing.
 
As Sisterinhim said, the heat is normal and a sign healing is taking place. It will eventually be the same as your other knee.
 
As I progress in my recovery I am consistently rereading the information about healing and expectations. I feel like I am making good progress but I am learning I need to use moderation on the good days so the rough days are fewer.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I tried to follow that activity chart, even printing it out and put in on my dining room table to refresh my memory frequently. It was a huge help and kept me from overdoing it on the days that I felt good.
 
Very happy today at PT rode the bike with full rotations! Very tired though. Resting the rest of the day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great! Just don't over do and bike too long. You only need a few minutes at first. You can add time later after the knee is healed.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Kneeling
week 6
 
Looks good and very little swelling! How blessed you are!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom