MUA knee so stiff<<

You desperately need a second opinion. Something definitely sounds off with your knee.
 
@sistersinhim Yes :thumb: fully agree with you - and that's what I'm having to wait for unfortunately in the UK under the NHS we have to get referred by GP or another Surgeon and placed onto a waiting list which can take up to 3 months wait- so until then we have to suffer ,
Though have to smile I'm now getting lots of attention and sympathy from complete strangers stopping to ask if I'm ok and need of help that's how bad my knee is, almost crawling along with my crutches with bent and dragging leg, I'm a good advert for knee replacements:sad:
 
You are what I believe the Irish call a “plugger”, though, and your perseverance, I think, will eventually give you a good outcome.
 
Yes. I concur. Wish you lived closer, my surgeon is marvelous and is highly skilled at fixing knees gone wrong. I feel so badly for you. This has indeed gone very badly and I continue to watch your journey to see you walk upright and pain free one day, hopefully not too far into the future.
 
This is great news!! :happydance:
 
Little bit of news to celebrate!Who knew it come to this to cause you to rejoice??!!:spin::dancy::yellowcat:
 
Walking with bent leg is very awkward and now leaning to one side- my wife tried to imitate the way I am standing /walking and she could not understand how I could cope with it . :old:
 
Wishing you luck getting an appointment soon. :console2:
 
@kneeper -many thanks for your kind thoughts- today not a good day knee wise. my knee feel like its going to explode for my leg , It feels like the prosthesis is pushing against the knee area and the knee cap is forcing itself outwards --the knee itself is not swollen - I know it all sound strange but its just how it feels, plus I feel so exhausted doing the slightest of things then having to rest up for hours , and yes cannot wait to hear from hospital has I have had enough of this and cannot continue living like this.
Sometimes cannot feel disappointed with my Surgeon that I told him it was not right and all the response was its the best its going to get and that if it did not improve i was going to lose the knee.
Why do surgeon who do the replacement quickly dismiss you when things don't go right
 
Why do surgeon who do the replacement quickly dismiss you when things don't go right
My guess is they don’t want to admit there might be a problem. Unfortunately this is common with those of us who don’t have a good outcome.

My knee has never felt right, and I have limitations now that I didn’t before surgery, and at my one year check up my surgeon offered me no help whatsoever.

Thankfully, even though I’m not happy with my knee, I am doing ok with it. I’m so sorry that you are barely managing with yours. I hope you hear soon about an appointment.
 
Thank God that you are now in the system. I pray that your appointment comes sooner rather than later.
 
I agree with both @sistersinhim and @Jockette
This has been such a long trial for you...it seems so unfair this happened to you and yes your surgeon seems to have no more answers for you nor advice and I suspect he is hoping for no legal repercussions..but something surely has been wrong from the start. Yes you had history of defect but somehow the healing process went awry. I pray your appointment comes soon and you get help. I’m having a time with both my arms (prob rotator cuff) from my infamous fall the night after surgery but nothing compared to what you’re going through. My best wishes and prayers are with you.Hang in there!!
 
Thankyou all for your kind support and yes Im having difficult time of it at the moment - knee getting worse - Im beginning to drag leg behind me now when walking and stairs are getting harder to climb. plus previous tkr knee is hurting due to transfer of weight on it , the tight banding feeling has return on this leg due to return of swelling but have to carry on has usual well has much has I can, where I work have been good and not pressured me at all and I am told to take it easy , though its difficult to keep on my feet for any length of time . still not heard from hospital yet apart from the initial letter, so got to bare with it :walking:
 
Got to smile "When it rains it rains" :blackcloud: Due to not being able to bend my knee over 70% I have to use my hands to push myself up from a sitting position, but today unfortunately due to this "I fractured my wrist" so now cannot use my crutches for awhile now:boohoo:
 
Got to smile "When it rains it rains" :blackcloud: Due to not being able to bend my knee over 70% I have to use my hands to push myself up from a sitting position, but today unfortunately due to this "I fractured my wrist" so now cannot use my crutches for awhile now:boohoo:
I am so sorry that this happened to you!!! Did you have it x-rayed and put in a cast? I am just so surprised that simply using your hands this way would break your wrist, since I have been doing this for years myself (due to my very bad knees), without even a sprain. Maybe I have been lucky.

If your wrist is truly broken, I don't see how you can rely upon it to push yourself up from a sitting position. I know they are expensive, but one option might be to get a lift recliner to help you stand.
 
Last edited:
If your wrist is truly broken, I don't see how you can rely upon it to push yourself up from a sitting position. I know they are expensive, but one option might be to get a lift recliner to help you stand.
@bland9 I have to agree with Carole you will need extra assistance since both knees are struggling also! I had a L Thumb arthroplasty 2 years ago, for an arthritic joint and it has been acting up in this recovery also, a lot of stress with our arms as we need to push up. I even noticed my favorite chair now creaks and is loose on the R side since my TKR :chinstroke:!
It would help if you could get one of those lovely lift recliners! Best of luck in this process!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom