Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

How many more times do I have to ask for Physiotherapy in the UK by self referral , and every time keep getting silly home therapy email guidance on how to exercise and say give it a year to settle advice, cannot afford private therapy , even my GP states NHS therapy self refer is problematic.
Guess I have to state my knee falling off then might get a response more fitting
 
@bland I am also in the UK. I suggest you look up Benenden Health Insurance, and see if you are eligible. It is not like the usual ones, I don't think you have to declare any existing conditions, and it's very affordable. I used to have it, I think it cost £6 a month then, and would still have it if I didn't now have private insurance through my husband's employers.
 
@bland9, also meant to add, please contact PALS through your local hospital. It is the patient advice and liason service. Explain your problem, which is due to surgery at that hospital, and ask them what they can advise re further surgery etc, also about not being able to get physio. It's worth a try, and they have helped me in the past with getting NHS appointments etc.
 
Thankyou tabbycat -certainly will try that-
Well nearly 8 months now post tkr- and still in so much pain ,I could scream , Still on crutches,
night time my knee really hurt - would help if I could bend it or and straighten leg in bed, cannot bend leg more than 70 rom
 
You're welcome, @bland9 , please do push the hospital via the PALS, put it in writing and be pushy! They should investigate at least and give your more information or look at referring you to another hospital. My local NHS hospital does not do revisions (which it sounds like you may need), so ask them what the procedure is. Good luck!
 
I got a unusual pain- I had this annoying and troublesome pain in my right hand , on the top/ middle of hand where a cannula was placed and , ever since I had a cannula removed it really hurts, maybe nerve damage- but 5 months on- is this possible.
 
Good for you! Not long to wait now, and hope you will find some answers.
 
I know I am strange when it come to my knees- though I like to ask if anyone got any ideas my concerns about not being able to straighten my knee so much so I have to walk when a bent leg and still on crutches. getting fed up with my use of the crutches[ DO anyone think its the spacer too big !
got no swelling on knee anymore but still have pain when walking.
I know i got to see the surgeon soo but like to have rough guess before seeing him
 
This week not a good week for my right knee replacement-so much pain and I'm walking like a 90 year old man on crutches- Damn leg will not straighten- just to describe the amount of straightness is when I'm:bawl: laying on the bed leg straightened ! . one can get two hands clasped together and slide them under knee without contact with knee/leg and also cannot bend it past 70 degree rom while sitting- most of the swelling has gone now ,so its not swelling that's preventing it bending to say 90, cannot wait to see the new Surgeon- leg so painful at moment Its not like I'm over doing it far from it
 
Today feeling a bit fed up with myself- my colleague at work who had her knee done in October last year , has now return to work and is walking great -bending -rom fantastic -etc and there me -I feel really pleased for her but I feeling very sorry for myself and the prospect to going through it all again
 
I agree it’s very hard to see other people in our lives have the outcome we should have had. :console2:
 
@blank9 and @Jockette It is very hard to see and hear of others who have gone back to their lives in 6 to 8 weeks. You are happy for them but wonder what you did to not have that wonderful outcome. My 3.5 year old granddaughter begged me to get on the floor with her to play a matching game this weekend. At over 2 years since my RTKR, I can get on the floor but getting up is quite an adventure. If I kneel on my knees, they swell and I have to have the fluid removed. Try explaining that grandma has a big boo boo on her knee and can't get on the floor. It is very disheartening. But, I could be worse.
 
I tell my grandchildren we have to sit at the table to play games. I have not been on the floor since my surgery, almost 3 years ago, now.
but wonder what you did to not have that wonderful outcome.
We didn’t do anything wrong, it is not our fault that we didn’t get the expected outcome. I won’t say anything more on that.

Hugs and prayers to both of you, that things will improve for you. In spite of my issues, I am better now than I was a year ago.
 
I'm far for perfect, but better than before my tkr. That was my wish and I got it. If it improves then it's all icing on the cake!
 
thankyou all again for your kind words of support, noticing pain is decreasing but still cannot straighten knee- feel really tight around knee when trying to gently stretch my leg and has for my Rom it still very much stuck at 70 no matter if I try to gently force it back, and when i do the pain is bad, so gave up trying to do that anymore, cannot wait to see the New Surgeon on 27th Jan and see what he says= though he be surprised when I walk in still using crutches . though not really wanting anymore surgery - so not sure what to do if he say I need it. but it could get worse or better if not
 
Last edited:
Tough situation to be in, that. You want to get better, but surgery looks to you like more trouble. I hope the new surgeon can set you on a good course and give you confidence in that approach.
 
doing gentle leg stretches "Straightening" on the bed and at the front of knee get pins and needle feelings and soreness , is this normal also I noticed my knee wobbles when walking ,I know I still on crutches , could this be due to muscle weakness in knee too,
 
Well tried exercising the knee/ leg and cannot budge it one inch in straightening, still can drive a bus under my knee when extended, MUA did not work so not sure what to do now. seeing Surgeon Monday got a feeling he will say got to live with it has my initial surgeon said
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom