• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

MUA knee so stiff<<

OP
OP
B

bland9

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Seen the surgeon and not a very positive result -he stated I got a well over 20% bend in knee when measured when leg is so called straight- He stated that he cannot do MUA being my leg is so tight and that kind of bend and if he did there is a good possibility my bones will shatter ; he said if I could get it to 10% he will be happy, also he also stated being my knee was so bad any more surgery will make it worse, and so going to get more physio and see him in SEPTEMBER. and near enough got to live with it.
Feeling really fed up now.

Helizabug

graduate
Country
United States United States
That sounds so discouraging. Is there no second opinion option? Did he talk about how more physio would help? I’m so sorry you didn’t get a more positive report!

OP
OP
B

bland9

senior
Country
@Helizabug this is my second opinion and if I ask for another opinion I will have to wait another three months- though I had enough now , Has for physio I personally asked for this just to see if they can help with gentle physio to straighten the knee even if its a fraction ,anything better than I have now.
Just to show that knee replacement surgery is not always that helpful has now I got two worse knee than I started off with. I now have listful of things I cannot do now in that I could do before TKR in both legs:groan:

Helizabug

graduate
Country
That’s awful news. I’m sorry. I hope the gentle physio helps.

OP
OP
B

bland9

senior
Country
Blast my both tkr knees are hurting and so tight pain in knee cap area- my old tkr knee now playing up do to transfer of weight even though still using my crutches. really don't know what to do anymore,

OP
OP
B

bland9

senior
Country
Received a phone call today to state I got emergency appointment with Physio"s tomorrow , at least there some movement and will have to see if it helps. going to be some effort to decrease the 20% bend in leg when standing straight but got to give it a go

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
@bland9 So glad you are finally moving ahead. Please take it very easy tomorrow. Gentle, slow and steady. That knee has been through a lot. All the best. Please let us know how it goes!

OP
OP
B

bland9

senior
Country
Attended physio today and he said he unable to do much for my knee - he stated also my is knee very tight and solid above knee cap area and plus leg very bent, though he did say he give it a go a challenge he stated

sistersinhim

Country
This was your first visit with him and he shouldn't have written your knee off that quickly. At least he's going to try.

sistersinhim

Country
Was your knee bent before your tkr? If so, it will take a while for those large tendons and muscles to stretch back out.

OP
OP
B

bland9

senior
Country
@sistersinhim the answer to your question is no my knee wasn't bent before tkr and had no stiffness either in that leg and even when I had a MUA awhile ago my Surgeon even then could not straighten it remembering his words that's the best its going to get and the new surgeon even he stated that if I can get to 10% bend/straight -its better we leave it that way and his Flatley refused another MUA because he stated it will cause even more problems and damage with my knee.
My knee feels rock solid just above the knee and painful. the therapist tried to push it down and could not budge it one inch and stated he not seen the like of it before and also stated it will be a challenge and unlikely to improve, so it now several people I seen all state the same outcome.

OP
OP
B

bland9

senior
Country
Today my knee is extremely sore around knee cap and tight due to physio, but got no choice but to continue:headbang:

OP
OP
B

bland9

senior
Country
@Helizabug this has perhaps I mentioned is my second opinion and my new surgeon is refusing to do anything to my leg at the moment stating its going to cause more problems than I got now and if he operate on my knee it may fracture due to the condition of my bones , in which my first surgeon did not mention,
so if i want to try to have a lesser of a bend in knee i got to try something, or got to live like this for goodness how long . my leg feel really heavy now and painful; find myself dragging my leg. good thing Im hanging onto my crutches when walking- soon will have to consider a wheelchair :sad:

Helizabug

graduate
Country
Oh yes, I see that you told me it was your second opinion. I forgot. Sorry.

I am so sorry that it’s not getting better.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
chica
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom